• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

Reknoc said:
Next game needs to have Sandrock in it and whatever the pilot was called. For no reason other than for its pilot, Amuro and Setsuna to have a conversation.

I would like to see more of the non UC suits. Ace and mook suits.

Reknoc

I don't even like Wing, I just want Brad Swaile to have a three way conversation with himself.

Though more non-UC suits are always nice.

Edit: Oh he also voiced one of the hideous mutations from Seed. Four way!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I love Unicorn so much. Just prefect for my play style.

I really wish I had learned right away to start levelling up the mobile suit lab from the start though and that there had been a better explanation in game or that laughable manual for how to improve them. Keep developing new parts even if they don't matter, sell them off to make more until you get to level 10.

Though I still dislike how close in the camera is and I dislike just how weak early game for any character feels, I am quite in love with this game over the previous ones. Sure online isn't really there, but damn if it's not an enjoyable and quick way to get money and level 4 parts.

Edit: Also I'm strangely into making Haro bounce faster and faster on the loading screen. It's relaxing.

Ken

KenOD said:
I really wish I had learned right away to start levelling up the mobile suit lab from the start though and that there had been a better explanation in game or that laughable manual for how to improve them. Keep developing new parts even if they don't matter, sell them off to make more until you get to level 10.

Edit: Also I'm strangely into making Haro bounce faster and faster on the loading screen. It's relaxing.
By developing parts do you mean suits or am I missing out on something very important to the game.

Chromax

These confrontation missions are never going to end! :( I think I'll still be doing these by the time Japan have real Gundams flying around.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ken said:
By developing parts do you mean suits or am I missing out on something very important to the game.

Sorry about that, meant to type develop suits. Still too used to talking about 2's system.

Playing a 100 missions sure did take a while so I could get those rank 4 parts, but man is it worth it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Maybe it's just me, but Sazabi feels like a much better MS in this game than in 2. Or at least, I don't actively hate using it like I did in 2.

Alternatively, it seems like my beloved Char's Zaku sucks now. =/

Neki

Koei's good idea of boss AI is just for it to spam a huge ass AOE explosion until death. thanks Koei, thanks.

Ken

KenOD said:
Sorry about that, meant to type develop suits. Still too used to talking about 2's system.

Playing a 100 missions sure did take a while so I could get those rank 4 parts, but man is it worth it.
Is it 100 unique missions played or do repeats count for that memorial mission?

I wish they didnt have timed mission, not that they are hard, just it keeps it so intense trying to take over fields. I dont understand the rooms with barricades and how to get them, I can only ever open just one side of the barricade.

Ken

Dedication Through Light said:
I wish they didnt have timed mission, not that they are hard, just it keeps it so intense trying to take over fields. I dont understand the rooms with barricades and how to get them, I can only ever open just one side of the barricade.
Aren't barricades unlocked by taking over more enemy controlled fields?

Or are you talking about a different type of barricade I probably haven't encountered yet.

Xater

I think the way unlocks, leveling and the whole gameplay works is way more fun than DW7. If only the game had the same great storytelling. That part is really lacking in DW:G3, even DW:G2 did better imo.

MoxManiac

Ah man they changed Kamille's voice actor. I loved his actor in 1 and 2 where he screamed everything at the top of his lungs.

Neki

Negator said:
Fucking
Psycho Gundam
, fuck you!
don't worry, you are gundam!

YOU ARE GUNDAM

10 missions away from ranked 4 plans.

also 00 raiser is the most op suit ever, no doubt about it now. can juggle with just charge attack 5, level 3 air SP kills most aces in one try, and hyper mode builds him at least one meter if there are enough enemies, meaning that he can always be in it

magnetic force field + heat field + charge attack 4/5 is just imba as hell, lol.

Xater

Ultimoo said:
don't worry, you are gundam!

YOU ARE GUNDAM

10 missions away from ranked 4 plans.

also 00 raiser is the most op suit ever, no doubt about it now. can juggle with just charge attack 5, level 3 air SP kills most aces in one try, and hyper mode builds him at least one meter if there are enough enemies, meaning that he can always be in it

magnetic force field + heat field + charge attack 4/5 is just imba as hell, lol.

I love Unicorn. Seems to be able to d the same.

MoxManiac said:
Ah man they changed Kamille's voice actor. I loved his actor in 1 and 2 where he screamed everything at the top of his lungs.
They should've kept "KAMILLE'S A MAN'S NAME AND I'M A MAN"

Xater

donkey show said:
They should've kept "KAMILLE'S A MAN'S NAME AND I'M A MAN"

He still says that sometimes.

I am confused right now. I cleared all the missions of "Those who Doubt" but the whole chapter is not marked as completed. What is going on there?

Reknoc

At least they've seemed to have fixed Hayatos voice. No longer using his Zeta voice with his MSG design.

Banagher is starting to get on my tits a little with the god of possibility nonsense.

Xater said:
I am confused right now. I cleared all the missions of "Those who Doubt" but the whole chapter is not marked as completed. What is going on there?

Might have something to do with because it splits off for certain pilots? Char/Ribbons should still be Those Who Doubt.

Xater

Reknoc said:
Might have something to do with because it splits off for certain pilots? Char/Ribbons should still be Those Who Doubt.

You are right, but I don't see any new missions for those two.

And speaking of voices am I the only one who has the problem that the sound mixing in this game is terrible? The voices are way too low compared to the BGM and SFX. Had to turn those down a lot to even hear what the people are saying. Sadly that does not work for the videos...

Ken

Xater said:

And speaking of voices am I the only one who has the problem that the sound mixing in this game is terrible? The voices are way too low compared to the BGM and SFX. Had to turn those down a lot to even hear what the people are saying. Sadly that does not work for the videos...
Yup. I noticed the weird audio as well.

Swordian

Xater said:

Pick Char and then check the Terminal.

Reknoc said:
At least they've seemed to have fixed Hayatos voice. No longer using his Zeta voice with his MSG design.

Banagher is starting to get on my tits a little with the god of possibility nonsense.

I cant see how Banagher is a compelling protagonist. He just seems angry and looks angry or something.

Reknoc

I cant see how Banagher is a compelling protagonist. He just seems angry and looks angry or something.

From the first three volumes of Unicorn Banagher just seems like a better Kamille who spends too much time crying about war instead getting shit done in his boss Gundam. Also he totally does the creep on Audrey after knowing her for a second.

But yes in the game he seems way too angry and preachy about god and I have no idea where that's coming from and kinda makes me dread the next few volumes (also his voice is wrong).

Still at least he's not Gundam. TOH!

Oh yea. Actual gameplay question. I noticed maxing friendship makes characters Newtypes (even Puru-two), what does that affect? Stats when levelling like the PSP games?

Vhalyar

Reknoc said:
Oh yea. Actual gameplay question. I noticed maxing friendship makes characters Newtypes (even Puru-two), what does that affect? Stats when levelling like the PSP games?
Allows the character to pilot Newtype-only suits. That's it and that's all.

Reknoc

Vhalyar said:
Allows the character to pilot Newtype-only suits. That's it and that's all.

Well that's... kinda lame. Shouldn't Cyber-Newtypes already be able to do that? Or does the game hope you get satisfaction by making them normal Newtypes.

BattleMonkey said:
Banagher is much better character in the anime, the game makes him seem very very annoying

If he was more like his anime counter part most of the mission would be spent him not wanting to do anything because war is bad. It's not his fault though, he hasn't had a Bright to be there to slap him in his place and the Captain of the Niel Are Garma is a bit dumb.

Reknoc said:
If he was more like his anime counter part most of the mission would be spent him not wanting to do anything because war is bad. It's not his fault though, he hasn't had a Bright to be there to slap him in his place and the Captain of the Niel Are Garma is a bit dumb.

Thats nonsense. He spends a couple minutes in regret of what hes done or talking about war, but he gets in and kicks some ass. Unlike most other Gundam series where the protagonist spends several episodes in a catatonic state about war or what they have done.

The kid also gets shit done on his own without needing a bright slap after several emo filled eps

Reknoc

BattleMonkey said:
Thats nonsense. He spends a couple minutes in regret of what hes done or talking about war, but he gets in and kicks some ass. Unlike most other Gundam series where the protagonist spends several episodes in a catatonic state about war or what they have done.

The kid also gets shit done on his own without needing a bright slap after several emo filled eps

Really? I don't need a reason to rewatch it but from what I remember he spends way more time whining or moping over a girl he knew for a second than he does in the seat of his awesome as hell Gundam. Which when it's in its awesome state he's practically a vegetable.

Reknoc said:
Really? I don't need a reason to rewatch it but from what I remember he spends way more time whining or moping over a girl he knew for a second than he does in the seat of his awesome as hell Gundam. Which when it's in its awesome state he's practically a vegetable.

Its been only 3 ova episodes, and he doesn't even start to get concerned about the war thing till the 3rd episode, yet even then he always jumps into the mobile suit and goes out to battle.

It's not like the other Gundam series where we get multiple episodes where the characters just whine about the exact same things for nearly the entire 50 episodes.

As for the instant falling in love/infatuation with the main characters... that basically has been every gundam series since the original

Reknoc said:
It's not his fault though, he hasn't had a Bright to be there to slap him in his place and the Captain of the Niel Are Garma is a bit dumb.
ahhh.jpg

Neki

yes, access to rank 4 plans. now to grind to get them all, haaha!

D:

edit: just got a rank 4 strike freedom, killed a big zam in 15 seconds. my god.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, online would be virtually dead if not for the Japanese players.

Also, kinda hating the later "For Victory" missions. Like 8 missions in a row where you're forced to use a particular pilot/suit, and most of them are awful.

Neki

Seraphis Cain said:

Also, kinda hating the later "For Victory" missions. Like 8 missions in a row where you're forced to use a particular pilot/suit, and most of them are awful.

Pretty sure you have to do that for all of them. I had to do that for the "For Peace" missions. Just make sure you got a decent rank 2 and a 30k training on the guy and it shouldn't be too hard. the only gundam that I've tried so far and hated was the gundam double x, that thing is beyond useless.

Seraphis Cain said:

I dont even know when to go online. I just have like rank 2 plans.

Ribbons suit (Reborns Gundam, I think) is pretty cool, as well as Infinite Justice. I wish there was a fast way to switch out from my main 00 and get Setsuna to pilot others.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ultimoo said:
Pretty sure you have to do that for all of them. I had to do that for the "For Peace" missions. Just make sure you got a decent rank 2 and a 30k training on the guy and it shouldn't be too hard. the only gundam that I've tried so far and hated was the gundam double x, that thing is beyond useless.

Seriously? Double X is one of the most broken suits in the game. His air SP can clear fields in one shot (and by "can" I mean "almost always DOES") and his C4 can one-shot almost every enemy Ace in the game.

Double X is FAR from useless. Seriously. One of the strongest mobile suits in the game is more like it.

Neki

I dont even know when to go online. I just have like rank 2 plans.

Ribbons suit (Reborns Gundam, I think) is pretty cool, as well as Infinite Justice. I wish there was a fast way to switch out from my main 00 and get Setsuna to pilot others.

Go online when you need money. If you want good ranked plans, you'd need to do the memorial missions that unlock them. 100 missions are needed for rank 4 plans. The lower the number of rank the host is (basically closer to zero), the better chance of loot you'll get. I'm level 8 right now. If you want to quickly level up your pilots, do the 30k training, two of those get them to level 25, which unlocks full chain combos and level 3 SP.

Seriously? Double X is one of the most broken suits in the game. His air SP can clear fields in one shot (and by "can" I mean "almost always DOES") and his C4 can one-shot almost every enemy Ace in the game.

Double X is FAR from useless. Seriously. One of the strongest mobile suits in the game is more like it.
I can't stand his playstyle then. His C4 is when he shoots bullets out in front of him right? I remember doing that, it does do good damage, but everything else on him I'm not really feeling. I really like the suits that have a good AOE presence through their charge attacks, like the 00 and Justice. 00 Raiser does a much better job of clearing with just normal attacks, I run Magnetic Field + Heat skills and spam Charge attack 3/4 and can take out fields easily, and you can basically infinitely build bar in his hyper mode. His level 3 air SP basically one shots anyone too.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
And I also meant C5, for Double X.

Damn confusing labeling. I always thought it should go C0-C5, You know, for how many times you press Square/X before pressing Triangle/Y. Would make a LOT more sense that way, if you ask me.

Online could use way more mobile suit, 25 or so with 4 players just isnt cutting it. At least each time online is no less than 10K G. I cant ever focus straight on the story missions. So many history missions with the terrible Gundam suit, milestone missions etc. Plan 3 suits are strong.

Top Bottom