• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub coming February 22nd?

What's for this month and january?

*crickets chirping*

Probably some random PS3 or Vita indie ports that aren't very fun to play but people will eat it up because crossbuy. And uhhh yea that's about it. We have to wait till February to get PS4 game.

Endo Punk

As long as it releases before Second Son. I plan on getting both games in March, might skip DriveClub if they didn't manage to get the framerate up to 60.

MilkBeard

Japan's launch lineup is so far looking better than what we got, mainly for the delay and all. And others have speculated that Deep Down might have a beta out during that time as well. Seems like the delay had some positives.

with the way the game's looking, I'll probably put down $60 for the full thing, rather than settling for just the free PS+ version.

Snaku

Banned
Was hoping for a January release so I could get a decent amount of time into it before Second Son.

Hope the ps+ version isn't a totally neutered demo.

Apparently it's only missing a "few cars and tracks." It's also possible to Platinum the ps+ version.

with the way the game's looking, I'll probably put down $60 for the full thing, rather than settling for just the free PS+ version.

Same, though they did say there would likely be an upgrade discount from the free PS+ version.

I haven't anticipated a racing game this much in ages though. The social features and visuals are really appealing to me.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maybe release date will be announced this Saturday during VGX.

Please!

That seems likely. This game has a chance to be bigger than expected being the first real next gen game released after launch. 3 million+ PS4 owners will be hungry for content. Oh and dem graphics.

ifK8fl7n8cHp4.gif

The longer we wait the better the game will be. I will be buying it at retail even though I'm a ps+ user, really can't afford to download all those gigs.

Cubed

I really hope this is true. This has been my most anticipated PS4 title for quite some time.

I can't believe how good this game looks. Bring on locked 30 fps! As long as it's locked and the game looks as good as it does in recent videos, I'm sold!

Striek

Thought about making a new thread but nah.... first ad I've seen for the PS4 here in Australia (I don't watch a ton of TV though) is for Driveclub...alone... and its not out for months... what ze fuck.

Protome

That seems likely. This game has a chance to be bigger than expected being the first real next gen game released after launch. 3 million+ PS4 owners will be hungry for content. Oh and dem graphics.

ifK8fl7n8cHp4.gif

What's with those red lights blinking out as the car reaches them?
Is it some weird implementation of a driving line, or just a bug?

Edit: Nevermind they're still there, the motion blur at the edges of the screen just make them hard to see in the gif.

Shinta

Banned
Sooner the better. Missing out a Drive Club at launch really hurt my interest in picking up a PS4 immediately. They need games fast. There's still nothing out yet that I want to play besides Resogun.

It will come soon. But sooner the better.

nofi

Edit: Nevermind they're still there, the motion blur at the edges of the screen just make them hard to see in the gif.

They're 'cat's eyes' - that's what happens. They reflect light so as the headlights on the car passes them, they (correctly) vanish.

Dougald

Aren't they cat eyes and would light up from car headlights?

Goldrusher

Reflectors on the road.

NeoGash

They're 'cat's eyes' - that's what happens. They reflect light so as the headlights on the car passes them, they (correctly) vanish.

Exactly what I was thinking. It is no bug, it is actually very impressive. The first thing I thought when I saw that was 'wow'. Looks so damn good, it has just kept looking better and better since its reveal.

synce

I see on that list the new Dream Club is a PS4 launch title, which is a surprise to me... but why isn't the new Yakuza on there? Something's off

Sounds great. I'm probably getting a ps4 at infamous SS' launch, so if there's another game on shelves, brilliant.

For people that think this has potential to do really well, as in better than normal racer sales, because everyone will be chomping at the bit for a new game, how do we think the ps+ version will impact that? I see where it might do better than normal due to timing, but I also see where sales might be very limited to only the racing enthusiasts, since anyone else will get the ps+ version, which they probably have for online multi.

Top Bottom