• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Nintendo Digital Event

tookhster

Do you think there'll be more surprises today? Like Majora's Mask? I feel that anything "megaton-worthy" would have been announced in the main digital event.

You never know because they announced Mario Party 10 right after the event, and for example in the past they revealed Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the show floor.

I'm personally hoping for more because I feel extremely disappointed right now other than Zelda and maybe Yoshi.

Firebrand

A tad disappointed with their 3DS showings, not really much new there. I feel it was only last year the 3DS started getting good titles, I was hoping they'd keep that momentum. Aside from hoping future Ace Attorney titles get localized there's nothing announced that I look forward to. Fortunately there's still some of this year's releases like AAvsL and Mario Golf that I've yet to pick up.

mrkgoo

Does Nintendo have an official place to view the event now that it's over?

I tried reading the real time impressions, but it was like 50 posts of "here we go!" "It's happening!", followed by 100 posts of "lol wit?" "Robot chicken?"

I think it'd actually take less time to see for myself b

Edit: oh they have it in their YouTube.

SBH

Yeah, no. Nintendo is my favorite company in gaming but I have been playing pretty much everything since 1998. Be it cs 1.6, psx, ps2, dreamcast, genesis, gamegear... I'm glad Nintendo doesn't cater to the inane crap that kids are into these days, and it will be a sad day if they ever made Metroid into anything resembling COD or Halo. Your assertion that Nintendo fans haven't been exposed to other stuff is ridiculously stupid, and ignores the fact that their games are lauded pretty much universally, not just by Nintendo fans. You are the one that sounds super adolescent by equating maturity and adult with gratuitous hyper violence. That's how a 12 year old that wants to appear grown up thinks, and I'm glad Nintendo doesn't pander to this low hanging fruit

I also found it funny that his gaming tastes have matured to the level of little kids today. Well, back to watching the Treehouse Event.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ummmm, nope.

8CDrnyh.png

Two years of talking about it and you didn't think we'd finally see it?

fasTRapid

Banned
No, Nintendo is.

I failed to see them announcing the return of 3rd party support. Even their main supporter, Ubisoft, is sitting on a finished game waiting to see if the systems sells more.

The problem with Nintendo is that they don't evolve with the times. They're on a bubble and everything outside it doesn't matter.
I moved on with my gaming tastes and they've matured. Yoshi games don't do nothing for me. Sure they're charming, but they're not for me anymore. They're aimed at kids. Most of their games are. Problem is, today's kids don't care about that cute stuff. They want shooters. They want action games.

And this is what's wrong with Nintendo. They refuse to see that. They're sitting on a potential gold mine with Metroid and they don't use the IP. It could be Call of Duty or Halo big. But it's underused.

You probably will not admit this because, let's face it, Nintendo fans are the most sheltered creatures in gaming.
Exactly. Their stuck in the past and completely disconnected, just as the seemingly many (vocal minority much) Ninty fans. I don't wanted to come back to this thread, because I already knew that most of the guys in here would just quote my avatar to somehow disregard my point, but at least someone gets it. So thank you.

So with the dearth of new 3DS announcements thus far (though there's at least one more coming), does it seem to anyone else that Nintendo is diverting resources from it in an attempt to "save" Wii U, as futile as that is?

Storm Breaking

Neo Member
Really strong E3 showing from Nintendo. Good on them. Convincing people that a Wii U is a system worth buying has been an uphill battle, but I think we're getting to the point where a Wii U is worth having.

Still, things like the 3 new Miyamoto games upset me because they should have been shopping these games around at least a year ago, and given us something substantial this year. Showing off a working, beyond concept Star Fox plus two new games would have gone a long way in convincing people that Nintendo is more than just the Mario/Zelda/Kirby studio.

Still, from what I could have expected from Nintendo, this is more than I thought we would get. Toad and new Canvas Curse stood out. I'll probably buy a Wii U this year. You got me again, Nintendo.

Chaos17

Why people are saying there are no title for the 3DS ?
So far they annouced :
Phoenix right collection
Phoenix Wright x Layton
SMT 4
Fantasy Life
Smash Bross

And that's just for now.

Does Nintendo gave can official place to view the event now that it's over?

I tried reading the real time impressions, but it was like 50 posts of "here we go!" "It's happening!", followed by 100 posts of "lol wit?" "Robot chicken?"

I think it'd actually take less time to see for myself b
Here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GisRY6h100U&feature=share&list=PL2JiZAV5BmDVb1fcG806HoyBYNMzED0uy

maxcriden

A bit LTTP here, but--is that 3DS roundtable still happening tonight, and do we know what game it's about? Or was it the SSB one only tonight? Thanks!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Saw this in the OP

jbfDInJC55YnBY.png

Mii Fighters confirmed for Smash 3DS and Wii U.
S,ash 3DS coming October 3rd, Wii U Holiday
Yoshi's Wolly World coming in 2015 for Wii U.
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker coming in 2015 for Wii U.
The Legend of Zelda Wii U Shown for 2015. Open World.
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse coming 2015 for Wii U.
Mario Maker coming in 2015.
Bayonetta 1 will be included with Bayonetta 2 for Wii U, coming in 2014.
Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming 2015 for Wii U.
Paluntena from Kid Icarus confirmed for Super Smash Bros. Dark Pit teased?

The press kit on Nintendo's site says that Captain Toad is coming holiday 2014.

Caladrius

Splatoon looks really really fun. Is this a legit new Nintendo IP? The first in along time if so.

(future Smash Bros character)

It is indeed.

Squid-girls for Smash.

Depending on how far we want to stretch the definition of a new IP, Tomodachi Life came out last year

TriGen

As someone that owns a Wii U, PS4 and XBO, I gotta say I felt they all did good, but none were spectacular. Nobody had like a massive new game for this year, all the 2015 stuff we didn't get a good gameplay look at, but there is some exciting stuff in the future and they all have a few decent exclusive for their fans this year, we just kind of already knew a lot about them

So, basically Nintendo has my most anticipated future game in Zelda, it looks amazing (I wanted a modern OoT, MM, TP style too, until I saw the beautiful thing we saw that looked like a jaw-dropping painting in motion) and the design Aonuma talked about is exactly the direction I want them to take the series, so that's great. But, yeah, I really have never experienced an E3 with so little new games for the calendar year they were revealed in. Nintendo especially has a history of usually having a real big game or two come out the same year they were revealed at E3, but Toad is it for Wii U, everything else was know ahead of time (Hyrule, Smash, Bayo). With Sony, LBP3 was the only new reveal to go with DriveClub and TLoUR and Microsoft's new announcement was the Halo collection (it leaked but it was a new E3 announcement) to go with Sunset Overdrive and Horizon. That just feels light to me. So, yeah, the future might be bright and the there are some games coming this year that looked good, but not enough 2014 stuff overall and not enough gameplay looks at 2015 titles (which makes you worry about possible delays since we've dealt with so many in the last year).

I said I'd give Sony and MS a 'B' and I feel the same for Nintendo, they were solid, there were moments worth getting excited over, but something was missing from all of them to make me call any of them great. A solid effort by all, but no clear winner to me.

Mr Swine

Banned
So I guess that Nintendo will never get any FF RPG game for neither 3DS or Wii U? Seems that SE is avoiding the Wii U With the PSP port of FF :/

I'm seeing a lot of good scores in this thread. How is that even possible? Very few new games were shown. Instead of showing games, they talked about them. For example, why would they talk for ten minutes about how awesome the new world design in Zelda is and how it influences the gameplay, without letting us see it first hand? Why did they not show us any gameplay from X? Why would they end the show on announcing some boring ass characters for Smash Bros, instead of introducing a new game? Why have Miyamoto there unless he would announce something new? Have Nintendo fans really been forced to lower their expectations so much that they would consider this a triumph?

Ok, Bayonetta included in Bayonetta 2 is great, the Toad game looked pretty cool and the humorous opening and battle between Iwata and Reggie was pretty cool. (Incidentally, notice how Iwata seemed to lose most of the time? Is this a sign he will be replaced by Reggie soon?) These things save the conference from being a total disaster. But there was nothing in this conference that will convince anyone except the already devout to save Nintendo from their horrible situation.

4/10

For comparison

MS: 5/10
EA: 3/10 (but I will probably lower this to 2/10)
Ubi: 6/10
Sony: 6/10

Mokujin

Once the action started it was 100% aparent we were watching a film. No way will the game look and control like that.

He jumped off a horse, pulled out a bow and arrow and shot the robot in mid air. You really think that is in game?

It was a cutscene in the game engine, a bazillion games do this but its not the same as a CGI scene, so whats your point?

Top Bottom