• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense is Now Highest Liked Gaming Tweet Ever

Shakka43

Lol.yea we can see from the social engagement how Phil stopped the hype. Hitting record engagement numbers .Good job Phil 😂😂😂
You are just not trusting the plan

nQvXrCv.png

Have a little more faith.

This isn't like the closet Trump supporters. This is like the enthusiasm gap. Trump was filling arenas while Hillary couldn't fill a high school gym.

skneogaf

Sony PlayStation is a similar product to the iPhone in my eyes as people just absolutely love it.

Sony didn't need to design such a cool sounding device for their customers to buy it as I'm quite confident just a standard 9.2 teraflop system would of got the same amount of sales with or without the new idea of frequency and power etc

The xbox will need to be much better this coming generation to match the playstation as people have already decided it seems.

Kagero

I'm actually perplexed as well, but it's good for Sony I guess. Hope they have their shit together as far as the console itself.

Rat Rage

So what? Twitter users "like" all kinds of shit all the time. Mostly superficial, shiny things.

I don't know why people get hyped for a damn controller just from the looks of it.

Time will tell how the build quality is, because that's the most important thing, and after Sony fucked up with the Dual Shock 4, they have a lot to prove.

aclar00

That's great I guess, but I'm disappointed in the controller. The dpad and analog sticks need to switch positions. The controller looks much the same as the ps4 controller aside from aesthetics. In fact, it looks very tacky.

I appear to be in the minority, but i dont care for the Xbox's asymmetrical thumbsticks. Much prefer Playstation's.

Vawn

Banned
Man, I remember hearing about Sony's video game console for the first time. After seeing Phillips and Panasonic fail hard I would have bet anything Sony's would fail before it ever got started.

Little did I know. The PlayStation went on to sell over a 100 million and things have only gotten better since then. Now, they are the biggest name in all of gaming and even the smallest information about their latest console sets the Internet on fire.

Man, I remember hearing about Sony's video game console for the first time. After seeing Phillips and Panasonic fail hard I would have bet anything Sony's would fail before it ever got started.

Little did I know. The PlayStation went on to sell over a 100 million and things have only gotten better since then. Now, they are the biggest name in all of gaming and even the smallest information about their latest console sets the Internet on fire.
They deserve all the praise.

PocoJoe

Banned
I appear to be in the minority, but i dont care for the Xbox's asymmetrical thumbsticks. Much prefer Playstation's.

"Minority" of +500million or how many Playstations have sold.

Asymmetrical sticks are just stupid and unergonomic. Fanboys just cant admit it I think. Or are too stubborn to get used to what relaxed hands + thumbs feel like after years of weird grip

I never understood why some claim xbox style to be better, when symmetrical for "symmetrical hands" is obviously the better choise.

Funny how some xbots have nerve to demand stick placement change haha.

Last edited:

Life

Keeping a track of number records like this is kinda meh. The gaming population will obviously keep growing as kids get older and stop playing with teddies, and eventually hop on to twitter for comfort. In other words, as long as the records are not proportinate to teh gaming populace before it, it's not really a legit record breaker.

I hope MS reveal more things. Every time they do, Sony just releases something, the logo, the GDC vid, and now the controller, and suck up all the oxygen and attention in the room.

How's that plan working out for ya?

As soon as I saw the PS5 controller I was thinking it looks more like an Xbox controller but they’re still too stubborn to do offset, concave sticks, which kills everything about it for me, it's still gonna be uncomfortable having to force my left thumb down on the Analog while playing most games. It's getting so much love because it does look sexy as F*CK!!! Sony did a great job with the color scheme and aesthetic look of it, very futuristic and pleasing to the eye.

Last edited:
Playstation is such a strong brand. No amount of FUD can stop it.

The only one that can stop it is Sony itself.

Exactly, any company at any time can derail themselves. PS2 sold 155 Million units, the Original Xbox sold ONLY 24 Million!

One Generation later Xbox 360 hade over 3 Million more units sold in 2014. PS3 ended up selling a tad more in the end, only cause Sony kept the PS3 on the shelves over a year longer then MS did with the 360. Point being, in Nov 2013 when the 8 yr console war ended between Sony & MS, MS won it!!! Anyone can win this Gen, we have NO idea what MS has up their sleeves this gen with the games coming from the studio's they purchased yet!

"As of last report, from June 2014, Xbox One was sitting at 84 million units sold.

"PlayStation 3: A Sony press release reported 80 million sold as of November 2, 2013. 3.4 million were shipped in 2014 and 0.4 million in the first quarter of 2014".

Last edited:
Many reasons like more budget for PS division to make more games I like etc.. .and no I don't have .
Sony makes so much money that they couldn't keep the lights on for Evolution,Liver pool,Zipper and many more studios. I guess they also didnt bother to care about saving the vita or capitalizing on more JP games so the ps4 stays relevant in japan. I guess paying for Cod ads, Fortnight skins and 2k and madden ads is for the players.

Why do people need to resort to personal insults over a god damn piece of plastic.
Jesus.

Sony seems to be generating massive hype and interest with minimal fuss. A logo and controller generating this much interest leads me to believe that PS5 blowout is going to be biblical.

Looking forward to the HDMI cable reveal next 😜
maybe people are displeased with what they have shown I know crazy thought right going against the popular mentality

Sw0pDiller

to be fair the xone pad was superior in almost all the aspects compared to ds4, they don't need to change that much compared to sony and if the "massive" use of the touchpad on ds4 from devs during this gen is anything to go by, it's not really a revolution feature on ds5 neither, same for the haptic triggers already present in xone pad if i remember well.
I really liked that almost all devs used the touchpad the go to button for map display. It was a no brainier and very handy. Maybe now the "soon to be" new market leader also has haptic feedback on this controller, dev will make more use of the possibility on the nextbox controller to. This dualsense is good news for Xbox owners too.

NeoGeoAES

Banned
In 13 hours Dualsense has been able to become the most liked gaming tweet ever which is staggering in showing the excitement .

1-DualSense controller reveal(275k)

2-Fortnite Chapter 2 Black Hole event (235k)

3-PS5 holiday 2020 (213k)

Congrats to dualsense for breaking record in 13 hours . It looks futuristic and premium. Hot stuff 🔥

Well Done sony

PlayStation 💪💪💪💥💥💥

Tamy

Banned
wait.. so, only 88K retweets and only 300K likes? And this is the highest gaming tweet ever? Seems kinda low?

I mean this random video from a random guy:

has 3 million likes?!

I thought gaming was much much bigger than that! but still great for sony of course, but I thought its much bigger. weird.
Especially since now more people are home in front of their pc than EVER.

wait.. so, only 88K retweets and only 300K likes? And this is the highest gaming tweet ever? Seems kinda low?

I mean this random video from a random guy:

has 3 million likes?!

I thought gaming was much much bigger than that! but still great for sony of course, but I thought its much bigger. weird.
Especially since now more people are home in front of their pc than EVER.

Well lots of gamers are not on twitter including myself haha. Twitter is really popular in few markets when I was looking at market penetration .

Top Bottom