• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below review thread

Usobuko

Banned
If you're looking for an actual Musou game, go for One Piece. You'd be disappointed if you're looking for that with DQ Heroes.

I'm actually not very fond of Musou ( hence the limitation ) , so I think I will go for DQ:Heroes even if I much prefer the One Piece universe.

I think I'll go into Gamestop today and pre-order from them. That looks like the most appealing bonus so far.

I liked, but didn't love Hyrule Warriors. Hopefully this holds my attention a bit longer.

I played this at San Diego Comic Con and beat their demo stage. I was hooked, this game is super fun. Thanks to that I went from this not being on my radar to a must buy,

Might check this out. Would be nice to play a DW game where I don't get all the character names mixed up and kind of understand what is going on in the story.

I heard something about a demo coming to BB/GS kiosks. Has anyone seen it yet?

I think a gaffer played it at GS. In overview trailer thread :

So, I was at Gamestop today and while I was looking around I heard our familiar Dragon Quest tune. Noticed they had a playable demo of Dragon Quest Heroes on their demo unit so I check it out.

Holy shit, the game is awesome. Didn't look too much into this title, but after playing for about 15 minutes I was totally sold. Game looks fantastic too. I immediately went and pre-ordered it, don't want to risk getting a gutted copy. :p

i was at Frys and played the demo. Haven't been to a Gamestop since the launch of the PS4 and haven't been to a BB in many many months. So unsure there. But I've heard others say they saw the demos out at those places

AgeEighty

Got the shipment notification on my CE today. All other games will be dropped temporarily when it arrives, and there are some real good'uns I've been working on.

Capella

Yeah, there was a demo of it at my Gamestop along with the Ratchet and Clank demo. I've never played a Musou game and I only played one of two areas but I thought it was really fun.

Can someone explain to me the difference between this and that Zelda musou game? I heard they're not entirely alike but I wasn't clear on why.

Klossen

Banned
Metacritic at 78

not bad, Lost Odyssey was 78 too and to me it was a very great JRPG.
I call it the Japanese AA score tax. Dragon's Dogma is also criminally low on metacritic. Some of the best last-gen games were in that review range of 75-85. Metacritic scores favor big AAA games with tons of hype above all else.

Shauni

This is definitely going to be up there on the list of games to get when I get a PS4. I hope it's not something that only gets a small run due to its more niche nature in the West.

sensui-tomo

Can you elaborate a bit, you might just push me over the fence to buy :l
You can't go and do the whole 1 Man army thing, you need to be defensive for some stages, place monster coins in specific spots and you'll want to level up. Its more party management than being lu bu and tearing shit up(although you can when revisiting stages, dlc is super hard, also free) if you want to give it a try is advise going to a bb or gs, also this game night show SE we really want dq11 .

Faustek

SE really must have gotten thirsty when they saw Hyrule Warriors sales. Not going to go as well for them I reckon even if DQH turns out to be the better game they don't have the pure fanservice as Hyrule did and all I can think of now is poor Samurai Warriors, the better game and the best of them all in this genre, Sengoku Basara. Wonder if these games could come close to Hyrule sales if they had the same marketing? Doubt it :(

Dragon Quest Heroes, Tales, and Disgaea is killing my wallet :(

I feel you on that. It's a luxury problem. One I'm happy to have but for the different games and those less fortunate I really do wish they had spread them out.

Setzer

Gamespot gave it a good score...8/10 but I don't like the reviewer's only negative:

"Makes you wish a mainline Dragon Quest game looked this gorgeous"

I hope he didn't knock off points for that.

Reviews are about as good as one could realistically expect for this type of game. Gonna get this at some point unless of course the sequel is confirmed for the west and looks to expand on this one significantly. A game like this with a truly good story would be awesome.

Code:
THE BAD
Makes you wish a mainline Dragon Quest game looked this gorgeous

agreed.

Square decided to go on and make one that looks even better than Heroes

bKR8tFm.jpg

rmWVFTu.jpg

40 hours to complete the game. Wow.

"It took Miguel 40 hours to handily beat Dragon Quest Heroes with over 100 side quests completed. He comes into Dragon Quest Heroes having beaten five mainline Dragon Quests, his favorite being Dragon Quest VIII.

And I bet they are IV, V, VI, VIII and IX, same as me. I need to meet Miguel or at least hit him up on Twitter.

I'm not into Muso or anything similar to it but I will give this a try.

Top Bottom