• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualShock 4 Now Works Wirelessly With PS3

So:

• Connect DS4 with wire to PS3 then turn on.
  • Go to Accessory settings.
  • Select Manage Bluetooth Devices, then unplug and scan for device.
  • While scanning hold the PS & Share buttons on the DS4.
  • Select Wireless Controller. The DS4 light should now be white.
  • Unplug wire and test it out.

?

I'll give it a try when I get home.

Yes, this is correct

onQ123

Maybe this is a hint that soon you will be able to play PS4 games on your PS3 through PS Now.

maybe not but that will be some next level stuff to be able to just buy a DS4 & play PS4 games on Vita TV & PS3.

JB1981

Using DS4 doesn't really help for games that do not support custom mapping of the R1/R2 and L1/L2 triggers.

Works great! Do you receive a battery warning this way? Because the DS4 tends to run out quickly which would be horrible while online gaming.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
But what can be used as a Start and Select button since the DS4 lacks them?

hohoXD123

I keep on getting this message when trying to connect: "The pass key is not correct. Try to register again."

Edit: Woops, forgot that I took my ps3 offline for a while and haven't updated the FW yet.

How can you power on the DS4 without it starting the PS4 if you have it synced to the PS3?

If it is sync'd to work with the PS3, doesn't that mean it has to be "re-sync'd" to work on the PS4?

I dont think the DS4 can be sync'd up to work with both the PS3 and PS4 at the same time, but I could be wrong. I know with my DS3 on my Android Tablet, it will not control the PS3 once I have it sync'd with my tablet.

hohoXD123

Really hope they can patch in headphone and rumble support, as well as fix the PS button, would be much more inclined to tackle my PS3 backlog. But this on its own is damn good news regardless.

MavFan619

Banned
So tested it with Street Fighter 4 doesn't work too well as the dpad doesn't register the corners at all. Analog sticks work fine though.

But what can be used as a Start and Select button since the DS4 lacks them?

Share and Options replaces them, so it's exactly like a Dualshock 3 controller.

The annoyance comes when you mistaken Share for Select, which happened a lot when I first had a DS4 :p

The only thing is, DS4 has digital face buttons, so games like MGS Collection will never work without a Dualshock 3.

This is not working for me. I'm scanning, I've unplugged my DS4 and just nothing's happening. Any ideas folks?! I'd love to get this working wirelessly.

Edit - never mind, it's working but I think my battery is at zero. Haven't used the DS4 in a while. I'll charge it while I play GTAV for a while and test it properly later.

Top Bottom