• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

I need to pick up a PS4 soon! Are the gifs with weather ingame or are they replays and how comparable are the real races if the gifs are replays?

GIFs will be gameplay, screenshots are from Photomode with added AA, it processes it for you.

The thing is beautiful in motion and I've not even seen the weather first hand yet!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
This game should have been postponed till after the weather update. This looks AMAZING. Just imagine the review scores if DC had launched with all these updates included plus a fully working online modus.

Damn, imagine if the game had launched with this. Completely unparalleled, hopefully the game can recover from the horrible online issues and save its reputation.

OH MY GOD !! The gifs...

I haven't had the chance to download the patch yet, but tonight you bet your ass i will !!!

Crazy how my mind changed with this game, i always loved DC but was very frustrated with the issues at launch. Online now works very well and i had the chance to play many races with friends online and damn it's good !

This game is one of the most underrated games of the year, easily ! More people need to play this bad boy, it has that hook that rarely other games have.

Not only it's addictive, fun and challenging but it's looks so good ! Not sure i can handle the weather patch, judging from these gifs, it just looks unreal !!

DieH@rd

Banned
Best weather in any game.

mzeeim.gif

ahcbuh.gif

vrwgqw.gif

Hugstable

Banned
So to those already playing right now, how's the handling in the rain so far? Probably won't be able to play for like 4 hours or so, but goddamn I'm just hyped thinking how the handling is gonna be. Weather stuff was always fun to me in Gran Turismo, always felt like a new added challenge.

darkwing

So to those already playing right now, how's the handling in the rain so far? Probably won't be able to play for like 4 hours or so, but goddamn I'm just hyped thinking how the handling is gonna be. Weather stuff was always fun to me in Gran Turismo, always felt like a new added challenge.

slippery when wet

gl0w

Just tried it, it's really a step forward of everything we know. It's just amazing.

Now I just want some online lobbys with dynamic weather

MADGAME

The weather effects raised an eyebrow; what are the remaining issues with the game?

Netcode?
Lack of American automobiles?
Anything else?

I need a sexy looking racer in my life but feel I should be buying and all-around polished product. Is Driveclub there yet?

So what are the dynamic weather options? Is it just on or off, or is it more granular than that?

Like can I set a race to start off rainy or snowy and then become clear and vice versa? Can you randomize it?

How's the rain physics with cars such as the Atom, the Mono or the Cateram? There's no windshield but water should be deflected when speed is high enough. Does the game handle that?

So what are the dynamic weather options? Is it just on or off, or is it more granular than that?

Like can I set a race to start off rainy or snowy and then become clear and vice versa? Can you randomize it?

Dynamic is just on or off, but you can choose low, medium, heavy. Or no precip at all.

brau

On snowy tracks, flying snow flakes is something that's been in the game from the start.
Like dust on dusty tracks.

But it doesn't really bleed into the road no? like a drift?

Scary conditions include snow blown on to the road. It would be neat to see that added.

I swear I saw videos of slush on the ground due to falling snow on Norway.

Those videos were from months ago so things may have changed.

Top Bottom