• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

Pandacon

This game deserves better resolution and framerate, so I'm looking forward to this, though I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing it.

Since this is Dark Arisen, I assume "Into Free" wont be playing on the title screen, but thats ok, I can just leave the song on repeat in iTunes while I play the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Sorry if this counts as port begging, but a PS4 remaster would be so sweet. Don't really have a gaming PC capable of running this game at anything above 720p30 or so (I'm guessing). Surely PS4/XBO remasters aren't hard to make happen if this is happening.

Ninjaholic

Neo Member
Sweet! Looks like I will be triple dipping. Hope mods can do something about the bland art style with new textures. But even without the combat is the best in any ARPG I have ever played.

EGM1966

Capcom delivering for me on PC. Brilliant. Definitely double dipping to experience this properly. That combat at 60fps/1080p will be glorious.

FLD

Damn, what is going on at Capcom? First REmake 2 and now this? They're on a roll. At this rate I just might join the DMC5 optimists.

I was never super interested in this one but it's great news for those that wanted it. Plus, a Steam release makes it more likely that I'll give it a shot at some point.

silva1991

Good new, but I will only care if free teleportation mod happens. the console version was more boring than fun because I spent like 90% of my time running on the map toward the the quest.

Holy shit. FINALLY.

Regarding mods, Capcom's MT Framework was kinda limited to texture swapping/replacements, audio replacement and similar stuff. A texture overhaul with some post-processing mods/injectors would make a great setup; I doubt there are draw-distance sliders or ini file variables to control them (the engine's documentation is in Japanese if I recall correctly).

Jhoan

I've played demons souls, dark souls and dark souls 2 and enjoyed all of it.

Will I like dragon's dogma?
It's different from the Souls series. Treat it more like an exploration game with climbable beasts. Just buy it and experience it for yourself. It's an amazing game. Everyone and their mother has to play it now that it's on PC.

Naminator

Banned
YESSSSS! YESSSSSS!

No more bullshit black border! No more playing sub 30FPS!

Ohhh man I am soooo happy, I couldn't finish the game on the Xbox 360 because the framerate issues were killing me.

No kidding.
  • Strider reboot.
  • REmake HD.
  • RE 0 HD announced. Complete HD remaster with new modes.
  • DMC4SE and DmC DE, along with a translation of the 3142 art book releasing in a couple of weeks.
  • Street Fighter 5 looking very solid, with a promising roster and DLC plan and a focus on actually good net code.
  • RE 2 remake being announced on Facebook of all things.
  • Ace Attorney 6 announced with a Western release confirmed the same day.
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for PC.
Did I miss anything?

They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong.

Briarios

I don't even care if the graphics are better, the only thing that bothered me before was the frame rate ... God, I hope I can run it on my old PC lol Ive had pretty good luck with ports, so fingers crossed.

I will buy every single copy of this. I don't care that it's digital, the god damn internet will have no bytes left after I'm through.

CHC

I NEVER thought this would happen. So I happy I set it aside for later on PS3. Now I can play it with no tech issues at all.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
11349018_1060406470666749_1526135036_n.jpg

Deepo

Fantastic news! I've been hoping for this since forever. I've bought the game 3 times, twice on 360 and once on PS3, but I never managed to get going because of the performance. Day 1!

Top Bottom