• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail creator's new game is Never Stop Sneakin' (Switch)

Ha, neat. Made me nostalgic as hell so i'm definitely keeping an eye on this one and i love the parody so i'm double in for it. I haven't played Dust for years, if i remember correctly i was dreadful at it! :D

edit: wait, no i wasn't, i was thinking of a different game, lol!

The only downside is that now i really want a NOLF remake/remaster/sequel/reimagining and i'm sad again because it'll never happen :(

Nazo

Holy shit people. Let's stop with the shit posting. The dev is in this thread.

I personally wasn't shit posting, I found the game unappealing due to its character art. Its merely preferential on my part. I've actually played dust. It plays great but its character designs and dialogue had much to be desired. But if some people like that to each their own.

I'm glad the game did well for him and he can go on to make this. It looks great and I'm definitely going to support the dev.

Oresama

Thanks everyone! I knew the style and aesthetics would be either a hit or miss for a lot of people, but that was also true of Dust. It's been fun to create something totally different though, and I hope those of you who pick it up enjoy it!

Right now it's debuting on Switch, but as proven with Dust I'm not married to any one platform. These things just take time with a core team of one.

Game looks great!

I appreciate the amount of diversity in the cast, and if this game is as hilarious and mechanically engaging as Dust was, I'm all in!

PsionBolt

A stealth game that imitates MGS1's aesthetic? Sign me up--
the trailer said:
(Flashy particle effects and lighting)
(Off-kilter camera)
(Procedurally generated)
Sigh. Set me up just to knock me down, huh. I see how it is.

AgeEighty

Really wasn't expecting any nostalgia for PSX-era graphics. It's like being nostalgic for Atari 2600 graphics in a way: a really ugly prototypical version of the nice stuff that came later.

At least it doesn't have for gross devientart level furry shit.

But it's not very attractive either way. But the ps1n64 gen was the ugliest known to mankind so I guess it's intentional?

Toybasher

Neo Member
Looks really interesting. If I had a switch I'd buy it.

Looking forward for an eventual multiplatform release.

Edit: Don't get the art style complaints, it captures the MGS1 feeling very well.

I loved dust which had a very strong identity, this looks great as a nice throwback with interesting machanics. I love it in a silly way, I hope the meat of machanics are solid.

Top Bottom