• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Wars for the DSiware

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The logo could be written in the worst beige poop-inducing colour imaginable and I'd still play it.

- The first of 6 DSi-exclusive games from Square-Enix & Intelligent Systems in the works (doesn't specify if the rest are DSiWare or DSi-cart games)
- Supervisor is series creator Yuji Horii. Art director is Akira Toriyama. Music by Kouichi Sugiyama.
- Control classic monsters from the Dragon Quest series, each with different stats and skills.
- 4-player online multiplayer battling confirmed.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

GDGF

Soothsayer
- The first of 6 DSi-exclusive games from Square-Enix & Intelligent Systems in the works (doesn't specify if the rest are DSiWare or DSi-cart games)
- Supervisor is series creator Yuji Horii. Art director is Akira Toriyama. Music by Kouichi Sugiyama.
- Control classic monsters from the Dragon Quest series, each with different stats and skills.
- 4-player online multiplayer battling confirmed.

Very clever strategy.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mockingbird said:
They are. Hence why this will only ever be on a Nintendo system.

Ssshhh, don't spoil the surprise.

comedy bomb said:
I thought IS was owned by Nintendo?

They are a Nintendo 1st party, Nintendo have developed games using other people's IP before (Tetris and all its variations, Disney's Magical Kingdom, Crystalis GBC)

This is like a reverse Super Mario RPG, with Nintendo making a game from S-E's IP! :D

Can't believe its actually hapenning though! Looks like the 3rd party support for DSi Ware is finally starting to pick up the slack!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Gamer @ Heart said:
Unless it uses the camera, this is a no buy. Its a shame too cause that logo almost sold it to me by itself.

You realize that your post makes no sense right?

Jiggy

Between Dragon Quest and Intelligent Systems it shouldn't take much to sell me (if I ever buy a DSi to begin with), but I'm curious what the scope and complexity of this game will be.

As long as it remains up on the store indefinitely (which it should, assuming online providers haven't completely lost their marbles), this will make a good game to buy when I get a DSi down the line.

...Assuming NoA aren't a bunch of shitheads when it comes to localization again. But I could just learn Japanese and get a JPN DSi for DSiWare stuff. Region locking sucks.

Jiggy said:
Between Dragon Quest and Intelligent Systems it shouldn't take much to sell me (if I ever buy a DSi to begin with), but I'm curious what the scope and complexity of this game will be.
The use of "Wars" in an Intelligent Systems game makes me hope maps will be on par with the Advance Wars series.

Prax

Intelligent Systems
!!!!

I have never played a Dragon Quest game, main line or otherwise!

But this makes it very tempting!!

Plus the other games IS is helping develop..

Why are you making me buy a DSi, Nintendo!?

Captain N

lawblob said:
wut wut? This is great.

DSi just went from worst purchase ever to potentially good purchase.

I agree with this and hope Nintendo has a trailer for the DSiWare games in the works at E3.

This is interesting, I've had a hunch that someone like Intelligent Systems was going to be working on Dragon Quest X. It seems like Level 5 is pretty busy with other projects at the moment, so I wouldn't be surprised if they passed on the reigns to another company, and in my opinion IS is the best suited company for the job.

AntMurda

This is interesting, I've had a hunch that someone like Intelligent Systems was going to be working on Dragon Quest X. It seems like Level 5 is pretty busy with other projects at the moment, so I wouldn't be surprised if they passed on the reigns to another company, and in my opinion IS is the best suited company for the job.

Keep in mind that Intelligent Systems is more a supplementary developer. They are often involved in co-development or assistance development in cooperation with 1-2 other developers. People have a habit of discrediting anyother developer upon the sight of an Intelligent Systems copyright. (For example Card Hero is more a Nintendo designed game, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones was developed by freelancers, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn also had 2-3 supplementary developers).

AntMurda said:
Keep in mind that Intelligent Systems is more a supplementary developer. They are often involved in co-development or assistance development in cooperation with 1-2 other developers. People have a habit of discrediting anyother developer upon the sight of an Intelligent Systems copyright. (For example Card Hero is more a Nintendo designed game, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones was developed by freelancers, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn also had 2-3 supplementary developers).

The last few Dragon Quest games have been collaborations between Level 5 and people at Enix, so this could be the same situation. It probably won't be IS, but it could be Eighting or Genius Sorority.

Llyranor

The only 6's in that article are right next to 2009 and seem to be linked to a date or some rather rather than 6 actual games.

Oxx

Stopsign said:
The last few Dragon Quest games have been collaborations between Level 5 and people at Enix, so this could be the same situation. It probably won't be IS, but it could be Eighting or Genius Sorority.

I imagine one of those will be working on the new Wii Pokemon game that ties in with Gold and Silver.

Top Bottom