• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Lite out in May + GBA Players Choice Lineup

Cheebs

Kotaku is reporting that Nintendo has informed them that DS Lite will launch here mid-may and a GBA Players Choice lineup of Mario Advance 2, Mario Advance 3, and M&L will be out in for 20 bucks. GoNintendo.com is also reporting they heard this from Nintendo as well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Meh, $20 is nothing. I got Mario Advance 3 and M&L for $20 each at launch. And I bet it has a ugly yellow tag :lol

JavyOO7

Wario64 said:
Meh, $20 is nothing. I got Mario Advance 3 and M&L for $20 each at launch. And I bet it has a ugly yellow tag :lol

20 dollars is okay, atleast you get to use the BB 5 bucks gift card.

Hopefully it'll have a snazzy tag, unlike the GCN greatest hits tag... :\

demi

Good, I still need to get Mario Advance 3 without the ugly hideous tag.

Help me out here Wario.

Man its been at least 2 handheld generations since I've owned a handheld (yes my last one was the original gameboy, i mightve had a gamegear). It's about time mofos!

DS Lite and M&L GET!

demi

muttyeah416 said:
Man its been at least 2 handheld generations since I've owned a handheld (yes my last one was the original gameboy, i mightve had a gamegear). It's about time mofos!

DS Lite and M&L GET!

Wow, you have a lot of great gaming to catch up on. GBA is a golden era.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Mac the KNife said:
Good thing I sold both of the DS's I have had over the years. The DS Lite is mine come may.

How many years have you owned a DS? :lol I thought it just had its first anniversary.

That said, I'm all over the Lite once it comes out, provided it doesn't attempt to fashion my hands into claws the same way the original does.

function>form.

Alright! Pokémon Ruby has slowly been sneaking up on Super Mario World as the best-selling GBA game in the US, but a Player's Choice price drop would change things. :lol

anachronous_one said:
How many years have you owned a DS? :lol I thought it just had its first anniversary.
Early adopters could have had it over the years of 2004, 2005, and 2006... though very little of the first and last.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Early adopters could have had it over the years of 2004, 2005, and 2006... though very little of the first and last.

yep.
my DS is is one year old, but seen 3 different years!!!
bizzarro!!
Import it is though for me Europe -1 Japan +1

Captain N

I'm not going to wait until may to get myself a DS Lite. I hope we get some games rereleased for the Player's Choice GBA games.

CO_Andy

Nintendo waits 6 years to give us a GBA Player's Choice? :/

I'm not complainin', but i'd make more sense to have a DS PC, wouldn't it?

i had a US import and a Canadian Import and had no dead pixels
i sold it when released in the UK and bought a UK DS and had 3 dead pixels!!!
so in my experience
import>Home Purchase!!

B.K. said:
I'm just a bit paranoid though.

Understandable. I lucked out with none, but a friend of mine has 3 or 4 dead pixels. I'm going to wait until May so I'll be able to return it more easily if I need to.

B.K. said:
I'm just a bit paranoid though.

All DS's are made in the same 3 factories in China i believe no matter where you buy them. so you're getting the same risk element. and 3 or so is accepted
Take the label off the bottom of your DS and see some Chinese scribble left on for you in pencil

B.K.

I understand that, but if I get the American version and have dead pixels, Nintendo will replace it. That's a service I can't get with an import.

Leonsito

A GBA Player's Choice lineup ... 6 years after ???

This must be a joke.. Nintendo needs a DS Player's Choice lineup, not GBA.

B.K. said:
I understand that, but if I get the American version and have dead pixels, Nintendo will replace it. That's a service I can't get with an import.

i don't know if it will be such a problem on the new screens. i haven't heard of any problems with Micro or Sp2?
unless i missed something

FoneBone

CO_Andy said:
Nintendo waits 6 years to give us a GBA Player's Choice? :/

I'm not complainin', but i'd make more sense to have a DS PC, wouldn't it?

Leonsito said:
A GBA Player's Choice lineup ... 6 years after ???

This must be a joke.. Nintendo needs a DS Player's Choice lineup, not GBA.

2006 - 2001 = 5! Math is fun!

Yeah, yeah, I'm being anal...

Great news about the re-releases. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pay ebay prices for a complete Super Mario World GBA. Although I was kind of hoping Nintendo would get into the 2 in 1 fad and give us Mario Advance 1 & 2 on one kart etc.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
argon said:
So will the current model drop to $99 in May?

No. DS already had a price drop late last year, you'll be lucky if it drops later this year at all. The japanese DS Lite will cost about $170, so I guess it will price at $150 and the original will stay at $130 in the US. There is a profit, but the hardware is not as low cost as most people think. Graphics=!hardware.

ghibli99

Cool... I wonder what other colors they'll come out with for the DSL besides white? I wouldn't mind them sticking with the same kind of anodized look that graces most SP and DS units.

ghibli99 said:
Cool... I wonder what other colors they'll come out with for the DSL besides white? I wouldn't mind them sticking with the same kind of anodized look that graces most SP and DS units.

whatever the top selling 3 colours are in Japan.
So probably Black, White and Pink.

Would like to know a break down of current DS sales by colour

Azelover said:
No. DS already had a price drop late last year, you'll be lucky if it drops later this year at all. The japanese DS Lite will cost about $170, so I guess it will price at $150 and the original will stay at $130 in the US. There is a profit, but the hardware is not as low cost as most people think. Graphics=!hardware.

Actually the DS Lite will cost about 140 Dollars in Japan.

Top Bottom