• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 [ it's over :( ]

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
I'm getting a very Giant Bomb esqe vibe from these presenters, really like it.

Game looks like it was designed with speed runs in mind, definitely going to snag it.

Who are these presenters again? They're not any of the devs/localisation staff, are they? Are they Marketing/PR folks?

I mean, say what you will about the game on display right now, but this presentation's great. It's natural, charming conversation which half the journos can't pull off on their respective streams at this E3. This is great.

At the beginning the one woman said to be prepared for some awkwardness ("things might get weird") because everyone presenting are just staff.

In reality, her talking and these guys are behaving more naturally on camera than I probably ever could.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Localization then? Cool.

Yeah, I guess I wasn't exactly clear on what the Treehouse was if it wasn't dev. itself.

The Nintendo Treehouse is the name of the localization team/crew for NoA. They've always been a group of chill people that interact with the community, going all the way back to the Loudhouse (Nintendo's old AOL chatroom in like 1996)

Jagsrock

Banned
is it just me or does it look like the visuals are better than anything we saw in 3d world? It just looks so clean. Anyways I'm super happy they decided to expand on the captain toad levels.

bfwings55

is it just me or does it look like the visuals are better than anything we saw in 3d world? It just looks so clean. Anyways I'm super happy they decided to expand on the captain toad levels.

It looks exactly the same as 3D World from what I'm seeing.

dkeane

So glad Nintendo is doing this. Great stuff so far.

By the end of the stream these presenters are going to be loopy.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
game looks neat. not 60 euro neat though. I'd bite at 30.

Nintendo is winning this E3 with regards to format of displaying their wares so far. This kind of instructor lead showcase and no live event is the way games should be shown.

Linkyn

They may be using the MK8 engine. Also, the levels are a lot smaller, so you can make them more detailed. But you're right, it looks great. They definitely could've gone with something a lot more simplistic if they wanted. But then again, we're talking about EAD here.

NateDrake

This game is going to be an amazing puzzle game. Nintendo has done great with small releases this generation on 3DS/Wii U. Such a simple game, but it looks amazing.

Top Bottom