• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Capcom is working on 5 Resident Evil Games

Imtjnotu

Resi 5 please.

iu
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

WoJ

Will be interested to see what they do with a Resident Evil 5 remake. They'll piss people off either way.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I like RE games but please give me next mainline Ace Attorney game.
aceattorneyanniversaryartworkcrossover.large.jpg

Or very least give us this...
4TedWPe.png
33kfW5g.png

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The one which will be released in the next 2 years is for sure RE9, but what are the rest of the 4 games.... Interesting. We know that there's more remakes coming, there's also hints at RE5 in RE4R, but will it be next or will it be RE1 is anyone's guess at this point. I hope it's RE1 cuz it makes more sense for them to then sell the first modern Remake trilogy in one package - they can't do that now with GameCube one.

Last edited:

Jesb

The one which will be released in the next 2 years is for sure RE9, but what are the rest of the 4 games.... Interesting. We know that there's more remakes coming, there's also hints at RE5 in RE4R, but will it be next or will it be RE1 is anyone's guess at this point. I hope it's RE1 cuz it makes more sense for them to then sell the first modern Remake trilogy in one package - they can't do that now with GameCube one.
These don’t necessarily have to mean original content. I expect some of these to be re-releases. Could be some of the already released remakes to Switch 2.

I would love a Resident Evil 3 Remake-tier redo of Resident Evil: Code Veronica, not really interested in anything else. That said, I would probably impulse buy a modern remake of the original Resident Evil.

yurinka

It’s been in development since 2018.
According to his ass has been under development since 2018 because it's being developed by the RE7 team. Which is another lie he made up.

According to the reality and Moby Games, all the RE7 Capcom employees worked after it on other games like RE2R, RE3R, RE Village, RE4R, their DLCs, RE5 Gold Edition (remaster), MH Rise / MH Rise Sunbreak, DMCV, Exoprimal, SF6, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Monster Hunter: Stories 2, Capcom Arcade Stadium, Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers, Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne, Ghosts 'n Goblins: Resurrection, Shinsekai: Into the Depths, Tears of the Kindom or Tekken 8. Then are a couple guys joined Square Enix and and another guy who joined Sony.

The exception are 2 people who didn't release any game since there: a destruction artist and a lighting artist. Who maybe quitted gaming or are working on games as Dragon's Dogma 2, MH Wilds, Pragmata or Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
These don’t necessarily have to mean original content. I expect some of these to be re-releases. Could be some of the already released remakes to Switch 2.
Sure, but at least 2 of them are RE9 and another RE remake - the last one probably at the very early pre-production stage.

EDMIX

I like RE games but please give me next mainline Ace Attorney game.
aceattorneyanniversaryartworkcrossover.large.jpg

Or very least give us this...
4TedWPe.png
33kfW5g.png

Agreed.

Such a underrated series.

I actually thought when they started ported them to console, that they would continue the series on console with a new entry, I mean we saw one with Monster Hunter World.

Apocryphon

Re-REmake (first person, more RE7 than Village, full VR support, RE0 campaign as DLC)

Revelations 3

Outbreak remaster/remake

RE5R (building upon RE4R mechanics and systems)

RE9 (first & 3rd person, more Village than RE7, full VR support)

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Whatever their next RE game, I’m curious. RE9 because it must be something totally new next as Ethan’s story is done, RE5 because I wanna see if they are going to rewrite a lot of the stuff that almost offed the series, CV because this is the classic that needs a Remake most or RE TPS Remake because I’m just curious how they are going to pull this off.

I’d just finally like to see what’s up next. :)

Last edited:

Scotty W

It is amazing that Capcom has been able to get away with all those worthless RE spinoffs like Survivors and Revelations for 25 years, existing only to be sold to people who don’t read the box carefully, and gamers have not organized in protest.

Besides CV and RE1 (re-)remakes I'm still waiting for the PSVR2 version of RE7. Hope it's among these five titles as well.

Haven't played any first person RE yet because I want an adequate VR-experience (which PSVR1 couldn't provide) and don't want to start with RE8.

Soodanim

The idea that Capcom will finally realise that a reimagined Outbreak could serve as their online service game feels like the obvious choice to everyone except Capcom at this point. Maybe this will be the time that they go for it instead of another shitty bundled game like the last two attempts. RE:verse was a complete failure from my understanding.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

k0uRXE5.jpeg

QyWijVA.jpeg

Ste-e-e-e-e-ep o-o-o-o-o-on me-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e!😘
(Step on me)
Tu-u-u-u-urn me-e-e-e-e o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-on!!🥰
(Step on me)
I-i-i-i-i'll be-e-e-e bo-o-o-o-ned!!!:lollipop_fire:
Just fo-o-o-or... you-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u!!!!😍
I mean, uhuh, yeah NikuNashi NikuNashi , for sure! Ahem... 1st person in RE games is a terrible, TERRIBLE idea!👎:messenger_angry:
giphy.gif

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I guess mods thought I was console warring. I'll put it in a more concise way: I think Dusk Golem is a chud leaker, more interested in controlling narrative than he is with actually presenting his information as is.

(I solely own Sony products, lmfao)

DaGwaphics

As long as they don't create as much fatigue for the series as what many of the other yearly releases have done, they should be fine.

Astral Dog

It is amazing that Capcom has been able to get away with all those worthless RE spinoffs like Survivors and Revelations for 25 years, existing only to be sold to people who don’t read the box carefully, and gamers have not organized in protest.
Darkside Chronicles was an amazing rail shooter back on the Wii, upgraded visuals,cutscenes + remastered soundtrack.underrated gem

The Revelation games are actually "mainline" in the same way Code Veronica is, or the Kingdom Hearts 3D and Birth by Sleep games, they were released on portable,and are considered important games just aren't numbered

RE Revelations was high quality on 3DS,among the platform best looking games,and had a pretty good campaing(im not a fan of Rev1 ,clumsy plot and it doesn't deliver on its survival horror promises,but for a 3DS game it was well made)

Revelations 2 was well recieved by fans,the setting as well as the characters,its a fun game, my main issue is that Capcom clearly had something good here, but just didn't give it the proper budget and time to flesh it out.it lacked polish

This was back when Capcom was afraid of doing 'horror' on RE because they considered it too risky, it was because the Revelation games were well recieved that REVII turned out the way it did

Why would that be hard to believe lol, doubt they are all in development at the same time though. I had enough of the remakes, new games please

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
And unlike some other video game companies working on multiple titles in the same horror franchise

#FUCKKONAMI

Capcom have absolutely earned my trust at this stage, given how well they’ve served the RE franchise in recent years. Genuinely looking forward to what they announce next.
Absolutely, their commitment to providing a top AAA VR experience is second to none, can't wait to see what they're cooking next

fart town usa

Gold Member
Resi 5 please.

iu
If they go coop again, I'd love to see it be actually scary and contain sections where you are separated for a lengthy period of time and have to communicate via the headset to solve puzzles. The sense of urgency and team work it would create could be absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
He translated the Japanese wrong.

He read 'Capcom is working on 5 Resident Evil' but what it actually translated to is 'Capcom is working on Resident Evil 5'.

This is just a fun guess post not a serious one, but I could be right 🤷‍♂️

StueyDuck

Just give me a proper co-op resi game. Not 5 and 6, proper old school resi2 style metroidvania style level design but add a friend for co-op

Top Bottom