• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucreto

I hope Sony revives the Classic HD Collection. It would be a good filler for this year if there are no major AAA games this Christmas period.

Uncharted Collection, Ratchet Future Collection, Puppeteer Remaster.

From late 2011 to late 2012 there was a Jak Collection, Classic Ratchet Collection, Ico Collection.

Cut the cord.

Proceed with cryogenic sleep. Wake time set for June 14 2015.

nah if i don't have a choice i prefer this

img-thing

Kyoufu

I think the worst part of teasing or leaking something with a date attached is the risk of it being pushed back, which actually happens frequently.

Ishan

Do we have any time frame for witness ? 2015 ? That game had some buzz but it seems like nms became the "big" indie ps4 game . Witness is still atleast a times exclusive .... It's big imo

Those of you saying you don't want leaks, why are you in here? It's a minefield.

Seriously, stay away from this thread if you want genuine surprises.

I think theres a difference between actively encouraging leaks/insider info and seeing them when they arrive.

When you are on places like NeoGaf and twitter, in a lot of cases too following people from Gaf etc, you will see things even if you don't go looking for them, to disconnect would be to stop using them.

If we get any leaks, that is fine, there is plenty floating around. Although I guess its up to the studios/publishers to keep things as quiet as they can on their end.

Bousf

So.. What is the consensus on Kingdom Hearts III?

Is it reasonable to expect it to be shown? :p
SE said "news coming on D23 Expo" but they have a track record for throwing things out of nowhere so I wouldn't rule it out. Don't expect a major blowout trailer though, game must be super early.

That been said, I feel like SE is holding its own event for heavy Western titles presence and something "new IP-ish
even possibly Agni-related
", dunno, it feels kinda like that to me lol

Ahnez

I haven't heard anyone say otherwise, but sure

won't show up again until 2016 either way, but sure

FFXV will be there, but I think KHIII will skip this year's E3.

I'm thinking TGS or that other Disney event in Japan is more plausible.

It's possible that we'll see something, but I wouldn't expect more than another 30 second tease.

i think there will be a trailer. And most likely a Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 (and maybe DDD HD) collection.

SE said "news coming on D23 Expo" but they have a track record for throwing things out of nowhere so I wouldn't rule it out. Don't expect a major blowout trailer though, game must be super early.

That been said, I feel like SE is holding its own event for heavy Western titles presence and something "new IP-ish
even possibly Agni-related
", dunno, it feels kinda like that to me lol

Right.

I know we're far from release, its probably in a very early development stage

But still, I would like it not to become another Versus XIII, where they release a single trailer every 3 years.. :p

The less leaks, the better.
I agree. When any kind of leak happens, especially so close to E3, it takes the wind out of my sails. E3 is about the announcements, the ones you'll remember and talk about. When those announcements are leaked, it's a bummer. I love the excitement for E3 when less is known.

So.. What is the consensus on Kingdom Hearts III?

Is it reasonable to expect it to be shown? :p
I'm pretty confident we'll see something. They can't hold a conference this year and not show one of their biggest titles so many people have been waiting for.

rrc1594

No leaks is making time go slower, but I'm okay with no leaks. Didn't judges week just end, I'm sure leaks will happen in some way. Mostly I'm sure it will be 3rd party doe.

Jomjom

Banned
I love remasters. Have all of the Sony 1st party ones on the PS3 and PS4. Have loads of the third party remasters as well, but come on UC remaster is in no way a replacement for UC4.

Bousf

I love remasters. Have all of the Sony 1st party ones on the PS3 and PS4. Have loads of the third party remasters as well, but come on UC remaster is in no way a replacement for UC4.
It's either that or nothing because the game's getting delayed anyway xD

It's actually nice if they choose to have other studio remaster the games in order to ease the fanbase's wait I'd say.

GnawtyDog

Banned
That has been known for a while, and it's was totally expected. Like you said "It's the worst kept secret"

What secret? :eek:

WB game better not be an inception game....smh, too many good DC characters to pick. Worst thing out of WB would be inception - unless I am totally floored by some weird stuff. Gimme Superman or Ninja Turtles....safe bet/print money/hype.

Let's say you receive, by mistake, an entire e3 presentation video from a company, like Nintendo or Sony.

1. Would you post it online and screw with the company / viewers surprise / e3 event?
  2. Let's say, the guy who sent you that presentation, ask you politely to do not share, would you still do?

ps: I thought about make an entire thread out of it but I can't create threads yet. It's more like an ethical question.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Let's say you receive, by mistake, an entire e3 presentation video from a company, like Nintendo or Sony.

1. Would you post it online and screw with the company / viewers surprise / e3 event?
  2. Let's say, the guy who sent you that presentation, ask you politely to do not share, would still do?

ps: I thought about make an entire thread out of it but I can't create threads yet. It's more like an ethical question.

I would just leave it be, no need to spoil an entire conference

So I went through that dude's timeline and he also basically says it will have different characters than the movie and Nolan wanted the sequel to be a videogame. It's super weird that a dude working for WB is leaking stuff about his own company though, if IGN and stuff pick this up he's going to get into trouble.

Leflus

2. Let's say, the guy who sent you that presentation, ask you politely to do not share, would you still do?

I would post it, but act as if it was my own predictions.

I'd be on board with an Inception game. Plenty of potential in level & mission design in that universe. If they are indeed billing it as a sequel, that's the really interesting bit. I assume they'd go forward with one of the smaller side characters from the film (to leave Cobb's ending appropriately unresolved).

I'd keep it to myself. Don't want to spoil the surprises for everyone and I don't want to incur the wrath of said corporations if they find out I'm the one who leaked the information.

Plus I'm not an attention whore.

Tregard

Soothsayer
So I went through that dude's timeline and he also basically says it will have different characters than the movie and Nolan wanted the sequel to be a videogame. It's super weird that a dude working for WB is leaking stuff about his own company though, if IGN and stuff pick this up he's going to get into trouble.

If you're going to burn bridges, make sure the fire's worthwhile.

How would it play though? I'm imagining something almost LA Noire-esque

Ishan

I would make a lot of bets :))

Luke_Wal

An Inception game would be SWEET. Love that movie. Would I probably rather see a real, AAA Superman game with the budget of an Arkham game? Sure. But I would totally settle for Inceltion, partially just because I'm so curious to see how you make that into a game with real mechanics.

Ellen Page or get out of my face

Also, the title would totally be Inception: subtitle. I'd be shocked to see it as anything else.

Pennywise

I think theres a difference between actively encouraging leaks/insider info and seeing them when they arrive.

When you are on places like NeoGaf and twitter, in a lot of cases too following people from Gaf etc, you will see things even if you don't go looking for them, to disconnect would be to stop using them.

If we get any leaks, that is fine, there is plenty floating around. Although I guess its up to the studios/publishers to keep things as quiet as they can on their end.

Not always possible, publishers try it pretty hard usually.

A video being uploaded to fast, people digging up stuff or just someone who might have heard anything.
There are so many methods of stuff being leaked, but it still looks pretty good.
Finally people keep their mouth shut.

I like some minor leaks that gets a discussion going, prefer it over people just going up with the wildest guessing.
It's kinda nice to see that there are barely any direct conformations and stuff that spoils everything.

I heard some stuff about Sony Japan first hand, but you influence so many people with it, it's not worth spoiling it.
People who don't wanna see leaks would see them, the person who gave the info might be at risk and people would never be satisfied either way.
If there is one thing you learned throughout the last 3-4 years with major things being leaked, both announcements and backround information, people always wanted to know more.

Well we still got some days left, and already got a pretty good idea which games might be on stage from those that haven't been even announced yet (Fallout,Horizon,GoW HD)
No reason to get spoiled any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom