• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

Arklite

A long shot, but if they could possibly implement some DirectInput support for PS3/PS4 pads and maybe even keep in the PS3 button icons for menus, it would be perfect. Looking forward to it either way.

Sectus

Having just bought a high hertz monitor, I am ready for Dragon's Dogma at a framerate 6 times higher than I played it on consoles. Gimme that 1440p 120fps bolide!

nded

Hmm, there are no boulders to be punched in this game though.

Of course there are.

uoW61rf.jpg

Lux R7

The game of my heart!

So-Beautiful.gif

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on PC will save your souls until March/April, when Dark Souls 3 will smash them.
2016 - What a year.

Dinda

Few concerned Arisens on and off the record asked me if everything's a-okay with DDDA since we've gone dead silent after the initial announcement.

We're intentionally in a 'quiet period' at the moment, but I wanted to reassure everyone that things are shaping up rather nicely that will make Itsuno & Co. proud of his baby.

To whet your appetite, we'll start sharing information in a few weeks' time including PC-specific features, system requirements, epic
60fps+ and/or 4K
footage, and more.

We've also fought really hard to stuff in as much feature and content as possible while still offering it at a fair price. But I know fans want more. Moar! More is always better. But we've already stuffed all previously released DLCs into the base game so I have no more DLC to give. What is a shriveled morsel of bacon to do?

But fret not, my fellow Arisens. As a huge fan of Dragon's Dogma myself, pre-order incentives we've concocted I *think* will bring smiles to DD fans and newcomers alike. I humbly ask you to not tase
or eat
me if I fall short.

Bacon out

Thanks for the update.

There a the typical things i hope for the PC version like better textures etc. (Resolution and framerate you got fortunately already covered :)

The few gameplay things that would make a really big difference and are maaaaybe possible without the original developers (I'm guessing this is developed by a porting group/studio?) would be:

1. A Character/Account System. Please let us be able to create several characters without deleting our old ones. This is really important. I hate to delete a character i invested so much time on just because i want to start a new character...Of course we will probably be able on PC to do that manually with save game switching, but an official solution would be so much better.
If you are concerned about item trading between your pawns, it should not be soo difficult to prevent that based on Steam account name.

2. This may or may not be possible, but it would make a world of difference.
Increased difficulty in New Game+. And possibly a bit of randomized enemy spawnes.
It's so much fun to level up your character in DD, but if you are somewhere over level 100, there is really only Bitterblack that is a bit of a challenge, and even that gets less and less the further you level up. Still fun but....
Since everything is the same in NG+ this doesn't change in further playthroughs.
I don't know how difficult that is, but a simple thing like all enemies have x % more health and do like 50% of more damage per continued playthrough would be soooo goood.
I really want to keep using my awesome level 200 Assassin......

Edit
2.5 Change the way hard mode works, just make the enemies stronger more health etc instead of also increasing our own stamina consumption. That is not the best way of doing things, because you make it harder because you limit us instead of only strenghten the enemy.

3. Stamina consumption. My personal favourite would be to make running not require stamina when you are not in combat. The point where you would switch to stamina consumption would be the same when for example the battle music starts. That would make it impossible to just run through everything and still keep the challenge intact. But if you stick to roads etc you could run most of the time.

4. I don't think big changes to pawns are possible, but if you could make the decisions we do on the chair (talk more, talk less, always try to heal, search for loot...etc) just a menu option that would be fantastic. As i really only can guess what my current pawn is set up to..
Oh and please tell Itsuno-san that he first should really make DD2 (please please please) and that when he does he should look at the FFXII Gambit System for future pawn systems. A really really deep version of that.

5. Please make sure that we on PC get the convenience items that players of DD got for DDDA. First and foremost the eternal ferrystone. If you don't want to give them away at the start, at least make it purchasable.

6. could be seen as a spoiler,
Make the Arisen's Bond a 100% fix for your desired "Romance" character, so whoever you give it to will definitely end up being the one taken by the dragon.
I actually kind of like the system at the moment since it is always a bit exciting and funny to see who it will be this time, but this way we would have a way to make it really sure if we want to.

7. Thank you very much for bringing this to PC (even though you should have done so long ago...:)) I'm really excited to play DD finally how it was intended to (stable framerate without bars etc) I will definitely buy it for me and other cool people!

Anko

Few concerned Arisens on and off the record asked me if everything's a-okay with DDDA since we've gone dead silent after the initial announcement.

*snipped stuff that would make any Asian DD fan jealous*

Bacon out
I hate to sound like a broken record but I don't suppose you know why Asia is being left out of the fun? :(

Golnei

I hope the pre-order bonus is playable Chris Redfield

If the sailor suit isn't modded into the game in a week, Capcom should cancel all future plans for PC releases and pull their current games from Steam, since their community has proven to be thoroughly unworthy of them.

SparkTR

I wonder what changed at Capcom for this to happen, I can't imagine there was as much push for this internally as when their community manager was pushing for a port back in 2013 (Sven I think?), but he left long ago.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I wonder what changed at Capcom for this to happen, I can't imagine there was as much push for this internally as when their community manager was pushing for a port back in 2013 (Sven I think?), but he left long ago.
I wonder if DD Online has anything to do with it. Whatever the cause, I'm pretty happy that we're not only getting a PC port, but one that will run at high framerates. It's to be expected with Capcom, but to have it confirmed for a previously <30fps game is fantastic.

Fallout 4 with inevitably take a back seat for a while when this hits.

nded

Capcom needs the money.

Syril

Capcom has always said that rereleases have been a significant source of income for them, but recently they were saying that the recent RE1 and RE4 were way more successful than they had anticipated and that they were planning to make rereleases and remasters a bigger priority. It might have been what pushed them to work through Mega Man Legends' performance licensing issues to rerelease that finally.

Shengar

This game still fucking region locked from Asia store. What's the fucking point of bringing this to Steam in the first place? Asshole capcpom, always find a way to piss off their fans. And none of this shit will brought up to light because the most important markets in the world already got their cake.

UrbanRats

This game still fucking region locked from Asia store. What's the fucking point of bringing this to Steam in the first place? Asshole capcpom, always find a way to piss off their fans. And none of this shit will brought up to light because the most important markets in the world already got their cake.

Not really.
They block the whole Asian countries out of this PC port. They don't need Asian money.
Where's the logic in that, even? Unless they have an Asian version planned, with some different specifics?

Region locking is always garbage no matter what, tho.

Ratrat

Oh, man. Wtf! I was looking forward to this.
Im sure there are workarounds, but I shouldn't have to use them.

Nemmy

1. A Character/Account System. Please let us be able to create several characters without deleting our old ones. This is really important. I hate to delete a character i invested so much time on just because i want to start a new character...Of course we will probably be able on PC to do that manually with save game switching, but an official solution would be so much better.
If you are concerned about item trading between your pawns, it should not be soo difficult to prevent that based on Steam account name.

This. This is really bloody important!

I understand it's a remastered port and no actual new content will be added, but I really want to believe the above will be addressed somehow. I always found the single save slot in DD to be a completely baffling decision...

ZoddGutts

This game being put on PC made so much sense after how the Souls game took off in popularity, if anything Capcom should have reacted sooner and put this game on PC a long while ago, but hey it's finally coming.

KR_remix

He was the senior vp at their US branch if I recall correctly. Just goes to show how uninterested they were with porting it at the time. Glad it is coming now though.

Gbraga

Getting the stuff you got from importing a vanilla save on consoles as pre-order bonus would be kind of nice, though I'd rather it be included in the base game anyway.

A discount, soundtrack or artbook (or a combination of them) as pre-order bonus would be the best and most likely scenario, imo.

Rootbeer

Banned
Very few games will I dump over 120 hours into only to replay it barely more than a year later... but I am doing it with this game.

I will do my part to support this franchise. I loved DDDA to bits.

My newly built PC and XBO Elite controller are waiting :D

Top Bottom