• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

smudge

Never played this and considered picking it up on ps3 but I knew the frame rate etc would bother me.
Excited to hear this news!! Will be buying for sure

Salsa

what a solid move tho

like for real. commendations.

you get the complete version which includes the sequel stuff, proper steam integration and MT framework PC goodies and $30

cacpcom doing it right. thank fuck they ditched GFWL, they're cool now

Gbraga

Even if it's 30fps, that's already like twice as much as the PS3, plus higher resolution, I'm in no matter what.

bede-x

Yes, finally, yes yes :)

One of my favorite games in the last generation, only held back by performance, which this PC version must fix. It's gonna be 60fps, right?

Luigiv

I'd like to be so certain, but we've had e.g. UE3 games which were framelocked.

It's always possible to write frame-dependent code in any engine.
(if you suck hate people)

The game was made by the DMC team. DMC4 on PC happily runs at 120FPS (though it doesn't like running at 144FPS outside of cutscenes and the built in benchmark, I guess due to frame timing on the inputs). I imagine DD will be fine.

Ferr986

Was hoping they were announcing a PS4/Xbone version as well since I think my PC is too old to run this well enough for my liking.

Let's hope this is some indication that they would like to bring Dragon's Dogma Online here too.

Yeah. I finished the game on 360, but I would gladly buy a PS4 version for dem 60 fps and no black bars.

I don't think my old GTX 460 can't handle this game at 1080p 60 fps.

Mods should be good though. I hope for one that (endgame spoilers)
don't make the world look so black post-grigori.

Bl@de

That is great news. Always wanted to play this game :) Seems like a great RPG. And Capcom ports usually run great. Looking forward to it.

Oxn

Im so happy

I have the game for ps3 but i couldnt get pass like 2-3 hours in because the framrate was just sooo bad and unplayable.

I saw so much potential in the game and it was such a shame i couldnt play it

Dizzy-4U

tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif

Soooo goood.

An-Det

Day fucking one. It's the remaster I've wanted for years, and will plat /1k it like I did already on both the PS3 and 360 versions.

Swarna

If they're releasing on PC first I think it kind of makes sense. It seems like they were reluctant to re-release this game for a long time so I think the lower development costs on PC to gauge its success potential is a sound strategy. If it does well it will come to consoles.

Just chiming in as this is awesome news. Been wanting to play this in 60FPS with little loading times for a looooooooooong time now.

MUnited83

For you.
I'd like to be so certain, but we've had e.g. UE3 games which were framelocked.

It's always possible to write frame-dependent code in any engine.
(if you suck hate people)

Wouldn't that mean the PS3/360 versions would downright slow down the game time at every framedrop? I don't think that's the case. The game had an atrocious framerate, but never did it once felt like it was moving in "slow motion".
Of course, there's other ways it could be frame-dependent(specific physics situations) but I really doubt that's the case.

Top Bottom