• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Capcom is working on 5 Resident Evil Games

Draugoth

Gold Member
According to Dusk Golem, Capcom is working on multiple RE:Games

imgonline-com-ua-dexif-PDMx-GSWC1wn-O.jpg

One of these projects could be released in late 2026/early 2027.

2939image.jpg

Source

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
RE9 will be first person. This style of RE hasn't sunken to the depths of Code Veronica/RE6 to necessitate yet another reinvention of the series.

The reason for five projects is existing titles being ported to Switch 2.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
RE9 will be first person. This style of RE hasn't sunken to the depths of Code Veronica/RE6 to necessitate yet another reinvention of the series.

The reason for five projects is existing titles being ported to Switch 2.
first screenshot 👍
MM3162p.jpg

skit_data

Starting to sound a little too much like Ubisofts Assassins Creed strategy tbh. But I guess Capcom have the brains and decency to not make it an annual release schedule.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
2 I can believe but 5? Unless it’s some RE:Verse type of shit, I‘ll take this with a huge grain of salt.
Konami was doing four Sillent Hill games at the same time, and it's fucking Konami

Also, "working" doesn't mean what everyone think it means. They're probably doing RE 9, ok, with maybe Code Veronica Remake, but pre production with a few words on a board on a new trilogy might be a "working" too

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Konami was doing four Sillent Hill games at the same time, and it's fucking Konami

Also, "working" doesn't mean what everyone think it means. They're probably doing RE 9, ok, with maybe Code Veronica Remake, but pre production with a few words on a board on a new trilogy might be a "working" too

I'm calling 9, some remake, another RE:something clever multiplayer foray, Rev3 and some mobile or vr shit.

yurinka

Dusk Gollem is lying again. Capcom right now must be only working in RE9, which won't be released until minimum 2026. Other than that, they may be porting RE4R to phones as did with Village (they may reuse these ports for Switch 2). A few months ago Capcom said they weren't working in any remake and they were considering if to remake Code Veronica or not.

Capcom has a lot of announced games to be released this year and even in 2025, plus DLC of SF6 or Exoprimal. Plus has two unannounced new IPs, Captain Commando and remakes of Final Fight and Power Stone that were planned (applying the covid delay) and refurbished SF6 and Exoprimal re-releases for 2025 or 2026.

Jesb

Please be CV for one of them. And be the same quality as RE2 at minimum. The best outcome would be RE9, RECV, REremake, RE0, and a completely new game in the same mold as RE4.

Astral Dog

I mean, Capcom is always working on multiple RE projects , a few might even get cancelled or rebooted

I remember Dusk rambling about a Switch game starting Rebecca Chambers on an university, then he said Leon was playable.

He even showed pics of an early build, before randomly stating it was cancelled, it was a bunch of nonsense

Jesb

Dusk Gollem is lying again. Capcom right now must be only working in RE9, which won't be released until minimum 2026. Other than that, they may be porting RE4R to phones as did with Village (they may reuse these ports for Switch 2). A few months ago Capcom said they weren't working in any remake and they were considering if to remake Code Veronica or not.

Capcom has a lot of announced games to be released this year and even in 2025, plus DLC of SF6 or Exoprimal. Plus has two unannounced new IPs, Captain Commando and remakes of Final Fight and Power Stone that were planned (applying the covid delay) and refurbished SF6 and Exoprimal re-releases for 2025 or 2026.
I think RE9 is next year. Not sure why you think 2026 at minimum. It’s been in development since 2018

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
2 I can believe but 5? Unless it’s some RE:Verse type of shit, I‘ll take this with a huge grain of salt.

Why not? Capcom has been releasing a Resident Evil game every year now. There was no RE game in 2018, but there were two games in 2020.

It takes 4-5 years to develop AAA games, so Capcom would need 4-5 teams working concurrently on different RE games to hit that annual release schedule.

TJcsDwQ.jpg

yurinka

Not sure why you think 2026 at minimum.
Because Capcom's leaked roadmap document includes several games to be released during 2024, 2025 and beyond and the only one that could be (or not) RE9 is the last one in the list, codenamed as Biohazard Hunk (which could be something like a RE Switch 2 port or REVillage or RE4R, a new remake of some old game like RE1, RECV or RE Revelations or whatever, RE9, RE Revelations 3 or a PC port of RE4R PSVR2... it can be anything).

And as a reference in that document there was there a codenamed Biohazard Outrage (mistranslated as Biohazard Outbreak) that turned out to be RE Village Gold (+ the related DLC), Biohazard 4 Remake and the codenamed Biohazard Apocalypse project, which was the RE4R PSVR2 version + RE4R DLC.

It’s been in development since 2018
No, they released RE Village and RE4R since then plus their VR version and mobile version of the first one. Their next one to be announced more likely would be the mobile version of RE4R or their Switch 2 port.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Making 5+ resident evil games sounds sensible after Konami started the horror war with silent hill

Dr Sues To Be Honest GIF by Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

Jesb

Because Capcom's leaked roadmap document includes several games to be released during 2024, 2025 and beyond and the only one that could be (or not) RE9 is the last one in the list, codenamed as Biohazard Hunk (which could be something like a RE Switch 2 port or REVillage or RE4R, a new remake of some old game like RE1, RECV or RE Revelations or whatever, RE9, RE Revelations 3 or a PC port of RE4R PSVR2... it can be anything).

And as a reference in that document there was there a codenamed Biohazard Outrage (mistranslated as Biohazard Outbreak) that turned out to be RE Village Gold (+ the related DLC), Biohazard 4 Remake and the codenamed Biohazard Apocalypse project, which was the RE4R PSVR2 version + RE4R DLC.

No, they released RE Village and RE4R since then plus their VR version and mobile version of the first one. Their next one to be announced more likely would be the mobile version of RE4R or their Switch 2 port.
It’s been in development since 2018.

squarealex

- Resident Evil 5 Remake
- Resident Evil Code Veronica Remake
- Resident Evil 9
- Resident Evil 1: TPS View Remake
- Resident Evil 0: TPS View Remake

Very exciting stuff (no)

Last edited:

EDMIX

Thats not really shocking.

RECV remake
RE9
RE Mobile thing
RE Online GaaS
RE VR thing

Understand that not all RE titles are all AAA releases or something.

hinch7

A bit excessive, but its my favourite franchise coming from the company so I don't mind. Can't wait for RE9.

FunkMiller

And unlike some other video game companies working on multiple titles in the same horror franchise

#FUCKKONAMI

Capcom have absolutely earned my trust at this stage, given how well they’ve served the RE franchise in recent years. Genuinely looking forward to what they announce next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom