• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Duke Nukem Forever (PC/PS3/360, 2011) announced by Gearbox/T2, playable at PAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

mandiller

I got to play DNF when gearbox came to Australia a week or so ago. It's a fun game from what i played. I'm happy to say the gunplay is quite satisfying - from the three barreled ripper to the pipe bombs and even the new gauss rifle. They all felt good and the AI felt suitably difficult to play against.

I was playing 360 code I think. It's still quite a nice looking game, I was expecting worse. The boss fight in the rain in the football field was particularly cool looking.

Dacvak said:
I'm on a radio show with Duke Nukem (Jon St. John) in 10 minutes, if anyone wants to submit any questions to him. Just post 'em here.

Did he audition for the voice or did id know of him from any previous work? Follow up: what did he first think of the idea of Duke's character?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
disappeared said:
Did he audition for the voice or did id know of him from any previous work? Follow up: what did he first think of the idea of Duke's character?

Duke 3D was made by 3D Realms, not id Software :p

StuBurns

Banned
disappeared said:
I fear you may have missed the window.

Trexid

Neo Member
Okay so I saw this yesterday and was close to pre-ordering a copy and then going into Best Buy and asking for it for the hell of it but I haven't seen or heard any one else talking about this so I figured I would post here.

Yesterday this said 'Pre-order for in store pickup on 1/4'

I'm guessing this is a load of BS as Amazon has the release listed as May 31st. Unless Best Buy got the copies very early and accidentally broke a street date? Ahh! DOES NOT COMPUTE!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Duke+Nu...9333361&skuId=1443608&st=duke nukem&lp=3&cp=1

Wondering if anyone else saw this and some how acquired a copy today.

thehillissilent said:
This games need to come out already. At least they should tell us when the beta will be available for people who purchased Borderlands GOTY edition.

I just keep expecting another delay. I've bet so much on the duke...

thehillissilent said:
This games need to come out already. At least they should tell us when the beta will be available for people who purchased Borderlands GOTY edition.

It's not a beta. It's a demo. Big difference.

Genesis Knight said:
Is there even much of a focus on multi?
I don't think we know anything about multiplayer really, I'm sure there will be something though.

Anyway it definitely didn't come out today. :lol

Last thing I heard about the release of the game was from Amazon, with May 31 as the release day.

Genesis Knight said:
The Duke says you need to get that release date delivery, son. What's with this 'days later' shit.

EDIT: oh you clipped it.
Yeah I didn't realize someone had already said something about it.

Anyway I gots Amazon Prime, son! I'm getting the Duke release day (even if the email didn't say so.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom