• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem leaks early mocap and video footage of Callisto Protocol

StereoVsn

one of the most disappointing game ever.
Aside from the meh gameplay, level design is atroucious.
Yeah, I was surprised at how uninspired overall level design was. Gameplay was meh, but if they had better levels and less technical issues, the game would have done better, INO.

ZehDon

Legitimately some of the most impressive visuals I've ever seen, but there's no overcoming the terrible combat at its core. Just a poorly designed game God-tier presentation.

Hudo

It is still peak comedy that Callisto Protocol came to be because EA killed off Dead Space. Therefore the devs went on, founded their own studio and worked on a spiritual successor.
Meanwhile, EA greenlights a remake of Dead Space 1, setting it up to compete with Callisto Protocol (likely a coincidence, but a funny one)
And it ends with the Dead Space 1 remake being the significantly better game.

Last edited:

Moses85

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Trash Game

This.

This is not some underappreciated, "hidden gem" that people "didn't get" when it came out, it's just an incredibly mediocre product that - besides its graphics/tech - has absolutely nothing going on for it...

- Idiotic melee system.
- more vent/tight-spot crawling than all the God of war games combined.
- Linear as fuck to the point of being comedic.
- Zero play testing : The fact that you can reach mini-boss scenarios/encounters that REQUIRE ammunition WITHOUT a single bullet leading you to basically getting "locked out" is absolutely shit.
- Stupid, cliche', predictable story.
- Idiotic stealth elements/moments where enemies are basically blind, dumb and deaf.

I really wanted to like this but...
Played it on hard and for "free" via PS plus, had I spent though 70 big ones for this...sheeeeit

Last edited:
The game isn't terrible but it is lesser than Glen's previous work with Dead Space, mainly in the gameplay aspects. I understand what Callisto was aiming for and it is very ambitious but it wasn't satisfying in both the cinematic and neither the gameplay aspect. The way the industry is right now I doubt it'll get a sequel, but I believe the team could deliver a better experience in the next installment.

zeroluck

I have come to the conclusion that mocap is overrated, I don't play game to watch cutscenes, plus the limited animations you can get out of an ordinary human is boring.

I have come to the conclusion that mocap is overrated, I don't play game to watch cutscenes, plus the limited animations you can get out of an ordinary human is boring.
It's not the "number of animations" but the quality of.

Also : limited animations you can get out of a human ? What ? 😁

Mediocre game at best the 5 or 6/10 at most. Great graphics but everything else average.
It's funny, isn't it man ? The game "screams" 9/10 and "AAA" due to the production values and graphics and yet...it's one of the most miserable game experiences out there due to the absolutely lackluster, linear and shallow as fook gameplay.

Just like you said, this is a 6/10 tops

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this game a lot. It really sucks we don't get a sequel. It was maligned due to people not understanding the combat and wanting shooting all the time.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Curiosity of life, when I met Karen Fukuhara a week ago, she was very good to me, she liked the Dead space remake game more than the Callisto protocol game xD.

Here is the evidence.

EY3Si3i.jpeg

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The game deserved its fate. They were talking AAAA speak prior to release. The second you use that jargon you’ve cashed your ticket for failure.

The same guy behind dead space 1 manages to make a worse game, and is surprised when people don’t bite on launch with a myriad of technical performance issues?

Strap on the most boring gameplay loop ever, non stop shimmy segments to load levels, and one boss the whole game? Yeah you’ve got a turd of a product.

Now. That all said, would I have been down for a sequel to fix all this? Yes. The blueprint was there for a much better game. This would’ve been fine for a new talent group and a first time try, but… you made dead space: you know better.

They mocap in game as well, for instance Hellblade 2 all movement is motion captured into the game.

Top Bottom