• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 10 coming to PS4 and NX

Megatron

Do we even know if this is coming to the West?

First I were excited about the Wii U version, and when the PC version were announced I were pretty sure it would arrive here, but Dragon Quest X is still nowhere to be seen in the West.

We dont know, but every port to a new platform increases its chances, so hopefully.

I hope the 3DS version can make it to the west, and it's not another Ni No Kuni situation.

There isn't a 3ds version of DQX

120v

Problem with localization is subscription is pretty much a death sentence. If there could be a way to make the western version b2p or whatever I don't think square would hesitate to bring it over

Cmagus

Problem with localization is subscription is pretty much a death sentence. If there could be a way to make the western version b2p or whatever I don't think square would hesitate to bring it over

I think there would be enough people to play the game but it may be a tougher sell especially with the success of FFXIV right now. I've spent some time with the JP version and it's a fun game but how the NA audience will feel about it could easily vary. I personally would pay a subscription and drop FFXIV for this and I'd be ok with B2P as well but I really hope if it comes here they don't go F2P in any way.

Is FFIV B2P or F2P?

FFXIV is currently subscription based and it's doing incredibly well right now. Subscription isn't a death sentence if the content is good enough to support it and they've certainly done that with FFXIV.

Kouriozan

Really want to play this game. Hope it gets localized on PS4. I know not everyone wants a Dragon Quest MMO, but I'd love to give it a go.
I absolutely loved DQ IX and X is like an improved version of it so honestly, I kept praying everyday that one day I'll be able to play it.

LtOrange

I absolutely loved DQ IX and X is like an improved version of it so honestly, I kept praying everyday that one day I'll be able to play it.

That is why I want it so badly. I put so many hours into the multiplayer of DQ IX and have been dying for a console version.

rpmurphy

I honestly think the sole purpose for bringing it to PS4 is to market it in the west. DQX already exists on five platforms in Japan (3ds, Wii, Wii U, tablet streaming, and PC). PS4 sells even less in Japan than the Wii U does and I doubt people were waiting for a PS4 version of this game to finally take the plunge. If Square wanted to justify localizing it in the west, it would have needed to be on a super popular system like PS4.
I hope it does get localized (and props to Sony if they supply the servers for the international communities), but the same line of thought was said of the PC release, and SE even IP-locked it down. :(

Loto

You say this in a thread about a game that is out on Nintendo consoles for like five years.

Maybe monopoly means something completely different whe you come from, though.

He is right though. The DQX announcement, along with the recently announced RPGs at E3, mean that the ps4 will be home of the RPGs.

I'm struggling to think of any console (save maybe the Saturn, but that was ages ago) that has had its first reveal (which Nintendo has already said won't come until 2016) and launch in the same year.

It's way too quiet at Nintendo. Don't think they can afford another year of just 3DS sales because Wii U is dead. I think most of their internal teams are already working on NX games. I see it launching next year although it may not be a simultaneous global release.

Mory Dunz

He is right though. The DQX announcement, along with the recently announced RPGs at E3, mean that the ps4 will be home of the RPGs.
There's stuff like Pokémon, Xeno, mon hun stories, paper Mario, m&l, DQ 11 on both, illusionary rev, bravely, EO, SMT, YOKai, etc

So it seems like there's rpg for all.

Even Xbox has ffxv and kh3 so no one is left out.

Not sure why a monopoly is being brought up

cafemomo

Chance of crossplay between PS4/NX/WiiU/PC?

I recall Nintendo saying they are open to online play with other platforms (IIIRC, there is a chess game on the eShop you can people with the iOS version)

Tabris

You only encounter other players "massively" in the hub, which makes it like PSO, and not an MMO.

Actually, in Destiny, you encounter other players "massively" in the worlds as well when not in an instance. Either way, arguing semantics about what games should be considered an MMO or not.

The point is, the lack of social features, is alarming for any MMO and an immediate turn off.

Aeana

Actually, in Destiny, you encounter other players "massively" in the worlds as well when not in an instance. Either way, arguing semantics about what games should be considered an MMO or not.

The point is, the lack of social features, is alarming for any MMO and an immediate turn off.

It has social features. It has party chat, guild chat, private chatrooms, friend chat, /say chat. It just doesn't display on the screen all the time.

Jeremy

I have never played a Dragon Quest game and I've wanted to for years. I will buy DQX and DQXI if they come west.

Spinluck

Damn, games are being announced for NX now?

Does anyone have any word on whether or not we'll see Mario NX? Please confirm.

Sophia

... I don't think anyone, least of all Aeana, claimed it didn't have all the usual social features? But yes, as she noted, they're there. Not having them up on screen all the time is not the same as them not being there.

I've always defined an MMO by the "Massively" part if. That is, the persistence world and existence of other players. But the definition is pretty loose and has changed over time.

If it's localized for PS4 and not the Nintendo family (excluding NX) or PC, Nintendo/PC GAF goan be crazy.

I would think that, if a PS4 localization was to happen, a PC localization would as well. Square is well aware that a significant chunk of FFXIV players are on PC, and that it'd be foolish to have only the PS4 version.

Kalentan

Edit: Saw that someone already mentioned that the NX version is considered and not confirmed on last page.

Anyway, I hope they bring this to the west. Was always interested in it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is FFIV B2P or F2P?

b2p and monthly subscription

FF IV feels like it has a monthly subscription but that's just an illusion because you've bought it so many times. I myself have one version for every month.

I've got it on

SNES as FF II
SFC, regular and easytype
Wonderswan
Playstation 1
GBA, all three regions
DS (best version)
Wii VC
PSN version
PSP

and I still don't have them all! Missing both phone versions because I dislike playing on the phone. I think I'm missing a Steam release too!

Ploid 3.0

Looks like a funny version of FFXI to me, more appealing than FFXIV. Hmm, bring it over SE.

https://youtu.be/DWe0AheO7aU?t=413

I even enjoy watching this video of people seemingly struggling with a boss, just like in FFXI.

Ok that paladin looks too cute. Give me a W, give me a I, P, E! What's that spelled? Wipe!

Top Bottom