• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Hm, IX would be interesting, but that's not very old. And the older ones would require way too much work to get up to modern standards from a gameplay perspective (it would make Type-0 look like child's play).

Don't see it happening unless it's one of the newer titles honestly.

You mean graphical, not gameplay, right?

Leading up to E3, it's always nice to have a bit of a refresher.

HDkAC96.jpg

nQGN6hT.jpg

List didn't include Grim Fandango & other 'PS4 console exclusives' like Magicka 2/Dungeon Defenders 2.

Only SFV as that's the 'big one that gets people talking.' /sarcasm

Nice lists but weren't Hohokum, Doki Doki Universe and CounterSpy announced in Game Informer?

Pachimari

I picked up Hot Shots Vita last week during the flash sale. Hadn't played one before and I find it way better than Mario Golf. Can't wait for a PS4 version.

I always liked the hot shots series since its debut on ps1. Maybe it the funny characters and/or that there is much to collect. The physics of the game are great too (excluding the super spin that you can apply)

Hot Shots is a phenomenal game, especially when you play in online lobbies with other gaffers. Had some fantastic nights playing. If I still had a Vita, I would definitely want to start up another lobby.

I hope we'll see more from the PS4 version this E3. They have been awfully quiet.

Hm, IX would be interesting, but that's not very old. And the older ones would require way too much work to get up to modern standards from a gameplay perspective (it would make Type-0 look like child's play).

Don't see it happening unless it's one of the newer titles honestly.

Arnt all DQ games turn based? I think it should be fine.
I was 99% sure it would be DQ8, but then the 3ds remake was announced so my dreams were dashed. Im honestly not sure what it would be unless DQ8 3ds version is a japan exclusive and DQ8HD comes out a year or so later on current gen WW.

RPGamer92

Banned
FF Versus's plans changed many times over the course of a few months. Can't really blame him for that.

He's been right a LOT of times.

Still, his Suikoden VI, Xenosaga HD and Dragon quest Hd remaster (he didn't specify
which but VIII's now out of the picture...) seem highly doubtful to me.
There could be a PS4 version of DQX coming since the producer said he would like to see that. Harada has hinted at Xenosaga HD multiple times iirc, and Suikoden may have been a thing in December when he first teased it but like SH, could've have been cancelled in the last couple of months.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I didn't want to make a new one or necro one.

Anyone got any info on Magic Duels: Origins? I suppose hey would be at E3 when they are supposed to be releasing later this year.

This is supposed to be the Hearthstoned version of Magic: The Gathering if someone was unawere. For PS4/XBO/PC/tablets.

Pachimari

There could be a PS4 version of DQX coming since the producer said he would like to see that. Harada has hinted at Xenosaga HD multiple times iirc, and Suikoden may have been a thing in December when he first teased it but like SH, could've have been cancelled in the last couple of months.

Dragon Quest X might hit PS4, but it'll never hit the West. I can't see it happening, after so many months on the market, on both Wii U and PC.

Eolz

For Xenosaga HD, Harada also said multiple times he wouldn't like to make it without Monolith support. I doubt Nintendo would allow a PS4 exclusive if Namco won't develop it without them.

salromano

For Xenosaga HD, Harada also said multiple times he wouldn't like to make it without Monolith support. I doubt Nintendo would allow a PS4 exclusive if Namco won't develop it without them.

As far as I'm aware (and correct me if I'm wrong), while Monolith Soft indeed developed the Xenosaga series, the property itself is owned by Bandai Namco. That said, Nintendo would have no say in an HD collection's development for other platforms.

Circinus

Seriously if they spend any more time talking about TV shows and movies at E3 we gotta tweet shu and tell him to keep that stuff outta this event.

Save that stuff for CES or something. E3 should be focused on gaming and gaming related content.

CES is a consumer electronics show, not a show for entertainment media.

Maybe you mean events like WonderCon, Comic con etc.

Also, yes, like previous years they might show TV stuff and movie stuff that is related to PlayStation. They won't show just random movies/TV series from Sony Pictures like SPECTRE or something, but stuff that has some relation to PlayStation they might talk about it. Like PlayStation Originals (like Powers last year), like PlayStation Vue, like the Ratchet & Clank film.

They probably have more PlayStation Originals in the works. And they might also show a new Ratchet & Clank trailer for the film!! ^.^

And I hope they will finally announce casting for The Last of Us film and the Uncharted film!

Tapejara

And I hope they will finally announce casting for The Last of Us film and the Uncharted film!

I wonder if they'll get Annie Wersching to play Tess. She's the original VA and would fit the live action role well, but she's predominantly a TV actress (24, Extant, The Vampire Diaries) so I wonder if the producers would want a bigger name.

I'm starting to get this feeling we'll see a new Metroid and Mario game at the digital event. That would explain why they made Metroid Prime Trilogy and Galaxy 2 avaliable at the eShop.

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

komplanen

I wonder if we'll see anything cool this year that'll be available during or very shortly after E3 like P.T. was.

A beta for something cool would be awesome.

Jigolo

CES is a consumer electronics show, not a show for entertainment media.

Maybe you mean events like WonderCon, Comic con etc.

Also, yes, like previous years they might show TV stuff and movie stuff that is related to PlayStation. They won't show just random movies/TV series from Sony Pictures like SPECTRE or something, but stuff that has some relation to PlayStation they might talk about it. Like PlayStation Originals (like Powers last year), like PlayStation Vue, like the Ratchet & Clank film.

They probably have more PlayStation Originals in the works. And they might also show a new Ratchet & Clank trailer for the film!! ^.^

What makes you so obsessed with Ratchet & Clank

LiamR

A few things. I leaked that the new Skylanders game was going to be about vehicles this year a couple of days ago:

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/602197483259854848

That appears to have been corroborated by the Skylanders Wikia admins, who claim to have been fed info from Activision employees. They claim its name is 'Skylanders Overdrive' although I admittedly did not have a name. EDIT: I now believe this to be false. I cannot get any confirmation that its name is Overdrive, but it will definitely feature vehicles!

I also can say that Uncharted Remastered is happening.

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/602195979455045632

Hope you guys trust me, because I have no reason to lie about any of this. I'm one of the Unseen64 admins for those who've never heard of me. I get to talk to a lot of people in the industry, which is why I'm fortunate enough to get info like this and since I don't work in the industry myself, I'm not under any obligation to keep things hush hush most of the time.

Eolz

As far as I'm aware (and correct me if I'm wrong), while Monolith Soft indeed developed the Xenosaga series, the property itself is owned by Bandai Namco. That said, Nintendo would have no say in an HD collection's development for other platforms.

You're perfectly correct. I'm just saying there is a special relationship between those three, and that if Namco would only work with Monolith's help or approval, Nintendo would know and have a say about it.
Just like they worked on Project X Zone, Super Robot Taisen, Dragon Ball Z, etc while being owned by Nintendo. My point is that while Nintendo wouldn't mind Monolith Soft working on other properties (just as before), an exclusive elsewhere would be impossible, while a multiplatform title would have a better chance.
While they could perfectly do it without Monolith Soft, Bandai Namco still have respect for them, and wouldn't probably work on it without their "benediction"...

Anyway, last news is that there still isn't enough supporters of a Xenosaga HD port.

Liamc723

A few things. I leaked that the new Skylanders game was going to be about vehicles this year a couple of days ago:

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/602197483259854848

That appears to have been corroborated by the Skylanders Wikia admins, who claim to have been fed info from Activision employees. They claim its name is 'Skylanders Overdrive' although I admittedly did not have a name.

I also can say that Uncharted Remastered is happening.

https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/602195979455045632

Hope you guys trust me, because I have no reason to lie about any of this. I'm one of the Unseen64 admins for those who've never heard of me.

Would you like to prove some proof of the Uncharted Remaster then?

LiamR

Would you like to prove some proof of the Uncharted Remaster then?

No, you either can not believe me or you can take my word for it because I don't out my sources and I never lie about any of this stuff. For the record though, that particular tidbit came from a contact of mine in retail who deals closely with the UK branch of Playstation.

Circinus

What makes you so obsessed with Ratchet & Clank

Not really obsessed, but it's just a great franchise imho.

I like the characters, the mix of platforming and shooting gameplay, the sci-fi universe, the humour (sometimes), the story, the art style / graphics. Just the whole package is great imho. No other games come close to delivering a 3D action-platforming game with a more cartoony aesthetic with an interesting story and universe.

It's also one of the few console games for which I have some nostalgia for, because I mostly played PC strategy games (Red Alert 2, Heroes of Might & Magic III, Age of Empires/Mythologies, Roller Coaster Tycoon etc) when I was a kid.

So, i guess WB is working on a VR exclusive game for Morpheus

Please, elaborate? :) Sounds interesting.

DNAbro

No, you either can not believe me or you can take my word for it because I don't out my sources and I never lie about any of this stuff. For the record though, that particular tidbit came from a contact of mine in retail who deals closely with the UK branch of Playstation.

mods might contact you to verify. I don't think you would have a reason to lie, especially about such minor things.

Liamc723

You'll have to share your sources with mods if they contact you though. If you're not banned, then we'll believe you.

Jigolo

Ratchet & Clank is awesome. Why are YOU not obsessed?
Haha. I used to be. I owned every single one on PS2 and played the local multiplayer one constantly with friends.
Not really obsessed, but it's just a great franchise imho.

I like the characters, the mix of platforming and shooting gameplay, the sci-fi universe, the humour (sometimes), the story, the art style / graphics. Just the whole package is great imho. No other games come close to delivering a 3D action-platforming game with a more cartoony aesthetic with an interesting story and universe.

It's also one of the few console games for which I have some nostalgia for, because I mostly played PC strategy games (Red Alert 2, Heroes of Might & Magic III, Age of Empires/Mythologies, Roller Coaster Tycoon etc) when I was a kid.
Maybe its just my perception but 90% of your posts feel like they are R&C related and I was just curious. Interesting history.

Eolz

I really doubt someone from Unseen64 would have any reason to lie about this kind of thing...
It's obvious why you don't tell everyone about your sources.

LiamR

Is this a racing game in the vein of ModNation Racers? Or a usual Skylanders game with vehicles added?

Honestly, I don't know. I was just told that vehicles are the new gimmick in this one. I don't know exactly how that will play out. I guess we'll see soon.

Ishan

Honestly, I don't know. I was just told that vehicles are the new gimmick in this one. I don't know exactly how that will play out. I guess we'll see soon.

If the last letter in your username was an N I would trust you alt more :p haha no I'm sure you'll be fine I thinking ppl already poste what you said on Twitter here two days back with the reasoning that you don't tent to make stuff up :)

Auctopus

Hopefully, it's just the barebones UC2 multiplayer but it's most likely going to be the F2P ridden, community splitting UC3 multiplayer.

LiamR

If the last letter in your username was an N I would trust you alt more :p haha no I'm sure you'll be fine I thinking ppl already poste what you said on Twitter here two days back with the reasoning that you don't tent to make stuff up :)

Yep! At the end of the day, how would that benefit me? It wouldn't. People would just dismiss what I say and I don't want that, especially with some of the things I will be releasing in the coming months.

Also, I do not have any specific information on the collection other than that it is the first 3 games (I never asked because they seemed quite busy).

FelipeMGM

Yep! At the end of the day, how would that benefit me? It wouldn't. People would just dismiss what I say and I don't want that, especially with some of the things I will be releasing in the coming months.

Also, I do not have any specific information on the collection other than that it is the first 3 games (I never asked because they seemed quite busy).

Do you know whos is porting this games? I think Bluepoint is a safe guess

Oh man, an Uncharted trilogy pack now - and I just re-bought all three games for the PS3. =/

Ouch.

UC3 introduced me to the series (I kept begging my parents to buy it for me
I was 14 at that time, and it is rated 16+ here
), played the hell out of both SP & MP, but never felt the urge to play UDF or U2 until after TLoU released. With PS4's release in sight I however decided to hold off until a remastered collection appears. Oh, well. Worked out for one more year and I finally played UDF & U2 in last year's summer.

TomShoe

Banned
Do you know whos is porting this games? I think Bluepoint is a safe guess

They certainly seem like the most likely candidate. I believe they finished their 360 port of Titanfall back in 2014 and they haven't announced what they've been working on since. They've been doing mostly PS titles since 2009 (only exceptions are MGS HD & Titanfall, both on 360).

FelipeMGM

They certainly seem like the most likely candidate. I believe they finished their 360 port of Titanfall back in 2014 and they haven't announced what they've been working on since. They've been doing mostly PS titles since 2009 (only exceptions are MGS HD & Titanfall, both on 360).

Also this job title indicates that they are working on something:

http://bluepointgames.com/employment-opportunities/character-artist-contract/

Some older job listing also indicated that they were working in a remaster of a handheld game for next gen consoles (Maybe Gravity Rush PS4)

We certainly know more about Nintendo's 2015 plans than the three items on that bullet point:

- Mario Maker demo/ release date
- Yoshi's Woolly World demo/ release date
- Next Level Games project (their last game released in Febrary 2013)?

Boke1879

Thanks for confirmation on the Collection. It just makes the most sense.

Also I'm glad that even though you may have other info in regards to E3 that you're deciding not to leak them. Thanks.

Luke_Wal

With the number of games they're putting out this year, I've started thinking it's almost weird that Square Enix and Bethesda are having conferences while WB isn't. Is anybody with me? This year alone, they're putting out/have already put out:

MK X
Witcher (in America)
Dying Light
Arkham Knight
Lego Jurassic World
Lego Avengers
Mad Max
Lego Dimensions
Gauntlet

On top of the unannounced PS4 exclusive, Injustice 2 (confirmed to already be in development, signaling to me that NRS is going multi team), and Mordor 2, WB has quietly grown itself a massive portfolio of games and studios. In a year where even smaller publishers are having conferences, is it weird that they're not?

Breakless

Banned
Nintendo:

StarFox Wii U
Wolf in Smash Trailer
Yoshis Wooly World
Animal Crossing U
Paper Mario U
Mother 3 VC
Ryu in Smash Trailer

Sony:

Last Guardian (Yes I really think it will be here)
Uncharted 4
Ratchet and Clank

Microsoft:

Banjo Threeie
Halo 5
Battletoads for XBA

Square Enix:

FF15
KH3

Bethesda:

Fallout 4
Doom 4

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I didn't want to make a new one or necro one.

Anyone got any info on Magic Duels: Origins? I suppose hey would be at E3 when they are supposed to be releasing later this year.

This is supposed to be the Hearthstoned version of Magic: The Gathering if someone was unawere. For PS4/XBO/PC/tablets.
Supposed to be out in July on XB1 & PC, with PS4 stated as "later this year"

delSai

With the number of games they're putting out this year, I've started thinking it's almost weird that Square Enix and Bethesda are having conferences while WB isn't. Is anybody with me? This year alone, they're putting out/have already put out:

MK X
Witcher (in America)
Dying Light
Arkham Knight
Lego Jurassic World
Lego Avengers
Mad Max
Lego Dimensions
Gauntlet

On top of the unannounced PS4 exclusive, Injustice 2 (confirmed to already be in development, signaling to me that NRS is going multi team), and Mordor 2, WB has quietly grown itself a massive portfolio of games and studios. In a year where even smaller publishers are having conferences, is it weird that they're not?

When all those new conferences got announced i was hoping WB would do the same. Guess they will show their stuff at the other conferences and maybe next year they will do their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom