• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense is Now Highest Liked Gaming Tweet Ever

PlayStation being a worldwide brand its not surprising why it gets a lot of attention judging from the likes and retweets. Maybe people thought the new Xbox Series X controller is just and upgraded version of Xbox One.

Like I mentioned earlier the Series X controller was already shown in multiple other capacities, it was literally shown with the system reveal. The above and what Sony posted is the first anyone has seen of their controller, and they're drip feeding so people are thirsty for literally anything they can get. Sony is a larger brand on the world stage, absolutely, but the situations are not the same.

ZywyPL

Banned
Just like Sales doesn't matter anymore only MAU right?

For me, the end consumer? I absolutely couldn't care less about how much big corporates earn, what matters for me is what bang for the buck I am getting, be it consoles, PC, smartphones, TVs, cars, and so on. But go ahead, you kids can use whatever arguments possible to fight your wars over those plastic boxes, whatever suits your agenda.

What are you taking about? The console reveal, assuming that you're talking about The Road to PS5, has over 13 million views, which is way more than all of the views and likes that anything related to the XSX has gotten.

Furthermore, the console hasn't even been fully revealed yet; whatever medium through which it will be revealed will garner even more views/ likes.

Yeah, I saw those 13MLN people spamming "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" on chat during entire hour. But hey, they might be the part of that secret Xbox Discord channel and their FUD agenda, we will never know. We sure don't know how the console physically looks like, but we know what's inside it, and that's what matters the most at least for me, so as always pricing will be crucial.

Here is someone's take on it on how it would look in gray/black:

Make the right side buttons also glow blue and we have a winner. Fantastic concept, especially the fully backlit lightbar.

Last edited:

CJY

Banned
PlayStation being a worldwide brand its not surprising why it gets a lot of attention judging from the likes and retweets. Maybe people thought the new Xbox Series X controller is just and upgraded version of Xbox One.

Wow, the XSX controller looks very last gen compared to the DualSense. It's not really that surprising when it'll literally be a last-gen controller just with the added share button.

I don't love the look the DualSense so far, but it looks super comfortable, futuristic and sleek. Haptics is an amazing feature if it's strong enough. Everything feels a generation ahead with PS5. It absolute breeds confidence in me knowing they could redesign the iconic DualShock so effortlessly. The console and games are going to blow minds.

Varny

Banned
Wow, the XSX controller looks very last gen compared to the DualSense. It's not really that surprising when it'll literally be a last-gen controller just with the added share button.

I don't love the look the DualSense so far, but it looks super comfortable, futuristic and sleek. Haptics is an amazing feature if it's strong enough. Everything feels a generation ahead with PS5. It absolute breeds confidence in me knowing they could redesign the iconic DualShock so effortlessly. The console and games are going to blow minds.

wtf did I just read? Are you working for Sony Marketing? lol "super comfortable" xD You didn't even touch that controller, what are you talking about?
And what and how are those features going to be used anyways? Like the touchpad, so never by 99% of the games?
I'd rather have better battery life than all those gimmicks.

FranXico

Xbox shouldn’t have tweeted their controller pic a minute later. They don’t want PS to have a second in the spotlight and that’s pathetic, which needn’t be since that have an awesome product on their hands.
It says a lot more about MS than it does about Sony if you ask me.

CJY

Banned
Oh, this was glorious:

I'm obviously a big PlayStation fan and even I said it was boring and shit because it wasn't what I or anybody expected.

Am I glad it exists though? Oh hell yeah... on subsequent watches it has blown my mind repeatedly.

Downloaded it in HD so I don't have to waste bandwidth to watch it again. Cerny is a bit creepy, but he's a distillation and culmination of 25 years of PlayStation and he's been in the industry since almost the very beginning.

I can't wait for The Road to PS6.

CJY

Banned
wtf did I just read? Are you working for Sony Marketing? lol "super comfortable" xD You didn't even touch that controller, what are you talking about?
And what and how are those features going to be used anyways? Like the touchpad, so never by 99% of the games?
I'd rather have better battery life than all those gimmicks.
I said "looks" super comfortable. I didn't say I've used one. Ever see something that looks comfortable and appealing and makes you wanna try it and hold? No? Then you're missing out.

Edit: XBone's controller is actually super comfy to hold... more so than DS4 to be honest, and DualSense looks quite similar to it. I also trust Sony. Is it so weird that I trust they're going make a comfortable controller? it's so weird that you feel I have to qualify my words just because I haven't touched it. So much insecurity.

Edit2: For example, the angled shoulder buttons would definitely be more comfortable to use. The thicker grips. The apparent texture of the surface. The way the dpad and buttons conform to the flow of the face versus being on their own planes. The increased distance between the sticks. All things I can see with my eyes that I know will make it more comfortable than DS4, and that already suits me very well.

Last edited:
It says a lot more about MS than it does about Sony if you ask me.

Xbox shouldn’t have tweeted their controller pic a minute later. They don’t want PS to have a second in the spotlight and that’s pathetic, which needn’t be since that have an awesome product on their hands.
Oh yeah? You want to go there?

Microsoft releases the entire technical breakdown on their console and shows all the benefits and explains how it works, and what happens the next day? Sony holds a board meeting doing effectively the same thing.

Since that meeting Sony hasn't said anything, it's been 21 days, and then what happens? Microsoft announces they're going to hold their Inside Xbox show where they further talk about details of Series X and then what happens right after that? Sony releases a bunch of social media about their controller.

Microsoft is pathetic? Okay then.

Entroyp

Microsoft releases the entire technical breakdown on their console and shows all the benefits and explains how it works, and what happens the next day? Sony holds a board meeting doing effectively the same thing.

Since that meeting Sony hasn't said anything, it's been 21 days, and then what happens? Microsoft announces they're going to hold their Inside Xbox show where they further talk about details of Series X and then what happens right after that? Sony releases a bunch of social media about their controller.

Nuance my friend..,I’m talking only about the tweet.. nothing more. MS has been doing an excellent job overall with the XsX. They just look like a old and sad attention whore by trying to get all the attention all the time.

Nuance my friend..,I’m talking only about the tweet.. nothing more. MS has been doing an excellent job overall with the XsX. They just look like a old and sad attention whore by trying to get all the attention all the time.
And yet you see this as a problem for them and they're pathetic, but what I laid out for Sony is not. Right.....

Grinchy

Banned

Man, you have been on an absolute tear lately.

You really seem to take all of this console war stuff extremely personally. Like to a worrisome degree. It's fine to prefer Xbox over Playstation, but damn dude, it's almost getting scary.

My god .how much do you love MS to put yourself in such state of stress and constant damage control mode?like you have to respond and damage control anyone talking here . Its not healthy bud. But you do you.
Man, you have been on an absolute tear lately.

You really seem to take all of this console war stuff extremely personally. Like to a worrisome degree. It's fine to prefer Xbox over Playstation, but damn dude, it's almost getting scary.
Shit just needs to make sense, that's all. Doublethink doesn't fly with me, especially when it's being leveraged incorrectly and the same things you're admonishing are being done equally or to a greater degree by the other side.

It's fake news, it needs to be shot down.

Entroyp

And yet you see this as a problem for them and they're pathetic, but what I laid out for Sony is not. Right.....

You are a bit dense aren’t you? Yes I’m excited about the controller which this thread is about, and how MS needlessly looking like a desperate 16 year old thirsty for attention. There’s plenty to criticize Sony about the PS5 but there’s a lot of threads around to do that. Also I don’t have a single reason to shill MS 24/7.

Shit just needs to make sense, that's all. Doublethink doesn't fly with me, especially when it's being leveraged incorrectly and the same things you're admonishing are being done equally or to a greater degree by the other side.

If you are so worried about fake news why were you pushing the ps5 heating issues in the other thread where it was from a youtube comment and a fanboy and was false ? Double standards much ? Or just warrior ? Keep the same energy dude .

SleepDoctor

Banned
I knew this thread wouldn't disappoint. Quite pathetic this behavior is elicited from "grown" men over plastic but entertaining to say the least.

If you are so worried about fake news why were you pushing the ps5 heating issues in the other thread where it was from a youtube comment and a fanboy and was false ? Double standards much ? Or just warrior ? Keep the same energy dude .
Because the induction of logic suggests that while it's not confirmed it does in fact make sense given the operating parameters of the system and the lack of it being shown. If it were happening that's a very logical reason as to why it's not.

Grinchy

Banned

Honestly man, go back through your own post history. Look at how extreme you've been lately. It's all just videogames in the end, brother!

Elios83

Playstation is a huge and global brand, everyone is thirsty for PS5 related news and they honestly did an amazing job on the DualSense controller so this simply makes sense.
The console teardown video Cerny promised will be amazing, hopefully it's coming in a few weeks.
And then it's about games, new interface, OS and its features.

Honestly man, go back through your own post history. Look at how extreme you've been lately. It's all just videogames in the end, brother!
I've been quarantined for the last 13 days, if I'm getting a bit heavy trust me there's a very rational reason.

brian0057

Banned
That controller looks great.
A magnificent way to play the zero fucking games you've convinced me to buy, Sony.

Because the induction of logic suggests that while it's not confirmed it does in fact make sense given the operating parameters of the system and the lack of it being shown. If it were happening that's a very logical reason as to why it's not.
No it doesn't. Sony has designed this console for 4 years knowing the tempreture. How can they all of a sudden not be able to cool it down? Makes zero sense.

You just want excuses with your xbox discord buddies to spread fud for ps5 and get upset when any positive news comes out for ps5.

Pathetic really but it is what it is. Enjoy the fight warrior .

CJY

Banned
For real, MS would have to bundle the Elite controller to look comparable.

I'm not sure about that! :p

Elite is a very expensive controller that was designed for a small market. DualSense is designed to be super mass market, so they were created with different goals in mind. I see what you're saying though. The standard Xbox controller looks ridiculously pedestrian compared to DualSense.

I have a feeling Xbox's lack of innovation in this area will bite them next gen. In a recession, I think most average people don't need "more of the same" for luxury items. There must be some progression in thinking/philosophy/benefit or new/better. The controller is simply the primary interaction one has with a console. It's the only thing we touch daily, so its importance cannot be underestimated.

XSX's controller will literally be last gen. PS5 controller is new and exciting.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This console war stuff is starting to feel very Road Runner vs Wile. E. Coyote at the moment.

Xbox of course is Wile. E. with a mountain of Acme rockets strapped to his back. So much power he cannot help but out-run his prey.

Meanwhile Sony just does the occasional meep meep and vanishes into the distance.

ZywyPL

Banned
fud or not for the PS5

SomeClearcutAsianelephant-small.gif

giphy.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist ;p

As funny as DynamiteCop! DynamiteCop! freaking out and going on Xbox damage control whenever people say good things about PlayStation, he's starting to derail s lot of threads.
I'm not derailing anything, I'm staying completely on topic. You guys can't control yourselves and make everything about me, not the content or anything I say relative to the topic, you make it about me because you hate a dissenting viewpoint that doesn't fall in line with your thinking.

You derail threads, not me.

Last edited:
We've already been through this...
Like I mentioned earlier the Series X controller was already shown in multiple other capacities, it was literally shown with the system reveal. The above and what Sony posted is the first anyone has seen of their controller, and they're drip feeding so people are thirsty for literally anything they can get. Sony is a larger brand on the world stage, absolutely, but the situations are not the same.

more likes, so? What can you "buy" from that?

I thought only GAMES matter, now likes on twitter matter more? XD
And likes are more important than TFLOPs, right?
Games do matter . That why we are getting last of us 2 , ff7remake ,Ghost of tsushima , nioh 2 etc... . Ofcourse I m also very excited for bleeding edge , grounded and battle toads 😬😬👀

Last edited:

GymWolf

to be fair the xone pad was superior in almost all the aspects compared to ds4, they don't need to change that much compared to sony and if the "massive" use of the touchpad on ds4 from devs during this gen is anything to go by, it's not really a revolution feature on ds5 neither, same for the haptic triggers already present in xone pad if i remember well.

Last edited:

CJY

Banned

Whoever does MS's marketing is amazing. Ever since the reveal of the console at TGA, I've been consistently blown away by the execution.

However, while it looks superb upon initial impact, I've also consistently been left wanting in terms of substance and lasting impression.

That feeling actually perfectly encapsulates my feelings every time I buy an Xbox. I feel so excited to get it, but within hours I experience strong buyer's remorse.

Last edited:

Fake

Kinda expected this level of reaction. Now, for some users here in the other hand, they got salty so easily. Is jist a tweet kids. Xbox seX controller get a decent likes too.

Now, can't wait to put my hands on Dualsense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom