• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Lite out in May + GBA Players Choice Lineup

Memles

I'll be going with my attempt to cash in my DS Warranty and bitch enough to convince them to send me a DS Lite. Other than that, ain't worth the extra cash.

As for the GBA Player's Choice, since I already played through M&L, I don't see much of a need to pay for the other GBA ports when I will end up being able to get them for cheaper through the REV download service. Where's my Metroid: Zero Mission?

knowing NOA it will not come in White here :(

the white DS and White DS lite is so sex

mario.gif

ShowDog

jamesinclair said:
I hope that list isnt complete. Mario Kart, F-zero, Wario Ware....and 3rd party games?

Also, i was hoping for 17.99....

That's 2 dollars. Dont get a drink next time you go to Burger King. If your gonna complain about pricing, at least hold out for 14.99. Thats a 5 dollar difference, which could score you a drink AND a burger. I can understand that.

ShowDog said:
That's 2 dollars. Dont get a drink next time you go to Burger King. If your gonna complain about pricing, at least hold out for 14.99. Thats a 5 dollar difference, which could score you a drink AND a burger. I can understand that.

:lol

ShowDog said:

Well, $15 isnt really possible for cartridge pricing.

And $20 is what GC players choice cost...

So 17 sounds perfect to me.

bummyhead

jamesinclair said:
Well, $15 isnt really possible for cartridge pricing.

And $20 is what GC players choice cost...

So 17 sounds perfect to me.

i love it when people just pull random crap out of their ass and pretend they know what they are talking about.....

Meier

Woo, I've been wanting to get Mario Advance 2 for years, but absolutely refused to buy it at any price more than $20 due to its age. Wondderful news!

terrene

Banned
Would be nice if the fucking thing added texture filtering.

Oh well, I'll still get it. I'll never see my DS again now that the gf has Animal Crossing, and I've got New SMB and FF3 to play!

Jiggy

Cheebs said:
Kotaku is reporting that Nintendo has informed them that DS Lite will launch here mid-may
I'll get it if they release the white one here. Otherwise I'll wait until Pokemon D/P and get it then.
and a GBA Players Choice lineup of Mario Advance 2, Mario Advance 3, and M&L will be out in for 20 bucks.
Oh, good. Three games I would never have paid full price for, but will buy now. (Although M&L had better still come with the Nintendo registration code since I'm anal retentive about that; I'm still mad that the GBA SP/Metroid Zero Mission bundle I bought didn't have the code for MZM.)
They need to add Metroid Fusion to the list, though.

Dragmire

I thought Nintendo wouldn't come out with a handheld budget game line until Sony coerced them to with PSP Greatest Hits. I think it says a lot for GBA's future longevity as well as improved handheld strategy. Competition is good.

bummyhead said:
i love it when people just pull random crap out of their ass and pretend they know what they are talking about.....

Oh really?

Lets see:

Do GC players choice games cost $20?

Yes.

Did GBA carts cost $13 at launch, and reportedly 9 in 2003?

Yes.

Would $15 cover the cost of cartidge + shipping + profit?

No.

?

jamesinclair said:
Oh really?

Lets see:

Do GC players choice games cost $20?

Yes.

Did GBA carts cost $13 at launch, and reportedly 9 in 2003?

Yes.

Would $15 cover the cost of cartidge + shipping + profit?

No.

?

What do the carts cost 3 years later?

Tiger

Banned
I'm just about sure i'll be importing the moment they're available. :D

This thing just looks so cool that I don't think I could wait any longer than March. Impatience is a bitch.

Any word on how bright the four screen settings are? Is it DS normal lighting plus three above or something else? Is it for both screens as well?

jarrod

Banned
Media costs for an 8MB GBA cart with some flash ROM was around $5-$6 a year ago... I'm sure it's lower now.

Top Bottom