• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI:Echoes of an Elusive Age |OT| This One Goes To XI

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hmm, the Best Buy near me is sold out, as is Walmart. If EB Games doesn't have any, I don't see myself playing this until tomorrow :(

Charlton3k

Neo Member
Yep, that's how I got the 3 digital store items (15 seeds, vest, and agates). I've checked my ps4 download list, my addons under the game and the ps store. Many people on other forums are saying the same thing, and ps support isn't helping.

Hey look you used my title!

Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait a few days before I can pick this one up. I'm absolutely swamped with work and things to do, but I should be able to jump in by the weekend. Hope everyone has a great time with this

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It appears that Amazon re-shipped my copy of the game. Never seen them do that before, but I'm not complaining. They shipped it from my nearest major metro area at about 3:00am this morning, and it's actually out for delivery today. I thought it was weird that it basically sat "waiting for USPS pickup" all through yesterday and suddenly it's out for delivery, turns out it's a totally different tracking number than the one they provided at first.

So I'll actually have it here today, awesome.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Finally got my copy today...so let us play some god damn Dragon Quest.
stiYZLY.gif

-MD-

CRIKEY

that VA :/

Yeah her voice is pretty bad lol.

Played about an hour just to get through the intro before work, obviously it's early but the game seems really fun. Looks great too. I turned on the no flee/reduced xp/stronger monsters.

PC version stutters occasionally for a split second but I think it's just loading, I've heard you kind of freeze in place on the PS4 version for a few seconds during those moments so it's least that's not happening.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I like this game's title but it makes my wonder why they didn't got full alliteration:

"Echoes of an Elusive Epoch"

Chaostar

Dragon Quest XI:Echoes of an Elusive Age |OT| This One Goes To XI but not X1

:pie_smirking:

Too soon?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Dragon Quest XI:Echoes of an Elusive Age |OT| This One Goes To XI but not X1

:pie_smirking:

Too soon?
makes you look really sad if anything.
shame i can't enjoy this on the xbox one x
as i prefer that one in remote play than the shitty vita solution i am using right now.

Also as soon as I got my copy I changed the cover to this.
5ed6e43b77348a0e9f090a32ad24cd7d_620_KR.jpg

this one is so so so much better

Last edited:

Chaostar

We could probably do without inciting more pointless fanboy wars around here to be completely honest.

makes you look really sad if anything.

It's even clearly marked as a joke, nobody should be taking it personally. The lack of certain Japanese games on Xbox is well documented by now and I didn't think it'd be an inflammatory sore point.

On topic: I'm torn between this and Original Sin 2 for my big RPG fix after Spider-Man. Too many decent RPGs is a good problem to have :pie_raybans:

Nethernova

It's even clearly marked as a joke, nobody should be taking it personally. The lack of certain Japanese games on Xbox is well documented by now and I didn't think it'd be an inflammatory sore point.

On topic: I'm torn between this and Original Sin 2 for my big RPG fix after Spider-Man. Too many decent RPGs is a good problem to have :pie_raybans:

I dont even own an xbox but the more people who can enjoy DQ the better, its healthy for the series

I want this game so damn bad, but im knee deep in hollow knight and monster hunter world and i am awful at leaving games unfinished, i am determined this time.

sublimit

Banned
Hey look you used my title!

Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait a few days before I can pick this one up. I'm absolutely swamped with work and things to do, but I should be able to jump in by the weekend. Hope everyone has a great time with this
Yeah i also gave you credit in the OT. That was a great subtitle!

Also as soon as I got my copy I changed the cover to this.
5ed6e43b77348a0e9f090a32ad24cd7d_620_KR.jpg

Strangely that was the default cover in the CE and i kept it because not only i like the traditional artwork more but also the spine has the blue PS4 logo so it doesn't stands out with the rest of my games.

Last edited:

Teletraan1

Banned
I will give this a go on my trash tier PC. I am getting a whole new PC within a month so I can always shelve this until then if it is too rough. Going name my guy Android 17.

sublimit

Banned
I spend an insane amount of time today just exploring the town and castle of Heliodor. So much fun checking every nook and cranny and just talking to people. This game already reminds so much of the charm that DQ VIII had. The memories i have from when i first entered Farebury back in 2006 are some of my best gaming moments ever and i'm getting similar vibes from DQXI.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I like the game but there's a few niggles for me. The music ... and the fact I'm finding it really tough to find quest points.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
you are the second one i heard about this today what is wrong with midi ?

sublimit

Banned
Anyone knows what exactly deftness is in the attributes list?

Edit: Never mind, the game explains what each attribute does. -_-;

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Oh I know, but fanboys on all sides are easily offended, so they'd freak lol.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

Whew, played for about 4 hours nonstop.
Got Erik. Really liking it.
Is there any cutscenes without the chat boxes? Haven't seen one since the beginning.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I will give this a go on my trash tier PC. I am getting a whole new PC within a month so I can always shelve this until then if it is too rough. Going name my guy Android 17.
lol I named mine Steen :D

Whew, played for about 4 hours nonstop.
Got Erik. Really liking it.
Is there any cutscenes without the chat boxes? Haven't seen one since the beginning.
I'm about 2 hours away from where you are and not so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigrx1

Banned
Surprised this is getting MILDLY bombed on metacritic. Quite a lot of negative review ratings but no negative actual reviews, so people just stopping by to give it a 1 or 0. Wonder who has a grudge against Dragon Quest.

Also how is the voice acting apart from the one female?

I said I was going to wait until the weekend because of work stuff but what the hell, went to EB and picked it up. Smoked a cigarette and now its almost done installing. Only going to play for an hour but I am ready!

Ar¢tos

Surprised this is getting MILDLY bombed on metacritic. Quite a lot of negative review ratings but no negative actual reviews, so people just stopping by to give it a 1 or 0. Wonder who has a grudge against Dragon Quest.

Probably Final Fantasy fanboys (the ones that don't like DQ, because many like both)

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Anyone getting absolutely muderous FPS in Heliodor? Thing drops like a rock to the teens.

Danjin44

Anyone getting absolutely muderous FPS in Heliodor? Thing drops like a rock to the teens.
Really? I just reached there and haven't experience any FPS drop. Are you playing regular PS4 or PS4 pro. I'm playing through it on my PS4 pro .

Vlaphor

So far, I'm liking this game quite a bit...but I'm also the middle of season 3 of My Hero Academia, so I think I'll finish that and then dive headfirst into this game.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Really? I just reached there and haven't experience any FPS drop. Are you playing regular PS4 or PS4 pro. I'm playing through it on my PS4 pro .

PC with a 1060/8GB of ram. I suspect my cpu might be the bottle neck though I don't know enough about this stuff.

RPGCrazied

More will open up as you go.

Thanks

Its time to end for the night. I really wish this game was 1080p on standard PS4. I can definitely see the jaggies. Love the art though. Voice overs are good so far, and the music is nice, even if its midi sounding. Tracks are short though so it repeats a lot.

Danjin44

Thanks

Its time to end for the night. I really wish this game was 1080p on standard PS4. I can definitely see the jaggies. Love the art though. Voice overs are good so far, and the music is nice, even if its midi sounding. Tracks are short though so it repeats a lot.
Yeah, the game's art direction is just GORGEOUS!!

hecatomb

Banned
I mean they have been using the same art since dragon quest 1, but the update to the gfx is huge. Compared to dragon quest 8 and 9

I got a nice button set for picking up my pre-order, didn't know about that. <3

I'm guessing either.
A. Pissed FF fanboys it's yet another JRPG more acclaimed than XV.
B. Pissed X1 fanboys it's yet another acclaimed PS4 console exclusive (for now).
C. People attacking XI because the music composer is a pretty terrible person, thinking that will somehow make Square stop hiring him.
D. Still really salty music is medli.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Looks like it's just performance issues in HELIODOR for now. Got back to the over world and locked 60FPS.

Top Bottom