• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 10 coming to PS4 and NX

Luigiv

My biggest question is whether PS4 players can play with Wii U/Wii players?

I assume yes?

I'd assume so. Nintendo has said in the past that they have no problem with crossplat online and I don't think Sony would have any issue with it either.

iceatcs

Not even Xbox One. Wow just like deja vu, Square on PS3 last gen.
Square must really hate Xbox.

Interesting that NX version announced that we don't have official NX yet.

Porcile

I still doubt this will be released. it's not quite as simple as just doing a localisation and calling it a day. It's expensive to run a MMORPG.

Nibel

This means one thing:

NX might be powerful enough for UE4 OR it is weaker than expected and gets the 3DS version

If this is the case, does that mean NX will be a dual-screen system again?

What is happeniiiing

rjc571

Banned

An Xbox One version would sell approximately zero copies.

This means one thing:

NX might be powerful enough for UE4 OR it is weaker than expected and gets the 3DS version

What is happeniiiing

This is DQ10, not 11 (although your point does apply to 11)

This means one thing:

What is happeniiiing
Dragon Quest X is not on the UE4 engine....

Now this makes me really curious about the power of NX. Closer to 3DS or PS4?

But to stay on topic if they localize this I wonder if they'll keep the monthly fee or make it buy to play.

CrisKre

i'm no nostradamus but history has taught us that the Nintendo platforms are never as powerful as their competitor. I'm not saying it won't be as successful (nobody knows yet) but powerful....nah.....i think the PS4 will be more powerful than NX...
Its coming 3 years later than the ps4. It may be as powerful. We just don't know yet.

Oregano

I'd assume so. Nintendo has said in the past that they have no problem with crossplat online and I don't think Sony would have any issue with it either.

True. Pure Chess was supposed to be fully cross-platform, wonder if it ever materialised.

If the games come to XB1 it would only be in the west so it makes sense that they wouldn't mention it. Once they announce localization then maybe they'll mention an XB1 port. Though I'm not holding my breath even for that.

Did they say anything about crossplatform play for the PS4 version? It's going to be super important for it to have that or else it's going to struggle.

Aeana

Did they say anything about crossplatform play for the PS4 version? It's going to be super important for it to have that or else it's going to struggle.

All of the versions use the same servers, there's no reason to expect differently for PS4.

Piccoro

so i guess im not buying a wii-u

Because you can't play Dragon Quest X (10) (TEN) on the Wii U?

dragon_quest_x_wii_u_boxart.jpg

GUYS please read the title, this is about DQ TEN, not ELEVEN.

All of the versions use the same servers, there's no reason to expect differently for PS4.

I was curious because as far as I know there's never been a PS game that had crossplatform play with a console from another manufacturer. I remember Bizarre wanting to do with with Blur but they said they couldn't get it to happen.

Joqu

I was curious because as far as I know there's never been a PS game that had crossplatform play with a console from another manufacturer. I remember Bizarre wanting to do with with Blur but they said they couldn't get it to happen.

I thought it was Microsoft who was stingy about crossplatform play. FFXIV is crossplay with PC fwiw

Some Nobody

It's a little weird that Nintendo didn't tell them to keep this under wraps until their grand showing. I mean, we don't know much about DQ and we know even less about NX so this easily could've waited.

Kuraudo

Banned
This is the only MMO I've ever really been excited for. Cannot wait to finally get to play it (assuming it is localised).

Shahed

Well if this comes over I guess I'll give it a brief shot. Buying the game should give the first month free right? I won't be in there for the long haul, just complete as much of the story as I can. Is DQX as solo friendly as FFXIV? I used Duty Roulette all the way until after post game.

Hopefully this comes over. I want it so bad.

I'm ready to commit my entire wallet to all the Dragon Quest games. Make it happen SE.

Aeana

yep, Square likes living in the past.

if it was B2P I would actually try it out since I remember someone saying it plays a little like FFXI. Might still try anyway once it hits PS4 just to wash the nasty taste of FFXIV from my mouth.

The sub model is preferable for a lot of MMO players. It means a steadier stream of content, generally.

Joqu

Unfortunately I can't see DQX releasing in the west with a sub model. Maybe I'm underestimating the fanbase but I don't think the franchise has that kind of pull in the west.

Do MMOs ever change their payment model between regions?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The sub model is preferable for a lot of MMO players. It means a steadier stream of content, generally.

Yep, most F2P or semi F2P MMOs just dump content whenever while sub games with steady userbases get content patches/expansions in planned intervals.

Only really popular F2P's when they first became a thing had it both ways and that's generally because they were unexpectedly successful and had content in the pipeline as if it remained sub only.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
good to see it continuing to roll, hopefully someday wee will be allowed to play it, on whatever console...

Top Bottom