• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

MLH

Fantastic news! Probably my favourite home console RPG of last gen. Will buy day one. I honestly gave up hope of seeing this on PC, I thought it's time had passed, but it still looks great and has better gameplay than many action RPGs, fans of WRPGs or JRPGs should give it a go; it's great!

Akronis

FUCKING WHAT?
FUCKING.
WHAT
FUCKING
WHAT
WHAT
THIS IS ALL I'VE EVER WANTED. GODCOM. ALL IS FORGIVEN. I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT DD: ONLINE ANYMORE.

This is the correct response.

Everyone at Capcom just being all "WE DO IT" to everything. I fucking love it.

Mechazawa

OOOOOOH YEEEAAHH GUUUUUUURL.

OH YEAH.

OH YEAH.

My 360 is basically dead and the game ran like shit on it anyways to the point that I didn't want to keep playing it. Will double dip.

Bry0

Very excited for this. I never got to play the expansion, so I look forward to it.
This was a great game, and I imagine it will look beautiful. That said, I think the game itself is a testament to how important gameplay is. The game had lots of little snags, but it is so easy to overlook them because the game itself is a blast.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Incredible news. I've been clamoring for a PC release since the original Dragon's Dogma came out. Such a great game, but the performance and image quality on consoles is just so bad.

This is going to be amazing.

Icarus

They have roughly 3 months to port this. I don't know how much time QLOC had to port SF4 Ultra to PC/PS4 but last I remember it was a disaster at launch. This doesn't bode well.

On the other hand, it's MT Framework, which historically Capcom have handled PC ports themselves to the best of my knowledge. Fingers crossed that it'll be the same here...

SF4 Ultra PC wasn't a disaster, which Qloc did handle (as well as the X360 and PS3 SKUs). PS4 was, which Qloc didn't handle (Other Ocean did).

7drHiqr.gif

giphy.gif

So pumped

Akronis

LOL yup.

Watch neither of these games get approved for Xb1 backcompat... I'd laugh
and cry

But imagine if they did announce RDR this week for PC? Either way, I think I'm double-dipping on DD!

Mandatory online gameplay with shark cards.

R* of today isn't friendly towards PC anyways. GTAV is still a mess on PC after all the "performance" patches. Plus their outright banning of the people involved in FiveM? The people at Rockstar are a bunch of assholes.

Give me a preorder button. I've been waiting 2 years for this and will buy it a third time without thinking at full price. Hell, I'm probably gonna gift it to a bunch of people on my friends list.

Voke

Banned
Awesome, I don't even game on my pc, but I'll buy on steam this to show my support. One step closer to actually getting a sequel.

Seyavesh

If anybody figures out how to mod it you can bet your ass that'll be the first one done.

it's mt framework so it's probably using .arc for files and .xsew for sound stuff
and i think i read that xsew is just like a renamed .wav format or something, so yeah

i'm wondering if this is gonna use the RE6 version of the MT framework engine again, like how DMC4SE does

Mod out stamina being affected by running please.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Then mod in proper fast travel, a completely new inventory system and take out any quest remotely close to a city.

Then it might be worth playing again. It always had huge potential, but 60fps will not fix what is mostly a poorly designed game.

Bruno

This is truly awesome. I've been wanting to buy this for PS3 but always hesitated because.. well PS3. Now it's coming to PC with hopefully proper 60+ fps and it's reasonably priced? Awwww yiss.

I hope it has DS4 support (button prompts).

Bootsy

I've been interested in this title for a long time but seeing how it ran on consoles really turned me off on it. Excited to give it a shot now, good on Capcom for finally putting this together.

PFD

I might pick this up. People always brought up Dragon's Dogma when criticizing Witcher 3 combat

Sijil

Fantastic news, had the game on PS3 but only played a bit before being sidetracked with other games. Now if only RDR would make the jump. I'm also secretly hoping for Yakuza and Nino Kuni (never going to happen) so I would no longer need my PS3.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
If you PC folks want the true Dragon's Dogma experience make sure you lock the game to a steady 8 fps

Teeth

Exactly what I was going to say.

Then mod in proper fast travel, a completely new inventory system and take out any quest remotely close to a city.

Then it might be worth playing again. It always had huge potential, but 60fps will not fix what is mostly a poorly designed game.

These might actually not be that hard to kludge into being tolerable.

Just make all equipment weightless (or infinite carry weight) - would solve at least half of the inventory problems, because you wouldn't have to micromanage as often.

And just mod in a bunch of teleport stones from the start.

It wouldn't be perfect, but it would alleviate a lot of the pain points.

Cheat Engine might be able to do that really early.

Top Bottom