• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DriveClub coming February 22nd?

Elvick

Banned
Sounds great. I'm probably getting a ps4 at infamous SS' launch, so if there's another game on shelves, brilliant.

For people that think this has potential to do really well, as in better than normal racer sales, because everyone will be chomping at the bit for a new game, how do we think the ps+ version will impact that? I see where it might do better than normal due to timing, but I also see where sales might be very limited to only the racing enthusiasts, since anyone else will get the ps+ version, which they probably have for online multi.
I think they're more focused on revenue in general for DriveClub, rather than pure software sales.

As long as the extra stuff for the PS+ version is reasonably priced, it should do well. Assuming the game is good. Personally, I'm buying it outright on disc.

wapplew

I see on that list the new Dream Club is a PS4 launch title, which is a surprise to me... but why isn't the new Yakuza on there? Something's off

There are 2 pages of list, I just screen grab one of it. Yakuza is the launch title.
1tqyQa2.png

New Strider also a Japan launch title.

Another note, Japan PS plus free games are Resogun and 15 days free play Killzone SF, not Driveclub plus edition.
I can be wrong because I don't know Japanese, anyone good with Japanese, please translate.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41331456
at 23 minutes mark.

synce

Lol it gets worse each region.

NA- 30 days PS+.

EUR- 14 days PS+

JAP- 15 days PS+ if you buy something.

Actually Japan gets 3 months free with console, and a 15-day code with some games.The 3 month thing is while supplies last though

And happy to see Yakuza wasn't delayed

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not necessarily.

MotorStorm was released in Japan on December 14, 2006 .

The rest of the world had to wait 3 more months.
Indeed, but the Japanese version was incomplete. I imported that one myself knowing that, of course, but it's definitely important to know that the US and EU versions of Motorstorm offered a lot of additional functionality.

Top Bottom