• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualShock 4 Now Works Wirelessly With PS3

I hope this means that they're one step closer to giving it official support on PS3 so it's no longer recognized as a third-party controller.

EmpReb

Banned
Welp Last of Us will be finshed with the DS4. And I might join my friend online since I did ok fps back when they had 360's (PC fps player here) and Desinty will be played on the PS3 too. Sorry but PS4 just quite there yet. Pushing point is Bloodbourne or Uncharted 4 release date.

Now, if they won't make my Hori v3 RAP stick compatible with PS4 for the time Guilty Gear launches, I will be severely pissed off.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

theytookourjobz

Was using my DS4 on my PS3 to finish up the last few last gen games before I got rid of PS360 and switched to next gen completely. The controller worked great for Dark Souls 2 and South Park but it had to be wired obviously. And the PS button didn't work so I had to have a DS3 handy to access the XMB. And it seems like that is still the case. That combined with the fact you have to plug it in via USB first makes this a cool feature but not a "megaton". lol.

jkh33

I had to the share and PS button thing and unplugged the micro USB cable while the PS3 does the scan for devices thing.

Got it to work finally. The instructions skipped a step. Right before scanning, unplug the DS4. That worked for me! It shows up as "Human interface Device" lol

I wonder if this will somehow fix controller compatibility for some games. Kingdom hearts 1.5 for example. Moving sora a certain direction causes him to walk instead of run on wired ds4.

It would be great if it did, but I'm not expecting it to. I'll try it with GTAV tonight and see how we get on.

What about games that use the pressure sensitive buttons?

You mean all, like, two of them?!

Got it to work finally. The instructions skipped a step. Right before scanning, unplug the DS4. That worked for me! It shows up as "Human interface Device" lol

So:

• Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
  • Go to Accessory settings.
  • Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, then unplug and scan for device.
  • While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
  • Select Wireless Controller. The DS4 light should now be white.
  • Unplug wire and test it out.

?

I'll give it a try when I get home.

Top Bottom