• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

PDogg

Neo Member
Amazing dedication Shannow, thanks, this must be a proper headache to manage.

Apologies for my 1 event strategy, I just don't have the time to spend on both so better to do what I'm best at :)

I just use standard handling, I think that's why you beat me with the barge, AT ;)

Apologies for my 1 event strategy, I just don't have the time to spend on both so better to do what I'm best at :)

I just use standard handling, I think that's why you beat me with the barge, AT ;)

I agree, I'm thankful that Shannow keeps these going and keeps the community still battling in a game that never really took off as much as it could have. I think the nature of the races and tracks just didn't lend itself to organised racing like GT/PCars did/does. I really hope that once GT:Sport drops we get a lot of the racers here picking it up and we can maybe organise a league through that too for weekend/evening racing.

Auctopus

I'm really sorry to all the cool people sending me challenges, I just haven't really had time to play the new tracks yet.

Your ghosts will be raced eventually and your records shattered.

I agree, I'm thankful that Shannow keeps these going and keeps the community still battling in a game that never really took off as much as it could have. I think the nature of the races and tracks just didn't lend itself to organised racing like GT/PCars did/does. I really hope that once GT:Sport drops we get a lot of the racers here picking it up and we can maybe organise a league through that too for weekend/evening racing.

Cheers guys :) TBH the weekly challenge thing really isn't that much of a hassle to run, it was the rallies where I was checking scores on 7 tracks every night that wore me out!

As for organised races, I'd love to give that a go (in VR of course) but there just wasn't the interest when I've tried before. I have been thinking about doing something along those lines, even if it's just to get some good clean racers on once a week for a private server sesh - there's a few non gaffers I've met online who might be interested so I'll keep you posted.

Speaking of which, would anyone object to me inviting selected non gaffers into our weekly competition? Jbrookes is a non gaffer who currently takes part, he's been doing the various competitions with us for some time now.

Any idea's for what you would like to see next on the weekly challenges? Keep doing the new urban tracks but different configurations to what we've already done? Is the current format of using the same car / track combinations for both events working for you?

Cheers guys :) TBH the weekly challenge thing really isn't that much of a hassle to run, it was the rallies where I was checking scores on 7 tracks every night that wore me out!

As for organised races, I'd love to give that a go (in VR of course) but there just wasn't the interest when I've tried before. I have been thinking about doing something along those lines, even if it's just to get some good clean racers on once a week for a private server sesh - there's a few non gaffers I've met online who might be interested so I'll keep you posted.

Speaking of which, would anyone object to me inviting selected non gaffers into our weekly competition? Jbrookes is a non gaffer who currently takes part, he's been doing the various competitions with us for some time now.

Any idea's for what you would like to see next on the weekly challenges? Keep doing the new urban tracks but different configurations to what we've already done? Is the current format of using the same car / track combinations for both events working for you?

I'm up for evening sessions, my daughter goes to bed around 8-8.30 and my girlfriend not long after haha! I've also no objection to non-gaffers taking part, the more the merrier really.

As for going forward, I like the idea of the same car combo going on, works well as you only have to learn the one car when flicking between challenges.

F-Pina

No objections here for inviting a friend that will compete every week :)

As for the format, I like it. Puting in races or anything bigger would ruin the fun of trying to beat the times or scores in short burts during the week.
Maybe just ask to finish at 24h00 on Mondays? I get home from work late and it's impossible to compete when it ends at 20h00

Sirenty

Invite anyone. More the merrier.

I also like the change to points instead of cumulative time or fame. Makes it more fair, I think.

Thanks for the feedback lads :)

At the mo we only have 5 entries on the drift event and 4 on the time trial (+ the VR ones I can't check) so make sure you get your runs in before the deadline which is approximately 9pm on Monday. I'll finish them a bit later in future.

Denur

Thanks for the feedback lads :)

At the mo we only have 5 entries on the drift event and 4 on the time trial (+ the VR ones I can't check) so make sure you get your runs in before the deadline which is approximately 9pm on Monday. I'll finish them a bit later in future.
Put in some effort with the VR challenges. Still some work to be done. The past fortnight the head tracking was erratic, but switching off the PS4, i.s.o. going to standby mode, fixed it. Grrrr

Put in some effort with the VR challenges. Still some work to be done. The past fortnight the head tracking was erratic, but switching off the PS4, i.s.o. going to standby mode, fixed it. Grrrr

Yeah I've got into the habit of doing that pretty much every night now where before it lived in standby mode. Hopefully they'll sort it with the next firmware update. Driveclub was never that bad for me but tracking the move controls in rush of blood got that bad it was unplayable.

Denur

Yeah I've got into the habit of doing that pretty much every night now where before it lived in standby mode. Hopefully they'll sort it with the next firmware update. Driveclub was never that bad for me but tracking the move controls in rush of blood got that bad it was unplayable.
I'm glad there is an easy solution anyway. And it's probably the most given tip by any help-desk: "Did you try turning off and on the system?" :D

Productive evening, jumped from 7th to 3rd on TT and managed to grab top spot for now in the drift.

Don't suppose that will end up being the final standings though.

Productive evening, jumped from 7th to 3rd on TT and managed to grab top spot for now in the drift.

Don't suppose that will end up being the final standings though.

Less than 2 hours to go and you're in 2nd and 4th so still looking good bud! Ainsz is languishing down in 5th on the drift but is still holding the time trial lead at the moment, can Sirenty still pull it out of the bag? ;-)

Screenshot_2016_12_05_21_32_06.png

Screenshot_2016_12_05_21_33_07.png

Wow! Sirenty showed what he's capable of this week with an untouchable time trial and drift score to claim the first double win of the competition and the overall win. Ainsz kept battling away to reclain the time trial when he mightve been better switching to the drift as that 6th place really hurt him. Great third place from Mr Trolley with another couple of good results.

I'll be sending the new competitions challenges out later tonight, and we have some new faces to appear so the competition should be even greater for this one :) Well done Sirenty and thank you to everyone for taking part.

Less than 2 hours to go and you're in 2nd and 4th so still looking good bud! Ainsz is languishing down in 5th on the drift but is still holding the time trial lead at the moment, can Sirenty still pull it out of the bag? ;-)

Yeah I was close to PDogg in the drift for a while until he them updated his score from about 8280 to 8500ish which then made it an almost impossible task for me, then out of nowhere came Sirenty!

Thanks again for doing these, will check out the new trials tonight. Had an early night for a change last night.

PDogg

Neo Member
Awesome job Sirenty, beat me on the drift event with about 5 minutes to go (I was watching it on the app) and then he topped his score yet again before time ran out. Congrats on the whitewash!

Well done everyone else especially AT who gave me a whole load of work to do over this last week!! :)

Ainsz

Congrats Sirenty.Absolutely bested me this week, could not match your pace in the TT at all. Maybe next time :p And keep up the good work Shannow !

Sirenty

Awesome job Sirenty, beat me on the drift event with about 5 minutes to go (I was watching it on the app) and then he topped his score yet again before time ran out. Congrats on the whitewash!

Well done everyone else especially AT who gave me a whole load of work to do over this last week!! :)

Thanks! I saw you were online and was nervous you were going to top it again so I kept going. You put together some awesome runs through the weeks.

I pushed the TT up twice with two hours to go, but I was so full of adrenaline afterwards that I couldn't replicate it. I saw Ainsz eating chunks out of it, so I was nail biting for the last hour.

Thanks, Shannow for another great competition. Highly appreciate the work you do.

Thanks! I saw you were online and was nervous you were going to top it again so I kept going. You put together some awesome runs through the weeks.

I pushed the TT up twice with two hours to go, but I was so full of adrenaline afterwards that I couldn't replicate it. I saw Ainsz eating chunks out of it, so I was nail biting for the last hour.

Thanks, Shannow for another great competition. Highly appreciate the work you do.

I lost count of the amount of times I would restart the TT after clipping the right hand wall at the start. Great runs though guys.

Denur

Well done Sirenty with the double win! I was able to put in more time this week than usual, but the top three is just not reachable with so much talent. :tup:

P.S. My scores were set in VR

Well done Sirenty with the double win! I was able to put in more time this week than usual, but the top three is just not reachable with so much talent. :tup:

P.S. My scores were set in VR

Whoops! Yeah I realised my mistake after I'd already posted them online, I'll update the table and see if it changes anything!

I really like the stories from people watching the results anxiously or desperately trying to beat times or scores as the clock ticked down :)

I lost count of the amount of times I would restart the TT after clipping the right hand wall at the start. Great runs though guys.

Yeah that track has some really annoying kerbs that mess you up way more than they should - I was losing a second to Sirenty through that first section, even though I was watching his ghost I still have no clue how he was so damn fast through there.

Midpoint_Standings_ch4wk1.png

Damn you Ainsz! Thought I'd put in the new fastest time in VR only to switch over to DC and find you'd gone over a second quicker!

It's looking a bit quiet on the VR side at the moment so hopefully that'll pick up later in the week, whilst the DC side is looking active with Shaolin_Shlong certainly mixing things up in his first week in the competition.

Yeah that track has some really annoying kerbs that mess you up way more than they should - I was losing a second to Sirenty through that first section, even though I was watching his ghost I still have no clue how he was so damn fast through there.

I had him in the first sector and also the two left handers, but the right hander over the rail tracks I lost time and that's what I couldn't replicate.

Midpoint_Standings_ch4wk1.png

Damn you Ainsz! Thought I'd put in the new fastest time in VR only to switch over to DC and find you'd gone over a second quicker!

It's looking a bit quiet on the VR side at the moment so hopefully that'll pick up later in the week, whilst the DC side is looking active with Shaolin_Shlong certainly mixing things up in his first week in the competition.

I'll check out the VR times as I have that car! But really need to improve my normal TT time, I'm god awful this week. Blaming the lack of 4K screen and slumming it with 1080 as it's back with Currys to repair, which they can't do so likely to get a new set.

I'll check out the VR times as I have that car! But really need to improve my normal TT time, I'm god awful this week. Blaming the lack of 4K screen and slumming it with 1080 as it's back with Currys to repair, which they can't do so likely to get a new set.

Bloody show-off! ;-) So you got your PS4 Pro now? I found this track way easier in VR, so much time to be lost or found in the chicanes at the start and end of the lap.

Bloody show-off! ;-) So you got your PS4 Pro now? I found this track way easier in VR, so much time to be lost or found in the chicanes at the start and end of the lap.

Yeah got the Pro on 26th Nov, but have the usual HDCP issues with LG sets, Currys wanted to see if they can fix it (which they clearly can't as it's firmware) but LG haven't committed to a date to fix it yet :(

Yes the first chicane is where I'm losing it, can't get back on the gas quick enough.

Last_Day_Ch4_Wk1.png

Despite the thread being a bit quiet of late, the challenge competition has been pretty busy - here's the current top ten standings for each category and remember you have until around 10.30pm tonight UK time to improve.

Ainsz has managed to find a quicker line than anyone else by a big margin in the time trial, but the 2-7 positions are all very tight so a slight improvement could gain you a lot of points.

The drift is currently being led by newcomer Fishthon, with a decent lead over Sirenty and Abandoned Trolley. Can PDogg come back from 5th position to take his usual place at the top?

Last_Day_Ch4_Wk1.png

Despite the thread being a bit quiet of late, the challenge competition has been pretty busy - here's the current top ten standings for each category and remember you have until around 10.30pm tonight UK time to improve.

Ainsz has managed to find a quicker line than anyone else by a big margin in the time trial, but the 2-7 positions are all very tight so a slight improvement could gain you a lot of points.

The drift is currently being led by newcomer Fishthon, with a decent lead over Sirenty and Abandoned Trolley. Can PDogg come back from 5th position to take his usual place at the top?

Damn not even top 10 for TT I know what I need to be doing tonight.

It's late so just gonna post these, note we'll have separate event leaderboards as well as the combined one for peeps who don't like 1 event or the other...

CH4_Week_1_Finishing_Positions.png

Ch4_Week_1_Event_Standings.png

Ch4_Week_1_Combined_Standings.png

Really impressive time trial from Ainsz was beyond Sirenty's late charge but Fishthons drift score wasn't. That first and second place has given him a 3 point lead over Ainsz who could 'only' manage 3rd in the drift. 3rd up is newcomer Shaolin_Shlong who set a lot of the early pace but was surpassed near the end.

The new challenges have been issued so let me know if you've not got them - this time it's the twin run around Ashii 2 R...

That they didn't do one the first time around makes me think there's more work involved to up the resolution in this engine :-(

Maybe......but Driveclub has garnered a reputation for it's beautifull visuals. It would be quite the showcase if they went all out in the VR PS4 pro version.

Ok guys...am i going insane or dir driveclub vr recieve a stealth patch? I noticed the following:

- there seems to be a slight brake assist even if it's turned off in the options menu
- interiour seems clearer (i can now read almost al dials
- There is a horrible blocky effect on snowy mountains in clear daylightv( mostly noticeble on norway tracks.

Strange. Or something is wrong with my ps4 as it crashed mid- game and i needed to hard-reboot the system.

Ok guys...am i going insane or dir driveclub vr recieve a stealth patch? I noticed the following:

- there seems to be a slight brake assist even if it's turned off in the options menu
- interiour seems clearer (i can now read almost al dials
- There is a horrible blocky effect on snowy mountains in clear daylightv( mostly noticeble on norway tracks.

Strange. Or something is wrong with my ps4 as it crashed mid- game and i needed to hard-reboot the system.

I'm pretty sure there's been no patch for it bud, to me the dials have always been blurry but legible and yes certain lighting conditions really accentuate the aliasing... Maybe do some comparison tests between DC and DCVR for the brake thing but I can't say I've noticed that either. I did notice that the corner penalties seem stricter on the new challenge in DC however...

I'm pretty sure there's been no patch for it bud, to me the dials have always been blurry but legible and yes certain lighting conditions really accentuate the aliasing... Maybe do some comparison tests between DC and DCVR for the brake thing but I can't say I've noticed that either. I did notice that the corner penalties seem stricter on the new challenge in DC however...

Hmmm......maybe i was paying to the surroundings. Normally i am just focussing on the road and apex but i was using the sightseeing mode for the first time. The brake thing i notoced in the Enzo. A car i'm not using that often. Will test some more.

Hmmm......maybe i was paying to the surroundings. Normally i am just focussing on the road and apex but i was using the sightseeing mode for the first time. The brake thing i notoced in the Enzo. A car i'm not using that often. Will test some more.

Time of day does make a big difference to the iq of the environment - early mornings or evenings tend to look better. Have you tried tilting your head when looking at the car in the menu's BTW? Holding your head still and straight you get lots of jaggies but if you tilt your head they get better and any movement blurs them. Not sure if this blur is the AA solution or if it's the reprojection thing. Trackmania looks a lot cleaner and sharper but it's more stylised / less realistic and there's only 1 car (and a ghost) to draw...

Hey GAF, Any chance on getting on board the weekly challenges?

PSN username is same as GAF's; Just started DCVR, but have platinumed DC.

Time of day does make a big difference to the iq of the environment - early mornings or evenings tend to look better. Have you tried tilting your head when looking at the car in the menu's BTW? Holding your head still and straight you get lots of jaggies but if you tilt your head they get better and any movement blurs them. Not sure if this blur is the AA solution or if it's the reprojection thing. Trackmania looks a lot cleaner and sharper but it's more stylised / less realistic and there's only 1 car (and a ghost) to draw...

Ok. The blocky apearence of the distant objects is gone. There was clearly something wrong but the reboot has solved this. Unfortunately i don't have a capture of this. I do however captured some of the best multiplayer sessions i had in a long time. Very close racing.....got my adranaline pumping. I will post some later on.

Ok. The blocky apearence of the distant objects is gone. There was clearly something wrong but the reboot has solved this. Unfortunately i don't have a capture of this. I do however captured some of the best multiplayer sessions i had in a long time. Very close racing.....got my adranaline pumping. I will post some later on.

Oh right, just a weird bug then!

I saw you were on last night but I think you were playing SP or I'd have joined you - Oddly enough I had some really good races last night too, just good fast clean driving (which is very unusual in DCVR - there's a lot of noobs). We must've just got lucky and had a good crowd on.

Yep.....i missed out. I'm mastering the car right now!

It's a nice handling car just a bit...slow compared to the competition! I think it was lKizzle who was talking about how much of a power deficit it had to the other hypers and it would've been brilliant in the super class but I guess they've got to draw the cutoff point somewhere and it depends which side of the line it is whether its brilliant or bad - unfortunately for the Enzo it was on the wrong side of the line.

Ainsz

Oh right, just a weird bug then!

I saw you were on last night but I think you were playing SP or I'd have joined you - Oddly enough I had some really good races last night too, just good fast clean driving (which is very unusual in DCVR - there's a lot of noobs). We must've just got lucky and had a good crowd on.

"noobs" Shannow riding high on the VR dominance xD

Also, holy shit I definitely believe the new tracks were released in an unfinished state. The first hairpin on this weeks challenge has a really nasty bug if your ride the apex the game will not only give you a corner penalty but will also decide your going the wrong way and teleport you back. Oh man I was getting pissed off. Shame there's no Evolution to shout at.

F-Pina

"noobs" Shannow riding high on the VR dominance xD

Also, holy shit I definitely believe the new tracks were released in an unfinished state. The first hairpin on this weeks challenge has a really nasty bug if your ride the apex the game will not only give you a corner penalty but will also decide your going the wrong way and teleport you back. Oh man I was getting pissed off. Shame there's no Evolution to shout at.

Yeap, the bug is really annoying. It must be that little patch of grass, the game considers that you "cheated" and cut a corner :(

I was away last week with a Comic Con event here in Portugal so I didn't compete that much. Hope to go at it again with the Renault this week :)

Top Bottom