• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL (PS3) / CE (PSV/PS4) |OT| Don't Pursue Lu Bu (In Next Gen)

sensui-tomo

The last DW games I'd played is 4 from PS2 era. Can I ask if 8 is the best possible entry for this series yet and what are the chances of re-released ( Xtreme, Empire etc )? I might give it a shot just to see what it is like again.

if you want chances of getting extreme legends or Empires, Get the ps3 version and not the 360 as they were skipped on 7 for that console.(and the ps3 version didnt have compressed movies which looked like crap seriously that crap bothered me in WO3 and DW7 for that platform) another good series is Warriors orochi 3 but i'd wait to see if we are getting a localized version of WO3 Ultimate(also its sub only) and if they confirm a no, you can either buy it retail on the 360 or wii U(has more characters and a fighter mode (personally had fun with it against a friend, but has less people on screen) or digitally for ps3.

Reknoc

The last DW games I'd played is 4 from PS2 era. Can I ask if 8 is the best possible entry for this series yet and what are the chances of re-released ( Xtreme, Empire etc )? I might give it a shot just to see what it is like again.

The chances of an Xtreme and Empires is probably highly likely, but they're more expansion than re-releases (at least this was the case for 7, I haven't played anything before that).

EYEL1NER

Now that I am finally reading Three Kingdoms, I am glad to see people like Yue Jin, Li Dian, and Lu Su getting in, people that I think 'this person is pretty fucking important...why aren't they in a Musou game?'

I so cannot wait for this. It's frustrating to know that I will probably be waiting two weeks or so for the mail plane that will be carrying it. I should be finished reading Three Kingdoms by then too. Then again, I am only at "Ch 52: Zhuge Liang Temporizes with Lu Su, Zhao Zilong Captures Guiyang."

Gonna sub to this thread.

sensui-tomo

I'm hoping that if an Xtreme legends version comes out, that they introduce more "Other" characters... Yuan Shu(aka guy who deceives), another nan man general, maybe a shu character not of the Guan family, Lu Bu's daughter and/or strategist. would also like seeing that Cao member who rules Wei during the Jin period be playable. and wondering were the DW7 outfits included in this game, free dlc or cost dlc in japan?

TheChaos0

Omega Force artwork is always so nnnggghhhghnnnngnnnngnn.

I'll leave you with this.

1732394-sunshangxiang.jpg

I'm hoping for mostly other characters to be added in the future

Wei

Yu Jin
Xun Yu

Wu

Cheng Pu

Shu

Wang Ping

and switch Xiahou Ba here, here is no Jin warrior >.<

Jin

I'm not that bothered on who they add here

Other

Yuan Shu with Ji Ling
Hua Xiong
Chen Gong and Gao Shun
Yan Liang and Wen Chou and possibly Tian Feng
Zhang Ren and Yan Yan

mr.rager

#teamshu

I love me some DW. Been playing it since DW2 on the PS2 and have bought every single expansion. I'm really hyped for this release, it looks like Koei stepped up their game in terms of graphics and level design compared to the past couple of DWs. With the return of being able to play on opposing forces I hope they have special quotes when your character faces their original kingdom like they did back in DW3.

sensui-tomo

They've added Zuo Ci back on this, right?

Picked up DW7 again this weekend and aim to finish the story mode before this releases. :)

if you own a ps3, go get Xtreme legends, its got more story in it for ya and glorious Wang yi
(also pang de returns because he left why?)

Crunch King

Neo Member
Don't care what anyone says, I've always loved Dynasty Warriors. Played 'em all since 2 and you can be damn sure I'll be playing this one.

Also, Wu for the win. Best faction. Wu-hoo, if you will.

sensui-tomo

Yeah, I was all over the place looking for Xtreme Legends to buy, but then I found out that they didn't release it for X360. :(

at this point i'd say go get WO3 too(dont think that ultimate edition i talked about will be coming on the 360 as its a vita/ps3 thing in japan) even though the movies are compressed it still runs fine otherwise (think it may be $20-$30) since WO3 was/is very very good and will take you some time to finish... plus it has ryu hyabusa in a game that doesnt suck.

Owned every DW game since the first one (yup, that fighting game for the PS1). Love these games and really looking forward to this one. Kind of sad that Cheng Pu didn't make the cut again. I think Koei has something against him at this point.

Another Wu supporter here. Zhou Yu!

Yawnier

Banned
I'm hoping for mostly other characters to be added in the future

Wei

Yu Jin
Xun Yu

Wu

Cheng Pu

Shu

Wang Ping

and switch Xiahou Ba here, here is no Jin warrior >.<

Jin

I'm not that bothered on who they add here

Other

Yuan Shu with Ji Ling
Hua Xiong
Chen Gong and Gao Shun
Yan Liang and Wen Chou and possibly Tian Feng
Zhang Ren and Yan Yan

Someone else who thinks Wang Ping should be in the game?

*Brofist*

Also, if they were to add Yan Yan (can't see it happening though, since he is basically Huang Zhong's mini-me) I could see him going to Shu since that's where he spent his later years. Sort of how Ma Chao is in Shu even though he spent a lot of his military career before that in Xiliang.

Huge DW fan here, so for no reason, I shall now proceed to write out the most baller characters for each kingdom:

Wei: Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan, Cai Wenji, Jia Xu
Wu: Gan Ning, Zhou Yu, Sun Shang Xiang, Sun Quan, Zhou Tai
Shu: Yue Ying, Pang Tong, Xing Cai, Wei Yan, Huang Zhong
Jin: Wang Yuanji, Xiahou Beiber, Deng Ai
Other: Zhu Rong, Zuo Ci, Yuan Shao, Zhang Jiao, Yuan Shu (I wish man)

lu bu is a poop

Someone else who thinks Wang Ping should be in the game?

*Brofist*

Also, if they were to add Yan Yan (can't see it happening though, since he is basically Huang Zhong's mini-me) I could see him going to Shu since that's where he spent his later years. Sort of how Ma Chao is in Shu even though he spent a lot of his military career before that in Xiliang.

Why not both? if they have an other story you could play as Yi provence and it defeating Liu Bei and creating Shu, should have added Fa Zheng to that list too

Hystzen

2 weeks ughhh want it now dammit need to pimp out Xiahou Dun a dude who takes a arrow to the eye then eats it then speared the attacker Cao Xing in the face is most badass in my book

at this point i'd say go get WO3 too(dont think that ultimate edition i talked about will be coming on the 360 as its a vita/ps3 thing in japan) even though the movies are compressed it still runs fine otherwise (think it may be $20-$30) since WO3 was/is very very good and will take you some time to finish... plus it has ryu hyabusa in a game that doesnt suck.

I will! :D

Yawnier

Banned
Why not both? if they have an other story you could play as Yi provence and it defeating Liu Bei and creating Shu, should have added Fa Zheng to that list too

Fa Zheng is probably one of the better adds that Shu has left - only thing now is to consider the plethora of strategists that are already in Shu: Zhuge Liang, Pang Tong, Xu Shu, Jiang Wei, and Yue Ying to a certain extent.

denshuu

Anyone know how to tell what affinity your opponent's weapon is? Seems like there's a bunch of systems like Storm Rush that depend on you having the winning rock-paper-scissors affinity. Is there an icon or a color or something to look out for?

Also,

Nanman Clan ain't nothin to fuck with.

I'm honestly tempted to get this, and the only one I've played before was 5XL.
All I really remember other than Lu Bu and Cao Cao was this this big guy with a beard who had these bear claw type things as weapons and was really awesome.

Sounds like Meng Huo.

I'm hoping that if an Xtreme legends version comes out, that they introduce more "Other" characters... Yuan Shu(aka guy who deceives), another nan man general, maybe a shu character not of the Guan family, Lu Bu's daughter and/or strategist. would also like seeing that Cao member who rules Wei during the Jin period be playable. and wondering were the DW7 outfits included in this game, free dlc or cost dlc in japan?

I do find it funny that Yuan Shu still hasn't been added since he's kinda more important than Yuan Shao.

They've added Zuo Ci back on this, right?

Picked up DW7 again this weekend and aim to finish the story mode before this releases. :)

Yes, Zuo Ci, returns.

Fa Zheng is probably one of the better adds that Shu has left - only thing now is to consider the plethora of strategists that are already in Shu: Zhuge Liang, Pang Tong, Xu Shu, Jiang Wei, and Yue Ying to a certain extent.

You get more Guan and Zhang kids and you'll like it.

Anyone know how to tell what affinity your opponent's weapon is? Seems like there's a bunch of systems like Storm Rush that depend on you having the winning rock-paper-scissors affinity. Is there an icon or a color or something to look out for?

They are color coded. I don't remember which color goes with what, but it is red, green and blue.

But, if you are have the advantage, there'll be a blue triangle over the officer's head which shows how close you are to activating a storm rush and if you are at a disadvantage, you'll see a red triangle above their head.

Crunch King

Neo Member
They are color coded. I don't remember which color goes with what, but it is red, green and blue.

But, if you are have the advantage, there'll be a blue triangle over the officer's head which shows how close you are to activating a storm rush and if you are at a disadvantage, you'll see a red triangle above their head.

Yup. Earth is green, Heaven is blue, Man is red.

If you have the advantage, you see a blue diamond over an officer's head that gets chipped away as you hit them. Once it's gone, bam, storm rush. If you are at a disadvantage, you see a big red triangle with a ! inside. Same weapon type, you see nothing. Nice and simple.

ZhugeEX

Banned
This was the first series i played on PS2 and it's what helped peak my interest in gaming.

Already pre ordered 8 and i can't wait to play it.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Amazing. They didn't do the same thing for the guys?

I'm not sure if you understood that i'm joking. Have you played Dead or Alive before??? it was a reference to the female characters boob jiggle thing.

But yeh, not bullshots. Just improved lighting and better character models.

Terra_Ex

I feel that I've played this game before... and I feel compelled to play it again for reasons I can't quite explain :)

Has Lu Lingqi ever been in a mainline DW game? I liked her role in Dynasty Tactics 2 (hell I loved the what if scenarios in DT2) and I recall seeing her in an RoTK game but that's it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Representing Wei, as all winners do.

I feel that I've played this game before... and I feel compelled to play it again for reasons I can't quite explain :)

Has Lu Lingqi ever been in a mainline DW game? I liked her role in Dynastic Tactics 2 (hell I loved the what i scenarios in DT2) and I recall seeing her in and RoTK game but that's it.

Nope, don't think so. She wouldn't be a bad add and the Others could always use more people. I'm looking forward to when they add Chen Gong as well.

Any fanservice for the girls?

You can marvel at the biceps of Deng Ai and Huang Gai.

sensui-tomo

Has Lu Lingqi ever been in a mainline DW game? I liked her role in Dynastic Tactics 2 (hell I loved the what i scenarios in DT2) and I recall seeing her in and RoTK game but that's it.

i only remember that there was some votes for her in some recent character poll for famitsu, and i thought there was a psuedo CaW in the DW7 empires game where they made one.(probably wrong on this)

i only remember that there was some votes for her in some recent character poll for famitsu, and i thought there was a psuedo CaW in the DW7 empires game where they made one.(probably wrong on this)

Zhang Chunhua got the official female CAW in DW7E.

She doesn't appear on the list of the DLC CAWs either.

ZhugeEX

Banned
neat WO last week and DT2 this week.. wonder how long till we get DW3 on psn

Japan already have it.

So we might have it soon?

Personally i'm waiting for Dynasty Warriors 2 (will never happen :( ) since it was the first game i played. Still play it on PS2 every now and then. Would be nice to have it on PS3 though.

Top Bottom