• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Dragon Quest Wars for the DSiware

king zell

Jun 6, 2004

- The first of 6 DSi-exclusive games from Square-Enix & Intelligent Systems in the works (doesn't specify if the rest are DSiWare or DSi-cart games)
- Supervisor is series creator Yuji Horii. Art director is Akira Toriyama. Music by Kouichi Sugiyama.
- Control classic monsters from the Dragon Quest series, each with different stats and skills.
- 4-player online multiplayer battling confirmed.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1224208_1124.html

larvi

Jul 6, 2007
What type of game is it? SRPG? Card battle? I'm interested if it makes it to the states unless it's just mini or party games.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
EmCeeGramr said:
It's some kind of SRPG with DQ monsters. Wi-Fi battling, 500DSi Points.

Finally DSiWare is getting some good stuff....

Alphahawk

Dec 24, 2006
larvi said:
What type of game is it? SRPG? Card battle? I'm interested if it makes it to the states unless it's just mini or party games.

Knowing the DSi games so far, I'd wager it's a fucking alarm clock.

I keed, I keed

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jan 29, 2008
Florida
Fuck, now I need a DSi. If anything with Kirby is shown, I'll have to stop holding out for a cool color.

Jun 11, 2006
Damnit. Here I was thinking it might be years before a killer DSiWare App appeared. Now I'm going to have to buy one.

Damn.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Jun 9, 2004
NJ, USA
Beezy said:
I never said that they make shit, genius.

I never said you did.

I do, however, laugh at your questioning of my spending habits in a thread dedicated to a game that somehow combines Dragon Quest and Intelligent Systems; an event so rare that surely certain astrological alignments of cosmic proportions are underway. I laugh.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sep 14, 2005
Osaka, Japan
www.playism-games.com
Mejilan said:
I never said you did.

I do, however, laugh at your questioning of my spending habits in a thread dedicated to a game that somehow combines Dragon Quest and Intelligent Systems; an event so rare that surely certain astrological alignments of cosmic proportions are underway. I laugh.

I agree that the amalgamation of DQ and IS is of monumental proportions. I'm very excited. That said, IS is not perfect. They made Super Paper Mario. :(

That said, I bought my JP DSi just for the download store, and I'm suddenly happy I did. I'm soooo all over this.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Jun 9, 2004
NJ, USA
Easily the weakest Paper Mario, I'll grant you. But it was still a pretty nice game, all things considered. It had no trouble carrying my interest through to completion. And the humor, as expected, was very much intact. If that's the worst IS can manage... :)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sep 14, 2005
Osaka, Japan
www.playism-games.com
Mejilan said:
Easily the weakest Paper Mario, I'll grant you. But it was still a pretty nice game, all things considered. It had no trouble carrying my interest through to completion. And the humor, as expected, was very much intact.

But then then they made Card Hero for DS!

thetrin

Sep 14, 2005
Osaka, Japan
www.playism-games.com
I will kill someone if it means S-E makes a DQ brand game for iPhone.

Seriously, it could be anything.

BishopLamont said:
That logo is so stupid, they might as well just call it Dragon Quest.

YOUR FACE IS THE ONE THAT IS SO STUPID

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Sep 14, 2007
It's by Intelligent Systems? I'm not a huge DQ fan but I may have to check this out. IS is my favorite developer.