• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Comes to PC This January

Gbraga

tumblr_m26tsm6yo81qfy7zpo4_250.gif

Soooo goood.

OUT HERE ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVES

MUnited83

For you.
They have roughly 3 months to port this. I don't know how much time QLOC had to port SF4 Ultra to PC/PS4 but last I remember it was a disaster at launch. This doesn't bode well.

On the other hand, it's MT Framework, which historically Capcom have handled PC ports themselves to the best of my knowledge. Fingers crossed that it'll be the same here...

that's not how it works lol. The port didn't start being made today. Come on now lol

Lime

Any ideas if textures will be better? I can't judge from the screenshots and they were god awful in the original version.

Miracle

NICE! PC people will for sure love this game like I did.

I would love to see an HD version of this as well on PS4.

Aikidoka

I've been really wanting to play this game since I've heard it described like a cross between Dark Souls and SotC (combat-wise at least).

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
They have roughly 3 months to port this. I don't know how much time QLOC had to port SF4 Ultra to PC/PS4 but last I remember it was a disaster at launch. This doesn't bode well.

What? The porting is already in process.

How likely is that it will get mod support?

Well, Ultra SF4 on PC is now the definitive version of the game. They didn't do the PS4 port. And they didn't just start working on the port today.

QLOC did DMC4:SE, Remember Me, RE6 and DmC. All great ports.

They did the latest RE4 port as well.

About time! DD was my 2012 GotY and finally even more people get to play it. They should put it on PS4/XB1 as well. I'd consider double dipping for PS4 retail release.

Skilletor

On the other hand, it's MT Framework, which historically Capcom have handled PC ports themselves to the best of my knowledge. Fingers crossed that it'll be the same here...

USF4 was fine on PC. It was the move from GFWL to Steam that messed it up, and that was only the netcode. The game was fine.

SF4 on PS4 wasn't handled by Capcom.

And, lastly, I hope you don't think that they start working on something from the time of announcement and not before. lololol

so lemme break it down cause I never played it and barely looked at it not get mad over no PC release

fantastical / creature ridden open world of sorts (heard there was annoying loading on ps3?) with animation priority a la dark souls / monhun with a focus on cool japanese developed combat as opposed to some of the western developed open world games that ussually lack in that very aspect

yes?

You are correct. It is basically an open world action game in an old school fantasy world, with beasts from classical mythology and monsters from traditional fantasy. The atmosphere is incredible. There are different character classes you can choose from, each with their own abilities that you can unlock as you level up, which make a big difference in how the game is played. There's a crafting system, unique loot and gear, as well as creating your own "pawn", your AI companion. Let's not forget that you can grab on the enemies, climb them and stab them Shadow of the Colossus style.

MrFortyFive

YEEEEEEES

I was so eager to try this a year ago but the performance really put me off. After a couple hours I just couldn't do it anymore. Can't wait to play this game the way it deserves to be played.

Dsyndrome

I have this game from PS+, importing from the UK, and the original non - Dark Arisen one. Will gladly quad dip to get solid framerate and 1080P.

Human_me

Speaking of Golden, P4G should be on that list.
Including P2 and 3.

Yeah I was thinking it but they only released on PlayStation platforms, so the likeliness of a port would be small.
If the Persona series came out on PC I would straight out loose it.
Words would not describe what I would do.

TwistedMind

Neo Member
HOLY SHIT THIS MADE MY DAY !
I always wanted to play it , but being on last gen and me not having those plus the performance ..... THANKS capcom

That's awesome news! What I played of the game was fantastic - maybe all the folk going to the game for the first time will convince me to start up my copy again to join in.

Wow, I really never thought it would happen! It could look so beautiful at times on the consoles, so on PC it will look incredible.

And no more letterboxing!

Top Bottom