• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest VI Renamed Dragon Quest VI: Realms Of Revelation?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
fates said:
Some potential bad news -- the Amazon listing is no longer accepting orders and the price is gone. For the time being, the listing is still up on the site, but...

Perhaps this could be reflecting the solicitation of Realms of Revelation as the new title? Hopefully that is the case.

On a bit of positive news, the title made it into Nintendo Power's Readers Most Wanted poll at #4.

I wouldn't be too concerned.
I've seen the same thing happen to products that sell out of whatever Amazon's anticipated (or confirmed) launch shipment will be.

fates

Hope so! Still thinking this might be a result of the Revelations name change, though.

The old Realms of Reverie name trademark expires in 5 days! They don't appear to be renewing that one. Wonder what that will mean for the old Zenithian website that still has that name.

fates

I'm not allowed to post topics, so I thought I would post this here. I apologize for the double post.

A user on Siliconera has pointed out that they found listings not only for DQMJ2 on Gamestop's Power Up rewards program, but also DQMB Victory (the Wii adaption of the card-based arcade game).

Missing however, is DQ6.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
fates said:
I'm not allowed to post topics, so I thought I would post this here. I apologize for the double post.

A user on Siliconera has pointed out that they found listings not only for DQMJ2 on Gamestop's Power Up rewards program, but also DQMB Victory (the Wii adaption of the card-based arcade game).

Missing however, is DQ6.
Eh, I can't see the spinoffs coming out without the mainline game.

I still have hope and if listings are coming out for these games, that brings the hope up for DQ6, personally.

Oxx

Well, that has to be a good indication. Hopefully Europe is part of the equation. The first Joker and Swords were massively overshipped here.

fates

Quite surprised at DQMBR Victory to be honest. To my understanding, the game was riddled with terrible loading times. Perhaps that would be fixed for us?

Cactus

Banned
Man, I can't figure out if this news is good or bad. I'd love to play Joker 2, but the fact that we now have evidence that two spin-offs are being localized by Square-Enix coupled with complete silence on VI since those trademark updates is really disheartening.

fates

As far as trademarks go, "Realms of Reverie" (should have?) expired on the 10th, it's 6 month extension period, which SE filed in June has ended.

Revelations is still up, though.

But yeah I agree, while these games are nice, it'd be nice if we could wrap up the main series here.

Cactus

Banned
fates said:
As far as trademarks go, "Realms of Reverie" (should have?) expired on the 10th, it's 6 month extension period, which SE filed in June has ended.

Revelations is still up, though.

But yeah I agree, while these games are nice, it'd be nice if we could wrap up the main series here.

I meant the Europeans ones from a couple months ago, but it is interesting that they let "Reverie" expire. I guess it's Revelation or bust at this point.

Macstorm

fates said:

Missing however, is DQ6.
The Gamestop's Power Up rewards program also listed Tales of Vesperia for PS3. I don't know what database is pulls from, but it's not accurate.

That said, the trademark for Realms of Revelation was published for opposition on Dec. 7, 2010. My totally unfounded estimates have this getting announced in January and released around May.

Seeing this thread get bumped got my hopes way up.

I still have faith about VI coming here, the other two games coming here don't make much sense (but I'd definitely take DQMJ2!).

Hobbun

Macstorm said:
The Gamestop's Power Up rewards program also listed Tales of Vesperia for PS3. I don't know what database is pulls from, but it's not accurate.

That said, the trademark for Realms of Revelation was published for opposition on Dec. 7, 2010. My totally unfounded estimates have this getting announced in January and released around May.

So is that a good thing? Please excuse someone who is not as familiar on the exact process of trademarking a game, but what exactly does “published for opposition” mean?

Macstorm

Hobbun said:
So is that a good thing? Please excuse someone who is not as familiar on the exact process of trademarking a game, but what exactly does “published for opposition” mean?
I don't really know anything more about it than what I read here, but it's something that all trademarks go through before they get registered. Realms of Reverie never made it to full registration, so maybe this one will.

ghibli99

Scythesurge said:
Seeing this thread get bumped got my hopes way up.
Same here. This has happened a few times with this thread, only to disappoint each time. :( I want to play the localized DS version sooo bad.

Hobbun said:
So is that a good thing?

Yes. When a trademark is published for opposition, it means that other registrants have thirty days in which to object to the mark (because it would violate their own marks in some way.) After that period is concluded, basically the next step is for the trademark to actually be issued.

This also means that Square-Enix must've filed a statement of use recently (to describe their intended commercial use for the trademark), which means that at least as of whatever date they did so they presumably still have some intention of releasing this title in the West.

Hobbun

charlequin said:
Yes. When a trademark is published for opposition, it means that other registrants have thirty days in which to object to the mark (because it would violate their own marks in some way.) After that period is concluded, basically the next step is for the trademark to actually be issued.

This also means that Square-Enix must've filed a statement of use recently (to describe their intended commercial use for the trademark), which means that at least as of whatever date they did so they presumably still have some intention of releasing this title in the West.

Ok yes, definitely good to hear then. :)

Thanks for the explanation! (And to Macstorm for the link).

Hobbun

Macstorm said:
That said, the trademark for Realms of Revelation was published for opposition on Dec. 7, 2010.

Actually, do you have a link to a source for this? I tried to google it and couldn't find anything about the trademark being published for opposition. Unless I just completely missed it.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
The silly thing here is "Realms of Reverie" totally works with the story of the game.

"Revelation" does not...or at least, not nearly as well.

I call this a poor choice.

Hobbun

Macstorm said:
Go to the trademark database search and look for Realms of Revelation. Brings it right up.

Ok, see it. Thanks.

Aokage said:
The silly thing here is "Realms of Reverie" totally works with the story of the game.

"Revelation" does not...or at least, not nearly as well.

I call this a poor choice.

They can call it whatever they like as far as I care, as long it comes over to the west.

fates

Amazon has changed their listing to "Realms of Revelation", first 100% confirmation of the new title. A good sign maybe, means someone told them something about it and they changed it accordingly.

As for the trademark status: All trademarks go through an opposition period. It's mandatory so other parties can file grievances should they have one. There's been no Statement of Use issued yet. A Statement of Use turns the 1B (intent to use) status to 1A (in use/production).

For reference, DQ9 was announced during the opposition period. Right when it started, actually.

Hobbun

fates said:
For reference, DQ9 was announced during the opposition period. Right when it started, actually.

Hmm, well, that's not that good then. Why would SE wait on announcing DQ VI (past the start of the 'opposition' period)?

Unless DQ IX was the exception and they announced it early.

Hobbun

Yes, they did announce it, but I was referring to an announcement with a date (like DQ IX).

All we can do is wait and see. But I still feel confident it will be announced as well.

Macstorm

Hobbun said:
Yes, they did announce it, but I was referring to an announcement with a date (like DQ IX).

All we can do is wait and see. But I still feel confident it will be announced as well.
Yeah, what he said. They also announced The Last Remnant for PS3, but I don't see anyone playing that. ;)

fates

Macstorm said:
Yeah, what he said. They also announced The Last Remnant for PS3, but I don't see anyone playing that. ;)

And there's the difference, no one is playing Last Remnant PS3, because it wasn't released anywhere. As a localization, this situation is a bit different here. The game does exist, it just needs to be released overseas. Thus far, Square Enix has a clean slate of releasing announced localizations.

NolbertoS said:
Haven't kept in touch with the DQ VI scene...What have I missed besides the name change for the games title??

Game ranked in Nintendo Power's Readers Most Wanted, and just recently (past two days) Amazon changed their listing to reflect the new title.

Mockingbird said:
Why bother to localize Monster Battle Road Victory? american's won't buy it; plus, don't you need cards?

To my knowledge, it uses "digital" cards. A localization of it would be more surprising not because of that, but because the game is riddled with what players describe as intolerable load times. That, combined with the lackluster trend of JRPGs on the Wii is a bad combo... but, DQ10 is supposedly Wii bound, so who knows?

It's pretty good Dragon Quest fanservice though.

Stage On

Mejilan said:
Folks should really be taking john tv's sly pseudo-assurances to heart, methinks. :)

But it's hard to rest easy until I have the actual cartridge in my hands. I know I'm being jumpy worrying so much, but it's hard not to given what's happened in the past.

We're so close to finally being able to play at every mainline Dragon quest game in english from start to finish in some form or other. I would be super duper pissed if they where dumb enough to actually pass on this.

A little official reinsurance would go a long way right about now

Oxx

This is the internet, patience is not an option!

But after the announcements regarding Inazuma Eleven and Radiant Historia, there should be enough to keep me busy until Square Enix find a decent release slot.

Suzzopher

Oxx said:

But after the announcements regarding Inazuma Eleven and Radiant Historia, there should be enough to keep me busy until Square Enix find a decent release slot.

Back up a second my little Oxx, Radiant Stories is coming to the West?

Suzzopher

Thanks Oxxy.

So many RPGs in such a short time. Hopefully 3DS won't launch with any so I can concentrate on my DS RPG backlog.

john tv

Oxx said:

When is Inazuma Eleven out, anyway? That game is surprisingly fun -- started messing around with the JP version a few months back and I like it a lot. Excited to see it in English. :)

john tv said:
When is Inazuma Eleven out, anyway? That game is surprisingly fun -- started messing around with the JP version a few months back and I like it a lot. Excited to see it in English. :)
It comes out on January 28th. It's EU-only so far, though.

Suzzopher

john tv said:

Europe are getting it January 28th, not sure about the States.

john tv

Sweet, thanks. Gonna have to import one from Europe then! We do some work on the series with L-5 (move names, character names and such) but not the actual game. Very curious to see how it's localized. Hopefully NOE does as good a job as NOA usually does?

EDIT: Oh uh, sorry to derail. Again, I'm sure DQ6 will come eventually. Give it time! DQ9 is selling, let it make some more money before they bring out the next one. :)

Apenheul

I finished DQ5 earlier today (it didn't give me the typical RPG burnout I always get from finishing Final Fantasy games) so I'll just wait patiently for DQ6.

Top Bottom