• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light: Enhanced Edition announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQwLi21ZHK0

Includes new graphics, new enemy AI, new parkour moves, All DLC, new levels and lots more.

Wasn't expecting this. The Following also releases on the same day. February 6th 2016.

Wonder if they can improve the fps on the console versions?

http://dyinglightgame.com/dl-enhanced-edition
Enhancement List
  • Legend System
  • Nightmare Difficulty
  • Bounties System
  • New Parkour Moves
  • New Enemy Attacks & Behaviors
  • #DrinkForDLC Content
  • New NPC Models
  • Enhanced Facial Expressions
  • Improved Human Enemy AI
  • Improved Volatile AI
  • Greater Firearm Variety
  • HUD and Video Filter Customizations
  • Audio Upgrades
  • Gameplay Quality Improvements
  • Console Performance Upgrades
  • Overall Game Look and Feel Improvements

I suppose most of this will be a free update for current owners, and this is a new package of the game + all dlc + game updated to last version from the box + The Following??

Crzy1

Cool, been waiting for a compilation with all the DLC. The Following DLC looks good from what I've seen of it, like a real expansion, not just a small chunk of gameplay.

Well this is a nice surprise,already one of my recent favourite games.Interested to see how much of an improvement the graphics are.

Nokterian

Well goddamn i hope for people who have the game already like me it comes with a update i am eager to play it with the new enhancements. Also at the ending it isn't a GOTY it is enhanced.

Danlord

http://dyinglightgame.com/dl-enhanced-edition
Enhancement List
  • Legend System
  • Nightmare Difficulty
  • Bounties System
  • New Parkour Moves
  • New Enemy Attacks & Behaviors
  • #DrinkForDLC Content
  • New NPC Models
  • Enhanced Facial Expressions
  • Improved Human Enemy AI
  • Improved Volatile AI
  • Greater Firearm Variety
  • HUD and Video Filter Customizations
  • Audio Upgrades
  • Gameplay Quality Improvements
  • Console Performance Upgrades
  • Overall Game Look and Feel Improvements

This sucks after my brother just bought it on the Steam sale :(

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It says console specific performance enhancements....they really went out to re-optimize this game havent they!?

senahorse

Dying_Light_How_To_Get_EE.jpg

I just started playing this game last week, might be best to hold off now I guess.

Joey Ravn

Banned
So we're remastering games within a year of release? OK.

Bah. I like Dying Light when it came out, but never played the DLC. Maybe I'll give it a try when this one releases.

Thank goodness I bought the game and Season Pass waaaaay back for the PC (when Mother Russia was a thing). Good devs Techland with the nice freebies.

Max_Po

Banned
I am guessing just some overall improvements on consoles as well.

Very nice of them to keep improving like the The Witcher team.

Too bad this game gives me motion sickness, it's right up my alley. I did manage to get an upskirt pic of a zombie before I quit tho lol

Haroon

So... If I have the main game. I will need to purchase the season pass to get the enhanced edition for free?

Dredd97

Dying_Light_How_To_Get_EE.jpg

I just started playing this game last week, might be best to hold off now I guess.

why does that graphic give the impression that to get the console enhancements we have to buy the following?

surely we'd get those just for own the original game??

oo7

Need to get back on this. Thanks to GAF scored this game and the season pass on PS4 for 20 bucks when it came out. Thank you BasedGAF.

moai

So you have to buy the season pass to get the enchanments.
Not buying it, should be free.

This remains the best $20 purchase I've ever made. Techland and WB have earned my goodwill with their excellent support for the game, so I'll probably buy it on PC too some time.

why does that graphic give the impression that to get the console enhancements we have to buy the following?

surely we'd get those just for own the original game??

Not at all, and don't call me Shirley.

Optimizing stuff includes cutting corners. Cutting corners includes reducing amount of test cases. Reducing amount of test cases includes assuming you bought something and skipping those who don't.

God I loved this game. The enhancements sound great, I look forward to renting it sometime and replaying. I imagine the changes will make it feel new again faster.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I got the base game for $15 a few weeks back. Guess I'll wait for the DLC to go on sale since I heard its pretty good.

So this Enhanced Edition will just update when I buy the season pass + expansion? No need to buy a new copy for anything, right?

Megauap

Was waiting for a GOTY edition of this game but didn't thought they would do an Enhanced Edition ala The Witcher style. This will be a day one purchase.
Good job Techland!

If it includes all DLC, why would anyone buy the season pass mentioned on that poster? Isn't the season pass that same DLC, or is there going to be a whole new season pass of DLC coming out?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Wait, so if I own the vanilla game, I can buy the Expansion The Following and get the Enhancements Update sans the other DLC?

Or get season pass with *all* the DLC including the following and get the Enhancement Update?

Gee Namco why didn't you do this, bitches.

If it includes all DLC, why would anyone buy the season pass mentioned on that poster? Isn't the season pass that same DLC, or is there going to be a whole new season pass of DLC coming out?

I think the enhancements are separate from the DLC

Top Bottom