• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
G Gundam's my favorite gundam, but I didn't dig Burning Gundam in DWG2. I played him for a mission in this one, and holy shit his moveset is in-sane

zoner said:
G Gundam's my favorite gundam, but I didn't dig Burning Gundam in DWG2. I played him for a mission in this one, and holy shit his moveset is in-sane
What? The moveset is pretty much the same. Well at least I think it is, all I did was spam God Slash Typhoon just like in every other DWG game. I think the air muso is slightly different, but maybe not and I am just remembering the lvl 3 one from previous games.

00 Raiser has been my favorite thus far. I love the Trans-AM as well as the GN Particle effects (looks pretty), though, and I cant ever get tired of Setsuna (lvl 13). I really want another Operator, Tiffa has gotten a bit tiring, or is just plain static ( I never even heard of After War Gundam X before this game)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dedication Through Light said:
00 Raiser has been my favorite thus far. I love the Trans-AM as well as the GN Particle effects (looks pretty), though, and I cant ever get tired of Setsuna (lvl 13). I really want another Operator, Tiffa has gotten a bit tiring, or is just plain static ( I never even heard of After War Gundam X before this game)

Wait until you unlock
Haro!!!!
as an Operator.

Best Operator EVER.

Also now I realize why I found the game so damn hard. I had been using Rank 1 suits the whole time. I had no idea how to unlock higher ranked plans until like 8-9 hours in. :lol Now I'm using an absolutely beastly Rank 3 Gundam DX and things are a LOT easier.

Im rolling with 00 Raiser as well. Trans-Am is beast! Im trying to stay away from Strike Freedom as I used it almost exclusively in DWG2

daffy

Banned
Game is so perfect. Smooth framerate, great mobile suits, tons of missions, and satisfying gameplay. Bravo Omega Force, bravo. Everything I wanted and more.

Guncannon lolz

Seraphis Cain said:
Wait until you unlock
Haro!!!!
as an Operator.

Best Operator EVER.

Also now I realize why I found the game so damn hard. I had been using Rank 1 suits the whole time. I had no idea how to unlock higher ranked plans until like 8-9 hours in. :lol Now I'm using an absolutely beastly Rank 3 Gundam DX and things are a LOT easier.

How DO you unlock higher rank plans? All I get are rank 1 even on hard difficulty

ultron87

Only played a bit so far but I'm really liking Kou's starting suit, the Full Vernian GP-01.

His XXY (or maybe XXXY) combo where you jet forward and do a big swipe with the beam saber in a nice arc is fantastic. I especially love it when the saber sometimes gets caught on a mech and there's a pause as it slowly cuts through it. His burst attack is pretty unexciting
though. Is there a way to do the big beam cannon thing he does when you have Kou as your assist instead of the boring "jet forward slashing a bunch one"?

I love Trans-Am on the 00.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
robotzombie said:
How DO you unlock higher rank plans? All I get are rank 1 even on hard difficulty

You have to complete the Memorial Missions you get for completing X number of missions.

Also, there's other Memorial Missions that you can clear to unlock new Skills in the shop, as well.

Yeah, I sorta wish the game did a little more to make things like this clear. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was just trying to get through the Story missions and was REALLY confused as to why the game seemed so hard.

Seraphis Cain said:
You have to complete the Memorial Missions you get for completing X number of missions.

Also, there's other Memorial Missions that you can clear to unlock new Skills in the shop, as well.

Yeah, I sorta wish the game did a little more to make things like this clear. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was just trying to get through the Story missions and was REALLY confused as to why the game seemed so hard.

Awesome, thanks seraphis. Yeah, I really wish there was a way to easily figure out how to get things done, all I've been doing was going through stories thinking it would unlock most things

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
FTH said:
Game is so perfect. Smooth framerate, great mobile suits, tons of missions, and satisfying gameplay. Bravo Omega Force, bravo. Everything I wanted and more.

Guncannon lolz

I'm really impressed by the new cel shaded engine and its performance (360 version here). Tons of special effects, backgrounds that actually have detail and color, and a f**king stupid amount of cannon fodder on the screen. Framerate only drops a little during musou attacks and big special effects, but even then it's not jerky or distracting.

This has like the best technical quality of any Omega Force game I've ever played.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
RiderKairuu said:
Once im satisfied with my 00 Raiser I want to take that thing online. How tough are the online missions?

The difficulty of the missions depends on the online rank of the host, actually. At the lowest rank (18 I believe), they're not that hard at all. I'd say if you have a Lv. 20-ish pilot and a good suit that's at least Rank 2, you'll be fine.

You also get a TON of money for playing online missions. So that's nice.

robotzombie said:
Awesome, thanks seraphis. Yeah, I really wish there was a way to easily figure out how to get things done, all I've been doing was going through stories thinking it would unlock most things

No problem. Yeah, that's exactly what I was doing as well.

Neki

Why don't you just pick another operator then? You basically get three early in the game, I went with the guy that runs the shop. Unless they have inherent benefits I'm not aware of. Also, I don't get why Setsuna has an awesome Musou and Kira gets like the worst Musou, so bad, Setsuna gets the beam and the whole powerup/speed-up. at least his desperation Musou is imba. I actually really like Amuro's gundam, shooting lasers has never been funner.

robot

Game is awesome. Those giant gundams are a bitch to fight (gets confusing when fighting them) and unlocking robots and actually being able to use them with my pilot is confusing. I just wanna use the burning gundam but don't have him or the pilot yet.

Lostconfused said:
What? The moveset is pretty much the same. Well at least I think it is, all I did was spam God Slash Typhoon just like in every other DWG game. I think the air muso is slightly different, but maybe not and I am just remembering the lvl 3 one from previous games.
God Slash Typhoon with long range mech skill and magnetic pilot skill is so good. >=)

BTW, I'll be running some online matches (PS3) in an hour or two. My PSN in gevurah22. Gotta get dat money and rank 4 plans.

Neki

ukas said:
I have yet to figure out what constitutes how many times you can respawn. Anyone?
I think technically you could still win with 0 morale as long as you didn't die. I was doing a friendship mission and I was playing with 0 morale and nothing happened until I died.

robot said:
Game is awesome. Those giant gundams are a bitch to fight (gets confusing when fighting them) and unlocking robots and actually being able to use them with my pilot is confusing. I just wanna use the burning gundam but don't have him or the pilot yet.
Buy the Little Giant pilot skill in the shop to make it easier for you. And don't forget to equip it as well! :p

Also, to make it easy to get the Giant MS Memorial missions (5 killed, 10 killed, 20 killed) that unlock more pilot skills when you complete them, just keep redoing the intermediate training #1 where you only fight Big Zam. Simple and effective. :)

I'm currently going through the Those That Fight story route, aka Super Manly Pilots. :lol

Reknoc

Played for a bit today. I started with the only right choice, which is Banagher because; Unicorn. So much fun, catapulting into a field full of enemies is so badass.

Making the loading screen ding is also way more fun than it should be.

mintylurb

Kaijima said:
I'm really impressed by the new cel shaded engine and its performance (360 version here). Tons of special effects, backgrounds that actually have detail and color, and a f**king stupid amount of cannon fodder on the screen. Framerate only drops a little during musou attacks and big special effects, but even then it's not jerky or distracting.

This has like the best technical quality of any Omega Force game I've ever played.
I'm noticing quite a bit of frame rate drops compared to gw2. I decided to give the 2nd one a whirl since the frame drops in gw3 was bugging me. What a difference. There's hardly any frame rate drops in the 2nd version. Granted, gw2 doesn't look quite as nice as gw3 but I'll take butter smooth frame rate over slightly better graphics with fluctuating frame rate.

And I think you see more cannon fodders on the screen in gw2 since the camera isn't zoomed in like gw3. Anyway, so far I'm not liking it as much as gw2.. ;<

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
mintylurb said:
I'm noticing quite a bit of frame rate drops compared to gw2. I decided to give the 2nd one a whirl since the frame drops in gw3 was bugging me. What a difference. There's hardly any frame rate drops in the 2nd version. Granted, gw2 doesn't look quite as nice as gw3 but I'll take butter smooth frame rate over slightly better graphics with fluctuating frame rate.

And I think you see more cannon fodders on the screen in gw2 since the camera isn't zoomed in like gw3. Anyway, so far I'm not liking it as much as gw2.. ;<

I'm not noticing any frame rate drops at all over here. Running at a smooth 60FPS as far as I've noticed.

What I DO notice, though, is that some of the lighting effects are, well, really really ugly. Anyone else seeing this? They're like...very, VERY pixelated. It can actually be a bit jarring at times.

I hope it's not just me, otherwise I'm gonna be a bit worried about my PS3's health...

Wow the game got me all frustrated. I was almost done with all the tutorial missions (normal) when at the 5 star battle one I my lvl 20 setsuna and 00 Raiser can barely destroy normal mobile suits, without spamming the trans-am. Even worst all my fields, and communication ones continuously get taken over. I think tomorrow Ill just do the actual story missions and friendship ones, gotta advance someway and get more characters and suits. Fun game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wow the game got me all frustrated. I was almost done with all the tutorial missions (normal) when at the 5 star battle one I my lvl 20 setsuna and 00 Raiser can barely destroy normal mobile suits, without spamming the trans-am. Even worst all my fields, and communication ones continuously get taken over. I think tomorrow Ill just do the actual story missions and friendship ones, gotta advance someway and get more characters and suits. Fun game.

Have you done the Memorial Missions to unlock higher rank Plans yet? That's pretty much a necessity.

Beth Cyra

Well after playing GM3 and now DW 3 I can say I'm pretty much done with this series.

They have all the suits I really want outside of variant type suits (Wing Gundam Zero EW, Hi Nu, Deathscythe EW) and the gameplay is about as far as this wil ltake me.

Honestly for me to comeback they need to finally take the time to make real cross over stories that exist with in the text that can involve the whole cast (probably damn near impossible) and rip out the awful Mobile Armor fights.

Don't get me wrong, DW 3 is a great game and I'm very happy I bought it, just the negatives will be to much for me come DW4/GM4.

Seraphis Cain said:
Have you done the Memorial Missions to unlock higher rank Plans yet? That's pretty much a necessity.

Not yet, I just did a friendship mission, but it seemed kind of pointless. I mean, Setsuna and Kou are already level 4. I guess I will do a Memorial Mission next. Plus Im loading in "G"!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
has Bandai said why they're willing to bring this over but not Gundam Senki? Koei games sell better over here?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Not yet, I just did a friendship mission, but it seemed kind of pointless. I mean, Setsuna and Kou are already level 4. I guess I will do a Memorial Mission next. Plus Im loading in "G"!

Make sure to read the descriptions of the Memorial Missions so you know which ones unlock higher rank plans.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Seraphis Cain said:
I'm not noticing any frame rate drops at all over here. Running at a smooth 60FPS as far as I've noticed.

What I DO notice, though, is that some of the lighting effects are, well, really really ugly. Anyone else seeing this? They're like...very, VERY pixelated. It can actually be a bit jarring at times.

I hope it's not just me, otherwise I'm gonna be a bit worried about my PS3's health...

That sounds about right in my experience.

FYI, as far as I can tell the framerate drop is merely from 60fps to around 40 during the musou attacks that blur the screen and stuff. It blends in with the special effects so it might not be noticeable at first glance. Again tho, it still runs so smooth the transitions aren't noticeable as far as I'm concerned.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kaijima said:
That sounds about right in my experience.

FYI, as far as I can tell the framerate drop is merely from 60fps to around 40 during the musou attacks that blur the screen and stuff. It blends in with the special effects so it might not be noticeable at first glance. Again tho, it still runs so smooth the transitions aren't noticeable as far as I'm concerned.

So you're noticing the pixelated lighting too? Good, glad to know it's not just me. :lol

Man do I worry about my PS3's health a lot. Mainly because I can't afford to replace it. Heh.

Also, man, it's ridiculous how powerful Double X is. His C4 can kill enemy aces in virtually one hit. It almost feels like cheating. :lol

Wow the game got me all frustrated. I was almost done with all the tutorial missions (normal) when at the 5 star battle one I my lvl 20 setsuna and 00 Raiser can barely destroy normal mobile suits, without spamming the trans-am.
If 00 isn't glowing red the whole time then you ain't doing it right.

Seraphis Cain said:
I only noticed that in space missions there is field of giant white pixels around my mobile suit. But I forgot to set RGB range to full since I am playing on a monitor, so it solved that problem.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Lostconfused said:
If 00 isn't glowing red the whole time then you ain't doing it right.

I only noticed that in space missions there is field of giant white pixels around my mobile suit. But I forgot to set RGB range to full since I am playing on a monitor, so it solved that problem.

Actually I set my RGB range to full as well and it looks a LOT better.

Ken

What's the highest rank possible for plans and which specific missions unlock them?

Currently at rank 3 and a level 40 Unicorn. Switching to Domon for a bit now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ken said:
What's the highest rank possible for plans and which specific missions unlock them?

Currently at rank 3 and a level 40 Unicorn. Switching to Domon for a bit now.

Rank 4, 100 Missions Completed Memorial Mission.

So, um...I really like the game and all, but...man, I'm just not feelin' the new maps. Not one bit. They just feel so damn repetitive. And for a DW game, that's saying something. I miss the bigger, more open areas that we usually get with Musou games.

Neki

Seraphis Cain said:
Rank 4, 100 Missions Completed Memorial Mission.

So, um...I really like the game and all, but...man, I'm just not feelin' the new maps. Not one bit. They just feel so damn repetitive. And for a DW game, that's saying something. I miss the bigger, more open areas that we usually get with Musou games.

Maps are a bit boring, agreed.

Currently liking the Nu and the Strike Freedom the most. I can basically get most aces down to 1/3 hp on a full thruster bar with the Freedom by canceling the 4th charge attack until I run out of thruster, lol, so cheap. Mobile armors in this game are tough though. I basically only beat the one on Kira's relationship mission by me and Setsuna using Musou and Kira's musou combination attack is too good on those things, and then spamming assists. Why does Setsuna get the best musou and the best partner call 10 hours in? he's too good. :p

Delio

Seraphis Cain said:

I honestly remember from a playthrough of the japanese game a guy going online to get High Level blueprints. Doing the giant enemy mission and as long as he got the last hit he normally got a chance at a high blueprint.

Delio said:
I honestly remember from a playthrough of the japanese game a guy going online to get High Level blueprints. Doing the giant enemy mission and as long as he got the last hit he normally got a chance at a high blueprint.
Yup, that's what I've been doing recently to get some great rank 4 plans. The Big Zam and Forever Four online missions are great for plan farming.

Whee Puro Puro Puro Puro Puro! lol, who in the world is she, it never gets old, (she cant possible do that in the anime too). Some of the voice acting is nice.
That's her whole schtick in ZZ.

Reknoc

Next game needs to have Sandrock in it and whatever the pilot was called. For no reason other than for its pilot, Amuro and Setsuna to have a conversation.

Ken

Reknoc said:
Next game needs to have Sandrock in it and whatever the pilot was called. For no reason other than for its pilot, Amuro and Setsuna to have a conversation.
I'd rather see Mudrock Gundam. I remember it being great in Zeonic Front on PS2.

Top Bottom