• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Screenshot thread (56k no)

HAOHMARU

I can't find a Nintendo DS Lite anywhere except Ebay. Does anybody know when they are shipping more to stores? Seems like ever since X-Mas there hasn't been any.

Magicked

HAOHMARU said:
I can't find a Nintendo DS Lite anywhere except Ebay. Does anybody know when they are shipping more to stores? Seems like ever since X-Mas there hasn't been any.

You just have to get lucky and catch it at the right time. They are still selling out around the Cincinnati area. Call around to stores everyday and see if they have any in stock.

Wollan

neopokekun said:
Disciples 2

Disciples2DS000.png
Disciples2DS001.png
Disciples2DS003.png
Disciples2DS007.png

There hasn't been any news about this in ages, I hope it's still comming out.

Sex.

Here's the title screen:

928839_20070110_screen006.jpg

Edit:
Jefklak said:
Disciples is dead guy, those are old shots, PPC studios is gone.

Why God!?

pdk27

HAOHMARU said:

Some relatives we had over on New Year's Eve broke the touch screen on my DS Lite so I had been looking for a replacment since New Year's Day. Finally found one today by random at the WalMart by my house (central Jersey). They had two of them. Extremely hard to find right now.

NZ Story looks great! One of my most favorite platformers of all time - people think I just say that cause I'm from NZ. :lol But it really is such a wicked game, have high hopes for this one despite the DS Rainbow Islands/Bub versions.

Yeah seriously, I hope it isn't buggered up like the previous 'Revolution' games. I'd buy it anyway though. :( Oh hey, first English screens of this?

SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters

screen1_large.jpg
screen2_large.jpg
screen3_large.jpg

screen4_large.jpg
screen5_large.jpg
screen6_large.jpg

screen7_large.jpg
screen8_large.jpg
screen9_large.jpg

FoxSpirit

MegaTen said:
I had no idea that Taito was making a new New Zealand Story. That's great news! :D

They don't. Or at least Rising Star Games (the European branch of Marvelous Entertainment) is publishing it in Europe.

Euro release 2nd of February

Zynx

PantherLotus said:
Dragon Ball Z Card RPG
Does this have any similarities to the SNES version or not?

And to contribute:
Pirate Battle (from the makers of Racing Gears Advance and Scurge: The Hive)

pirate_battle_worldmap.png

pb_gba02.jpg

Neo Child

Banned
It does indeed, if S-E can pump out these graphics for the DS, god knows what they can do with the Wii. Maybe make something look good on it.

ethelred

Neo Child said:
It does indeed, if S-E can pump out these graphics for the DS, god knows what they can do with the Wii. Maybe make something look good on it.

It's called Dragon Quest Swords. And it does look good (better than VIII, anyway).

I'm sure Crystal Chronicles will look quite excellent as well.

Neo Child

Banned
ethelred said:
Actually, 8ing is... with Square Enix creative oversight and a Square Enix budget.

Ah okay, fair enough.

I hope Wii gets more S-E support, I would really like to see a non-CrystalChronicles Final Fantasy game, something along the lines of Revenant Wings.

ethelred

A Link to the Snitch said:
When I heard that FFXII was supposed to be simplified, I didn't expect much. But now that I'm looking at how awesome it looks, my expectations have risen. :)

I think they wanted to make the game very accessable... not necessarily simplistic. Certainly from what's gradually being revealed on the game, it doesn't seem to have lost anything in the gameplay department while it's adding a whole lot to increase the depth even further.

And the visuals are just wow. Square Enix is putting some serious, major effort into this one. I'm majorly sold and hyped on both the visuals and the gameplay... I just hope the story turns out well, too.

can someone tell me a bit more about dragon quest monsters joker.
is it a story driven rpg, or do you just run around catching monsters for tournaments?

ethelred

cank stoochie said:
can someone tell me a bit more about dragon quest monsters joker.
is it a story driven rpg, or do you just run around catching monsters for tournaments?

The DQM games have some story... more than Pokemon, anyway. But they're not on the same level as, say, a standard DQ game (1 - 9 and Swords).

Most of it is capturing monsters, breeding monsters, and battling to create stronger teams. There's, however, a ton of depth and fun to the gameplay, in terms of the number of monsters in the game, the skills they have, what you can do by combining monsters together.

The games are traditional RPGs; battles take place in standard turn-based format where you have a party and you select their actions from a menu.

Anything else you're curious on?

ethelred said:
The DQM games have some story... more than Pokemon, anyway. But they're not on the same level as, say, a standard DQ game (1 - 9 and Swords).

Most of it is capturing monsters, breeding monsters, and battling to create stronger teams. There's, however, a ton of depth and fun to the gameplay, in terms of the number of monsters in the game, the skills they have, what you can do by combining monsters together.

The games are traditional RPGs; battles take place in standard turn-based format where you have a party and you select their actions from a menu.

Anything else you're curious on?
thanks. i think i'll skip on this one and get dragon quest ix instead. i didnt really like the monster catching version of viii so i doubt i'll like this one.

cank stoochie said:
thanks. i think i'll skip on this one and get dragon quest ix instead. i didnt really like the monster catching version of viii so i doubt i'll like this one.

I dunno if you can compare monster catching from VIII to an indepth game of it.

ethelred

cank stoochie said:

Well, it's not quite like the monster stuff in VIII, since that lacks the breding element and the level of control you have in DQM... DQM is much more comparable (though still not precisely identical) to what you have in DQV.

Either way, if you really dislike the monster stuff in the main DQ games, then yes, you probably won't like DQM too much since DQM is like a fleshed out version of it. At least DQIX is coming, too, though, like you said.

Linkzg said:
FFXIIRW looks really nice, im hoping FFTA2 looks similar if not better than that.

Same. FFXII: Revenant Wings reminds me to an insane degree of FFT, in terms of its visuals -- great looking sprites on top of awesome 3D backgrounds. I'd love if FFT A2 looks that way as well.

I still consider FFT to be a truly gorgeous game.

Why do they lie to us?
http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/previews/preview.pl?sys=nds&game=warlords
Warlords DS is an eight player turn-based game of conquest and empire. Different worlds provide a stage for the player to excel in combat. In the quest for final victory, gamers can assemble vast armies, conquer and loot mighty cities, undertake perilous quests, make and break alliances, and wield magical artifacts of great power. Although economics, diplomacy, and exploration weigh heavily in the outcome of each game, the primary emphasis is placed on combat.
Features:

Exceptional graphics and sound provide deep immersion into the game world

6a.jpg
5a.jpg

Zynx said:
Does this have any similarities to the SNES version or not?

And to contribute:
Pirate Battle (from the makers of Racing Gears Advance and Scurge: The Hive)

pirate_battle_worldmap.png

pb_gba02.jpg

That screenshot oozes happiness.

I just feel happy looking at how nice the art style is. Especially the top screen ^_^

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Panzer Tactics DS

Publisher/Developer: CDV Software/10Tacle Studios/Sproing/

Release Date: March 2007(Tentative)

panzers-tactics-20060905043258379.jpg

panzers-tactics-20060905043259113.jpg

panzers-tactics-20060905043259535.jpg

panzers-tactics-20060905043300020.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060801093324762.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060801093324762.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060801093325824.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060801093326293.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060713081629306.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060713081629853.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060713081630

panzer-tactics-ds-20060713081630868.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060713081631368.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060713081631978.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060713081632462.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060713081632977.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060623033512440.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060623033513174.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060623033513596.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060623033514018.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060623033514518.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060623033514924.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060510094115964.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060510094116901.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060510094117261.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060510094117651.jpg

panzer-tactics-ds-20060510094118167.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Chris Michael said:
Wow, they made DKKOS DS look a lot like the DKC games. Before it looked like a GBA port.

I guess there is no use hoping for the old art style to return.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Thanks Shard for taking care of the thread while I was away, but jesus hell you destroyed my mouse wheel! If you put only a space rather than a return between each screen everyone's browser will space them out automatically.

Also, I collected a shit-ton of screens over the past two weeks. Bear with me as I post them all.

*and the index has been updated*

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Heroes of Mana

I bought Children of Mana so that pretty much means I have to purchase this as well. Anybody wondering how the system will handle that many sprites on the screen at the same time? Hopefully no flicker.

img10074000458ss.JPG

scr_023.jpg
scr_024.jpg
scr_025.jpg
scr_026.jpg
h-104_65307_s01.jpg.jpg
h-104_65307_s02.jpg.jpg
h-104_65307_s03.jpg.jpg
h-104_65307_s04.jpg.jpg

ethelred

PantherLotus said:
Heroes of Mana

I bought Children of Mana so that pretty much means I have to purchase this as well. Anybody wondering how the system will handle that many sprites on the screen at the same time? Hopefully no flicker.

The videos of the game don't show any flickering -- the sprites all move and animate extremely fluidly, despite the large number of them on the screen. Really looks incredible in motion... well, looks incredible overall, really (loving Shimomura's music, love the tie-ins to SD3 and the really cool anime cutscenes and the seemingly stronger emphasis on the Mana storyline, love the look of the gameplay, etc.).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Etrian Odyssey

I am going to hype this game to no end. It looks freaking awesome, has amazing artwork, and looks like it has some fantastic dungeons.

scr_011.jpg
scr_012.jpg
scr_013.jpg
scr_014.jpg
scr_015.jpg

Top Bottom