• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

Man, my wife and I are completely flipping out right now. This is truly a great time to be alive as a gamer! Although, I don't think my heart can take many more surprise announcements this year.

Gold_Loot

Fantastic news! If I had a capable PC I would be all over this.

Hopefully this means we will see DD online sometime down the road.

kewlmyc

yo we can mod this song back in now, right?

otherwise no buy, this is more important than 60fps and arbitrary resolution support.

Wait, they removed it? What's up with Capcom removing epic butt rock from the games when they re-release them? RIP Indestructible.

BadWolf

Man, my wife and I are completely flipping out right now. This is truly a great time to be alive as a gamer! Although, I don't think my heart can take many more surprise announcements this year.

You're heart better man up since we still have TGS, Paris Games Week and PSX to go lol.

Lord Phol

Wow sweet! Been waiting for this for a long time, never thought it would happen. Couldn't stand the framerate on the PS3, one of few times where that just totally put me off the game.

Curufinwe

Fantastic news!

image.php

I like when a post perfectly matches the avatar.

Chao

Good news! Hopefully they will also port it to PS4, and they will if the HD port treatment is already done . Capcom loves port money and I love HD dragons dogma

Tu101uk

Wait, they removed it? What's up with Capcom removing epic butt rock from the games when they re-release them? RIP Indestructible.
If I had to guess? Probably the same reason SFIV lost "Indestructible" - licensing issues ("Into Free" was sung by B'z, the single biggest selling music act to come out of Japan, so I can imagine some trouble keeping hold of it beyond the first game). Don't worry, I'm sure someone will mod it in anyways.

I've been praying for this to come to PC forever, hopefully this diamond-in-the-rough will reach its full potential with more powerful hardware.

This game badly needed a port to newer systems. It was crippled by the older consoles. Can't wait to see it in all its glory at 60fps this time

Boylamite

Awesome news! I never got very far on the PS3 because it's one of the only games that consistently gives me a splitting headache. Normally I'm not prone to headaches from games but that framerate and muddiness was too much.

Oh boy, do I have good news for you!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/kNuWyV495uc/maxresdefault.jpg

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNuWyV495uc[/url][/QUOTE]

That's DD Online though, which is currently IP blocked in the west

[quote="silva1991, post: 177972155"]I played the original version. and they were very expensive.[/QUOTE]

You can get an infinite ferrystone in the expansion pack

playXray

OMFG! Day one for sure - I can't think of anything else that needs a remastered version as much as this.

OK, maybe Red Dead. But that's all.

I've never even played this and I own it on PS3 but seeing constant
port begging
hopeful posts has made me excited for this, lmao

Kayant

Fuck! And I recently (about 2 months ago) brought it to add it to my back log. Oh well I guess now I can get the superior verison.
Brought it with MS points I got from that gamestop giveaway so not much of a loss :p

ezekial45

Banned
This game has got one of my favorite end-game missions ever in an Action-RPG title. And that's not including the Bitterblack Black isle expansion (which is equally great).

It was a totally surprise to see something so batshit and surreal in a dark fantasy. I really envy those who don't know what's coming.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
It's still available on PS4 and PC already, though...
That's a moot point unless your willing to try to work around the IP Block and have enough grasp of the Japanese language to enjoy the game.

Grief.exe

This may potentially confirm a western version of DD online as well. I always theorized Capcom would benefit from the original game ported to PC in order to leverage hype for the 'sequel.'

Durante

This may potentially confirm a western version of DD online as well. I always theorized Capcom would benefit from the original game ported to PC in order to leverage hype for the 'sequel.'
Absolutely. They could have done everything a bit more timely, but whatever.

Top Bottom