• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dutch journalist: Guerrilla IP "is RPG", shown during Sony Conference

Lakitu

st5fu
If it's a Fall 2016 release, I doubt we'll be getting gameplay. More along the lines of The Order's 1886 reveal trailer.

If it's a Fall 2016 release, I doubt we'll be getting gameplay. More along the lines of The Order's 1886 reveal trailer.
I think most publishers have caught on that gamers barely raise an eyebrow for cinematic trailers these days

Bare minimum should be a trailer with gameplay cuts

Alo0oy

Banned
Yes, but are there three teams? Amsterdam, Cambridge, and another one?

2 in Amsterdam, one of them was working on this RPG since 2010, while the other finished Shadow Fall in 2013, if the next KZ is made by Cambridge, then the SF team has to be working on something else, maybe another new IP?

Grimløck;167531190 said:
mechasaurs pls

dinoriders.jpg

pls
Do want

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
the horizon of killzone sf on their twitter and fb page is definitely GG being clever.

they could of put anything up there, but they chose to use a horizon.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'd love if all armour and weaponry is sourced from the bodies of Dinosaurs so you literally have to take on the most dangerous enemies in the game to find upgrades
So you want Monster Hunter? :D I'd be OK with some MH-like mechanics, if the combat is good.

So, how many red-haired female protagonists we do have now?
To add to those listed, there's also Alisia from Alisia Dragoon, Lilith in Borderlands, Bloodrayne, Ellie in The Last of Us, Estelle Bright in Trails in the Sky (debatable I guess, she looks red-haired on some artworks and brown-haired on others...)...

But yeah I agree with you, it's a common choice. I don't care though, red is a cool hair colour. ;)

Darksol

So you want Monster Hunter? :D I'd be OK with some MH-like mechanics, if the combat is good.

To add to those listed, there's also Alisia from Alisia Dragoon, Lilith in Borderlands, Bloodrayne, Ellie in The Last of Us, Estelle Bright in Trails in the Sky (debatable I guess, she looks red-haired on some artworks and brown-haired on others...)...

But yeah I agree with you, it's a common choice. I don't care though, red is a cool hair colour. ;)

Ellie? Redhead?

Is that necessarily a good thing? Lol. E3 media darlings of late haven't exactly stood the test of time (Titanfall and Evolve).
It can be. I'm sure there are "best of E3" games that were awesome. Its not guaranteed . Lately they might have sucked but I don't think thats enough to discredit any future "best of E3" games.

sn00zer

Considering Sony decided to show Ratchet BEFORE any E3 announcements and set the price to $40 I have to imagine the games they will be showing look fucking bananas

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Despite not being fond of Guerrilla's games at all I'm still very interested to see how this comes together. Their tech is so glorious I just want them to match it with game design. Maybe something fresh from Killzone, like this being an RPG, will help them flourish.

I'm very excited to see this game. I have no doubt about the graphics. It will look mind blowing for sure. I just hope the gameplay will deliver this time though.

So, how many red-haired female protagonists we do have now?

Nariko from Heavenly Sword

Regina from Dino Crisis

Rayne from Bloodrayne.

Trip from Enslaved

Tyris Flare from Golden Axe??

Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark?

Kasumi from DOA? Is she even a redhead?

*crickets chirping*

Yeah, not many.

Also, I am hoping the game isn't medieval since we already have way too many medieval RPG's.

It went from an open mission structure on Mission 1 to a closed linear shooter at Mission 2. I was surprised that nothing like that Forest mission ever came close in the levels after that.

You know I was surprised too. That Forest level was fucking brilliant. I loved busting into that Ammo station felt like commando lol.

They do have a couple open missions though that are pretty cool and I really liked the art direction of Shadowfall. I enjoyed going through it a second time at a fast pace from my harder playthrough for the platinum. It was not as bad as I thought it might be. Sure, some parts are not as good as others but overall I thought the game was actually pretty good outside of the totally mediocre story. The ending was nice IMO.

As for the couple levels where you skydive one was tough but meh I think GAF is being sissy about that stuff. The graphics were amazing for a launch game and even some parts of the story I did like. I just felt the main character SUCKED ASS again and that brought the game down in some ways.

OWL is brilliant and anyone criticizing that can go home. A great addition to the franchise. Play this on the harder difficulty right away.

grimmiq

Nariko from Heavenly Sword

Regina from Dino Crisis

Rayne from Bloodrayne.

Trip from Enslaved

Tyris Flare from Golden Axe??

Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark?

Kasumi from DOA? Is she even a redhead?

*crickets chirping*

Yeah, not many.

Also, I am hoping the game isn't medieval since we already have way too many medieval RPG's.

Red from Transistor
Default Femshep
Claire from RE Revelations 2
Lightning if you include pink as redhead.

A decent chunk of the female protagonists are redheads..too bad it's still a tiny fraction of short brown-haired male leads.

Yes, but are there three teams? Amsterdam, Cambridge, and another one?

Amsterdam, from what I can infer, is probably similar to ND.

2 creative teams, Steven der Heide ( Shadowfall) and Mathis de Jonge (KZ2/3/Liberation/Horizon), with largely one pool of resources dedicated to one game's full-production.

Cambridge is it's own team.

barit

Remembering all the awesome character concept leaks from last year I really had a Sci-Fi GoT vibe when I saw them. Now that it's semi-confirmed that it will have a medieval touch I hope GG aims big and can deliver an almost rich and diverse universe as ASOIAF. That would be to sweet.

Fuck dragons, Robo-Dinos is the new shit. Hell yeah

GnawtyDog

Banned
You know I was surprised too. That Forest level was fucking brilliant. I loved busting into that Ammo station felt like commando lol.

They do have a couple open missions though that are pretty cool and I really liked the art direction of Shadowfall. I enjoyed going through it a second time at a fast pace from my harder playthrough for the platinum. It was not as bad as I thought it might be. Sure, some parts are not as good as others but overall I thought the game was actually pretty good outside of the totally mediocre story. The ending was nice IMO.

As for the couple levels where you skydive one was tough but meh I think GAF is being sissy about that stuff. The graphics were amazing for a launch game and even some parts of the story I did like. I just felt the main character SUCKED ASS again and that brought the game down in some ways.

OWL is brilliant and anyone criticizing that can go home. A great addition to the franchise. Play this on the harder difficulty right away.

I have a feeling we're going to get plenty of forest in Horizon.....and they will look jaw-dropping...

concept art rip off.

2 in Amsterdam, one of them was working on this RPG since 2010, while the other finished Shadow Fall in 2013, if the next KZ is made by Cambridge, then the SF team has to be working on something else, maybe another new IP?

Since 2010? Damn. I wonder how many reboots it has gone through.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Since 2010? Damn. I wonder how many reboots it has gone through.

Probably a bunch of concept that, scratch that. But yeah... kinda odd, how many devs are in Guerrila main (not Cambridge)?

Edit: 270 plus - I said gawdayum....

SSM screwed up big time with that IP cancel.. I guess Sony Top 3 are ND. SJapan, Guerrilla.

Top Bottom