• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Nintendo Treehouse Live @ E3 [ it's over :( ]

xaszatm

Banned
I'm really impressed by this Treehouse thing so far. The people are very likable, they can play the game really well, they aren't afraid to poke fun at each other. It's very casual and feels like they are a group of guys having fun rather than making it seem "professional." Also, isn't it nice to have gamplay videos at a Video Game Expo?

The Captain Toad levels were some of my favorite diversions from SM3DW. I dunno how well it will translate to a full game, but these levels look fun! I just wonder if Nintendo plans on it being a full $60 release or not.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I want some "Demo is live now" bombs Nintendo ;p

Really hope they could do that with Splatoon...

Honestly I thought they were going to announce it for the Eshop during the conference, it looks finished.

stuminus3

This whole Treehouse thing is pretty cool. It's like watching a Let's Play, it's got that laid back dudes on the couch vibe.

VanWinkle

Really curious about Splatoon, particularly content-wise. The game seems so centered around this "mode" shall we say, that I have to wonder if there are other modes, and, more importantly, a single-player campaign. If it's just the one mode, it would lead me to believe that it may just be an eShop title.

Jagsrock

Banned
I'm really impressed by this Treehouse thing so far. The people are very likable, they can play the game really well, they aren't afraid to poke fun at each other. It's very casual and feels like they are a group of guys having fun rather than making it seem "professional." Also, isn't it nice to have gamplay videos at a Video Game Expo?

I agree it's really enjoyable. It's nice to see unscripted gameplay with devs just having fun.

tanooki27

it's dawning on me that - at this moment in time, and likely for months to come - the best games are on wii u.

my PS4 will pay dividends in 2015, but that's more than half a year away.

rainz

Nintendo have nailed how to present in an engaging way this year. So good to see, and for me unexpected as well.

Pachimari

All of these games for Wii U and I haven't even gotten New Super Mario Bros, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Wind Waker or Mario Kart 8 yet.

I guess Splatoon is a retail release as well?

AdanVC

It looks exactly the same as 3D World from what I'm seeing.

Judging from the screenshots and the gameplay footage. It really looks better than SM3DW. The models and assets are essentially identical, but the overall lighting and AA looks way better on this game.

khaaan

Ugh, Splatoons aiming is gyro but the camera is on the analog? It's not a horrible control scheme and since it doesn't look like something that needs aiming precision it might be okay but still a bummer.

Magnus

This game looks like so much fucking fun.

I worry that the sound effect of paint constantly sputtering out of your gun will get old though.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Wow, Pink sucks. Shameful.

I can see Nintendo selling hat Amiibos for your character or something.

Top Bottom