• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an elusive age Review Thread

DonF

it won't be quite jrpg without sexualization. i like it!
Please dont
tenor.gif

sublimit

Banned
If you still plan on doing the OT, show off that CE loot (along with the other normal OT stuff)!
Damn straignt i still plan to do it! :) Actually i have almost finished most of the preparations for the screenshots,FAQ,etc
I was planning to add all the game's versions in the OT with their official pictures. I'll post mine separately when the game arrives,hopefully on the 4th.

Btw i don't remember when should we make the OT? On the day of release or the day before it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Damn straignt i still plan to do it! :) Actually i have almost finished most of the preparations for the screenshots,FAQ,etc
I was planning to add all the game's versions in the OT with their official pictures. I'll post mine separately when the game arrives,hopefully on the 4th.

Btw i don't remember when should we make the OT? On the day of release or the day before it?

Sounds awesome!

Usually a day or two beforehand is fine - some lucky bastards usually end up with their shipped copies arriving early or buying from a store that accidentally breaks the street date by a few days.

sublimit

Banned
Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Dragon Quest XI |OT| It Plays Like
Cumming

Edit: spoiler tagged it just incase anyone finds it offensive.

Last edited:

TFGB

Mine was dispatched today so will probably get it tomorrow morning. It seems to have taken an eternity. DQ on PS4....a dream come true. :)

RAREtrash

Neo Member
Only game I preordered this gen, I'm not a massive fan of dragon quest but the little I read says it's like an old school jrpg and that's good enough for me after ffxv and tales of beseria.

120v

was going to hold off on this for awhile but the GMG 25% off is probably the best deal i could hope for near term

suddenly getting the feels, thinking back to DQVIII. funny because i wasn't all that hyped now all a sudden the wait over labor day will be unbearable

hope the PC version delivers. one of the few games i kind of wanted to play on my Pro just because so i hope this is irrefutably the best version

hecatomb

Banned
was going to hold off on this for awhile but the GMG 25% off is probably the best deal i could hope for near term

suddenly getting the feels, thinking back to DQVIII. funny because i wasn't all that hyped now all a sudden the wait over labor day will be unbearable

hope the PC version delivers. one of the few games i kind of wanted to play on my Pro just because so i hope this is irrefutably the best version
I don't think there is going to be a best ver. Since the 3DS is getting exclusive stuff not in the PS4 or PC versions, though the PS4 and PC ver are going to look better.

Last edited:

120v

I don't think there is going to be a best ver. Since the 3DS is getting exclusive stuff not in the PS4 or PC versions, though the PS4 and PC ver are going to look better.

referring more to resolution and performance. japanese devs are still a little iffy with PC ports

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'm pretty sure they said the 3DS version wouldn't be released outside of Japan. Best we can hope for is that the 3DS version's features find their way to the Switch.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It was either this or Spiderman first. This it is! Spiderman can wait. It's time to revisit my youth.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Thank the Lord it is coming for PC.

I'd consider making a twitter account just to tweet a video of the game with the orchestral music to the composer.
Or you could just plug in a usb filled with orchestral music on the ps4 lol

Arkage

Banned
Shipping on my CE confirmed. I still wanted to get through Bravely Second and Octopath but the nostalgia and hype levels for DQ are so high I might just have to try to juggle 3 jrpgs at the same time ugh.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Shipping on my CE confirmed. I still wanted to get through Bravely Second and Octopath but the nostalgia and hype levels for DQ are so high I might just have to try to juggle 3 jrpgs at the same time ugh.
1414717564086.gif

Meelapo

Neo Member
I tried searching but haven't come up with an answer to this question. For those running a PS4 Pro on a 1080P TV, are there any graphical enhancements for Dragon Quest?

Bigrx1

Banned
My hype level is off the roofs right now! I have avoided watching almost all gameplay and have avoided reading anything about the story. I used to play all the Dragon Warrior's on my NES like crazy. hyyyyyyppeeeee!!!

The CE is offensively bare for the price, so I decided to skip it long ago. I've seen CEs with that level of content for $99.99. Where's the statuette(s)?

jshackles

MY COPY CAME TODAY!!!!!

Amazon still hasn't shipped my pre-order so I'm pretty sure I won't be getting it release day (Tuesday) since Monday is a holiday. Man, fuck Amazon. This is the last pre-order I have with them, and given that the 20% discount is gone now it'll definitely be my last.

NeroDaGod

Amazon still hasn't shipped my pre-order so I'm pretty sure I won't be getting it release day (Tuesday) since Monday is a holiday. Man, fuck Amazon. This is the last pre-order I have with them, and given that the 20% discount is gone now it'll definitely be my last.

The website I use always ships their games early to anticipate the release date, and it ends up coming a day or so earlier, you can imagine my surprise when I go downstairs yesterday and see my game come through the letterbox a whole 3 days too early lol

I bet so did you.

I could hardly contain myself

thequestion

Started my adventure last night. Played for 3 hours straight, took a break, and then played another 2 hours - had a really hard time stopping. Classic DQ greatness. It’s wonderful to play the mainline series on my tv again.

Only one critique: the soundtrack. It’s not as good as past instalments...DQ 8’s compostitons were way better imo....but this one is still alright.

bigedole

I'm in central time zone now, so the game doesn't go live until 11 pm :( Have to decide if it's worth staying up a couple hours and having a really rough morning (Latest I can wake up is 6...) or put this off oooooone more day. I'll probably stay up and drink a lot of coffee tomorrow :p

-MD-

I'm in central time zone now, so the game doesn't go live until 11 pm :( Have to decide if it's worth staying up a couple hours and having a really rough morning (Latest I can wake up is 6...) or put this off oooooone more day. I'll probably stay up and drink a lot of coffee tomorrow :p

Not sure what version you're referring to but Steam is telling me it unlocks 11am central tomorrow.

Never thought I'd say it, but Kotaku 30 minutes review is the one to go to this time. Spoiler-free, and clearly written by someone that loves not only the genre, but the series.

And much of the greatness of the review is the reviewer giving his history as a DQ fan.

I hate kotaku as much as the next guy, but this mate clearly knows what he's talking about.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Not us physical ppl waiting for FUCKING AMAZON SHIPPING

CatCouch

Never thought I'd say it, but Kotaku 30 minutes review is the one to go to this time. Spoiler-free, and clearly written by someone that loves not only the genre, but the series.

And much of the greatness of the review is the reviewer giving his history as a DQ fan.

I hate kotaku as much as the next guy, but this mate clearly knows what he's talking about.
That's good to hear!

Bigrx1

Banned

Just read it and agree, great review. I am frothing at the mouth for this game. I played Dragon Warrior so much as a kid and haven't played since DQVIII so I'm salivating like a dog.

Top Bottom