• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail creator's new game is Never Stop Sneakin' (Switch)

Budi

Seems pretty cool! Need to keep this in mind when I eventually get my Switch. I appreciate Dust too, never finished it but it's more because of me than the game =P

Platy

How would you even reach that conclusion? Sometimes it's true that you just see what you want to see in something.

I think the main problem is that when transphobes say "identify as an helicopter" they mean "is crazy and imagine to be a helicopter in their dreams" and when trans people say "identify as a woman" we mean "we ARE women".... so seing someone that IS a helicopter might bring the interpretation of identify as being instead of dreaming lunatic dreams to be of the original transphobic meme.

But still I would love official clarification

Lingitiz

I think the main problem is that when transphobes say "identify as an helicopter" they mean "is crazy and imagine to be a helicopter in their dreams" and when trans people say "identify as a woman" we mean "we ARE women".... so seing someone that IS a helicopter might bring the interpretation of identify as being instead of dreaming lunatic dreams to be of the original transphobic meme.

I'm pretty sure it's just a parody of the HIND D in MGS 1.

Jakoo

Holy shit for all the of video game series deserving of a send up, it's Metal Gear Solid. This trailer is amazing.

thumb

Banned
Glad they got away from that repulsive furry art style for sure.

Anthropomorphic animals have been a part of human story telling since time immemorial. We have Paleolithic figurines of anthropomorphic animals. The fact that portraying such animals now immediately summons comments about a rare sexual fetish is really bizzare.

Indeed. It's really unfair to the dev, as well. Anthropomorphic animals have been a part of human story telling since time immemorial. We have Paleolithic figurines of anthropomorphic animals. The fact that portraying such animals now immediately summons comments about a rare sexual fetish is really bizzare.

Well, people like to find things to make fun of. And with the excessive negative press about furries in the past 10-20ish years, I'm not surprised that's what people latch onto when it comes to the fandom and anthropomorphic art in general.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Well, people like to find things to make fun of. And with the excessive negative press about furries in the past 10-20ish years, I'm not surprised that's what people latch onto when it comes to the fandom and anthropomorphic art in general.
It's still fucking ridiculous

Unicorn

Can you believe it? That madman, Amadeus Guildenstern, just traveled through time and kidnapped all the U.S. Presidents!

Can I choose which presidents to rescue?

Pygrus

The Switch Indie games are carrying the system right now for me. I'm loving it. I can't wait to play battlechasers on the switch.

Sami+

uPb26JY.png

This... doesn't really look anything like MGS. I was kinda in looking at the cutscene footage but the gameplay just looks completely out there. Is it even a stealth game?

khaaan

Anthropomorphic animals have been a part of human story telling since time immemorial. We have Paleolithic figurines of anthropomorphic animals. The fact that portraying such animals now immediately summons comments about a rare sexual fetish is really bizzare.

Anthropomorphic is not an art style.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up, developers. If you start your plot synopsis with
Can you believe it? That madman, Amadeus Guildenstern, just traveled through time and kidnapped all the U.S. Presidents!
I'm in.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
This one is bought as fuck. Like the humor and the willingness to go with that art style.

Kinda off topic, but am I the only one who gets agitated when people feel the need to shit on indie games that don't interest them in a public forum? Like, there's a hundred that are released in some capacity every day. Why not just move on? It's like going to a flea market and stopping in all the shops to shout that their selection is dogshit. Just walk on by.

Gamers are diiiiiiicks

This... doesn't really look anything like MGS. I was kinda in looking at the cutscene footage but the gameplay just looks completely out there. Is it even a stealth game?

It started out looking like a MGS game, but yeah once the game play hit it looked like a Housemarque game or something.

Sillverrr

Metal Gear Solid PS1 is one of the few games I've played through twice. I think we can all agree it succeeds in spite of itself, with a plot so anime that you don't know whether to laugh or cry at times.

This trailer gets it. I just hope the gameplay stands up as well as the jokes.

Nazo

This looks great! Very much not I was expecting from the guy who did Dust.

I was afraid this game was going to be another furry thing.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I like the PSX look that they're going for, but I feel it needs a lot of refinement. Not... blocky enough? Too many colours?

Pandy

It's a joke about Helicopter bosses in video games generally, and MGS specifically. Jeez.

eXistor

That's an aggressively ugly looking game. Then again, so was Dust.

/edit: to elaborate a bit further on the actual game: I appeciate the MGS parody, but it doesn't look like something I'd enjoy, especially when it's procedurally generated. I don't think I can even think of one of those that I truly enjoyed. I'll take handcrafted levels over this any day of the week.

faridmon

What's wrong with making another beautiful 2D game ala Dust? Can't help but feeling disappointed by this. I know they are going for a full on parody, but the art style is ugly, the gameplay looks busy and the premise just feels clumsy. I'll wait for impressions before remotely getting excited.

Or just bring Dust to the Switch. Would buy it day 1

Really glad to see PS1/N64 inspired retro indie games starting to appear.

The cutscenes nailed the MGS1 inspiration, but the gameplay doesn't look anything like it and doesn't look good either.

Despera

Banned
What's wrong with making another beautiful 2D game ala Dust? Can't help but feeling disappointed by this. I know they are going for a full on parody, but the art style is ugly, the gameplay looks busy and the premise just feels clumsy. I'll wait for impressions before remotely getting excited.

Or just bring Dust to the Switch. Would buy it day 1
Many thanks. Don't worry, I'll be returning to Dust someday. The first one took me 3 and a half years, and two years worth of support/ports. So I just needed to do something completely different. But trust me, I'm not done with that world.

NSS is a smaller, more experimental. Just what I needed.

Fbh

Was all in until the bit about randomly generated levels.

Might still pick it up if it's ever on sale.

There better be a visual gag of there being a mole in the organisation, and it being an actual, literal mole.

Anyway, it looks mildly interesting, but I'm not yet sold.

What the fuck

Dust is incredible looking game with amazing animation

You have to understand, faridmon, anything that has furries in it looks like shit.

RRockman

Banned
This one is bought as fuck. Like the humor and the willingness to go with that art style.

Kinda off topic, but am I the only one who gets agitated when people feel the need to shit on indie games that don't interest them in a public forum? Like, there's a hundred that are released in some capacity every day. Why not just move on? It's like going to a flea market and stopping in all the shops to shout that their selection is dogshit. Just walk on by.

Gamers are diiiiiiicks

I mean there are people who doing nothing but saying "oh so glad it's not a furry game" or even saying "this game looks like shit" while the dev is in this very thread. No class whatsoever.

Also, though I'm not exactly convinced yet (I need more footage and am very skeptical about procedural generation in a stealth game), Noogy is an awesome dev, and a very generous person.
He does not deserve the shit he's getting here.

If you read this, Noogy: Keep on keeping on. <3

AdropOFvenom

Neo Member
Given the title and the parody, I would've expected a stealth gameplay that seems very different then what was shown. I'd probably have to see more gameplay before being convinced.

I really do like what they were going for in terms of style otherwise though.

Natiko

Banned
Kind of where I’m at. I may still pick it up if it’s fun, but the gameplay didn’t match my excitement at the premise.

Top Bottom