• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

klaushm

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope EA does not fuck up Mirrors Edge 2, the first was a wonderful game and was so excited when they announced a new one. A simple decision EA has made in making NFS online only has killed my excitement for the game so quickly, here's to hoping they don't make such an idiotic decision with ME2. :/

Already done. I'm sorry been the one giving you this message...

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope EA does not fuck up Mirrors Edge 2, the first was a wonderful game and was so excited when they announced a new one. A simple decision EA has made in making NFS online only has killed my excitement for the game so quickly, here's to hoping they don't make such an idiotic decision with ME2. :/

EA don't make offline games anymore (thats a literal quote from Peter Moore).

Adjust your hype and expectations accordingly

jayu26

What if the money is exaggerated because MS bought all of the Konami gaming IPs? Read their letter

Stop this. Stop clinging at straws and let it die.

Speaking of Tales from Ass, does anyone remember the awesome Tales from Ass thread last year where Bish kept changing the title. That one was at least entertaining.

Already done. I'm sorry been the one giving you this message...

EA don't make offline games anymore (thats a literal quote from Peter Moore).

Adjust your hype and expectations accordingly

GYFrtpz.gif

Fuck.

The only thing I remember people being hyped about was the third-party exclusive rumour, Tomb Raider was announced but not as an exclusive, which came at Gamescom.

Ntkrnl had already blown pretty much the entire conference except for Ori, the big announcements: Halo 5 Guardians, Forza Horizon 2 were made shortly before hand, and the rest, MCC, Crackdown, Scalebound were leaked.

Didn't leave much else to be hyped about, given Ntkrnl happened 5 months before E3

PSX on the other hand...

I don't think PSX was overhyped and I was there for the hype train. I don't think you should be judging how over/under hyped a conference is by how much people who are willing to believe any and everything.

Doffen

I will keep it clean and short so it doesn't become a stupid fight.

You stated Microsoft have a deal with a lot of games from EA.

I said that Dragon Age: Inquisition sold more on PS4 than on Xbox One, knowing about that deal.
It wasn't effective enough.
Or maybe it was and that's why Microsoft isn't in a worse situation? Don't know.

You answered me saying that doesn't change the fact they got the DLC first.

I've said it was ok, because even with that, they didn't got the sales.
Even for they other major games. And I said they were only beneficial for EA, not Microsoft.

I didn't say you mentioned it. I've made it clear, only this õ.o

Edit: To finish this, come here. Give me a handshake and let's have some beer. Or orange juice. I love orange juice.

Some deals are beneficial for Xbox, and some are not.
I believe that Titanfall and Madden are among the deals that has pushed a few Xbox One units, while Inquisition most likely didn't.

Again my original post was just my take on where the rumor of MS buying EA originated from.

Oh and I only drink akvavit ;)

I don't think PSX was overhyped and I was there for the hype train. I don't think you should be judging how over/under hyped a conference is by how much people who are willing to believe any and everything believe.

What else am I meant to judge it on? I spend most of my message board time on Gaf, PSX had everything over here iirc, tons of teases, even PMs going round I think? That event was through the roof.

Ended up being what I thought it would be, not sure others felt that way though.

Kyoufu

What else am I meant to judge it on? I spend most of my message board time on Gaf, PSX had everything over here iirc, tons of teases, even PMs going round I think? That event was through the roof.

Ended up being what I thought it would be, not sure others felt that way though.

Uncharted 4 gameplay and Street Fighter V were delicious. Ultima Troll was amazing too.

The show delivered for me.

v1lla21

I would say Sony, and there is dumb rumors going around lol

There is a rumor going around.. But I don't think its worth a thread

dont do it

Seriously

Yes :D If I'm not wrong, you need 3 months and 300 posts

Hello sir, have you heard about our lord and savior Silent Hills?
I've seen the threads. Lol. I still wouldn't have posted it since I don't like SH.

Too lazy to read the thread so here's my prediction for the Sony conference.
(Rather tame)

-revamped what's new section with new social features
-new Uncharted 4 demo. They show off co-op campaign (I wish). We also get a beta sign up.
-Guerilla's new game is revealed with an in game trailer and they talk about their vision.
-Media Molecule's new game is revealed
-Battlefront 3 stage demo.
-3rd party exclusive announced. (Probably an RPG)
-Price cut.
-No Man's Sky live stage demo along with beta announcement.
-indie galore with a few surprises thrown in
-Star Citizen coming to ps4. Console exclusive.

klaushm

People, we lost some focus in here.
So to trying keep this rumor that don't do good, let's predict...

What games you would love to see at E3, even been impossible?
  1. TLG
  2. .Hack
  3. Deadspace
  4. GoW 4 - Gameplay
  5. Horizon - Gameplay
  6. New MM IP
  7. New QD IP
  8. New Bend IP
  9. Need for Speed - always online cancelation

And... What games you want to see at E3, been the most sceptical possible?
  1. GoW 4 - CG
  2. Wattam - release date
  3. Uncharted collection - release date
  4. Fallout 4
  5. Doom 4
  6. Need for Speed - gameplay
  7. New EA IP

Pennywise

I'm kinda curious, if Team Bondi and their "Whore of the Orient" game was picked up by an publisher and who it would be.
Would be one of the suprises I suspect.

I'm kinda curious, if Team Bondi and their "Whore of the Orient" game was picked up by an publisher and who it would be.
Would be one of the suprises I suspect.

If they are wiling to give up IP ownership, then it could be anyone (except for Rockstar/2k presumably as they don't want to work with them again) although if they aren't I'm not sure who would be interested

Its probably dead though

That's what I was trying to get at. There was plenty of teasing but I don't think that means that the event was overhyped, unless you expected all of that crazy stuff to be at the conference, which frankly, I thought was crazy at the time and tried to warn people of. I mean, I'm not suggesting that you can't think PSX was overhyped, the hype is personal to everyone. I just don't think a GAF hype thread should be the proper barometer for determining whether or not a conference was overhyped given that the some people obviously got swept up in the hype, others were just having fun (like me), and others still were on the fence. A hype thread by its nature tends to portray craziness but doesn't actually align, I don't think, with the expectations most people reasonably have.

Did we read the same thread?

I'm not sure, did we?

FelipeMGM

People, we lost some focus in here.
So to trying keep this rumor that don't do good, let's predict...

What games you would love to see at E3, even been impossible?
  1. TLG
  2. .Hack
  3. Deadspace
  4. GoW 4 - Gameplay
  5. Horizon - Gameplay
  6. New MM IP
  7. New QD IP
  8. New Bend IP
  9. Need for Speed - always online cancelation

And... What games you want to see at E3, been the most sceptical possible?
  1. GoW 4 - CG
    [*]Wattam - release date
  2. Uncharted collection - release date
  3. Fallout 4
  4. Doom 4
  5. Need for Speed - gameplay
  6. New EA IP

They already said Wattam is 2016, but I dont think we get a exact date

Bgamer90

Banned
The hype being peddled for Microsoft at E3 is starting to become suffocating at this point imo. Only thing missing at this point is a resurgence for that rumour about them buying EA from a couple of years ago.

How? I think the Silent Hills rumor is ridiculous but everything else that has been rumored when talking about what MS will do at E3 this year has been very realistic and either based on leaks (Gears Remaster), obvious teases (Battletoads), exclusives that will release this year and next year (Halo 5 campaign reveal, Forza 6 reveal; New Quantum Break, Scalebound, Rise of the Tomb Raider footage/info, etc.), and statements involving EA Access (MS teaming up with EA late this year to further promote the service).

The hype has been very realistic (at least based everything I've seen so far).

El_Chino

How? I think the Silent Hills rumor is ridiculous but everything else that has been rumored when talking about what MS will do at E3 this year has been very realistic and either based on leaks (Gears Remaster), obvious teases (Battletoads), exclusives that will release this year and next year (Halo 5 campaign reveal, Forza 6 reveal; New Quantum Break, Scalebound, Rise of the Tomb Raider footage/info, etc.), and statements involving EA Access (MS teaming up with EA late this year to further promote the service).

The hype has been very realistic (at least based everything I've seen so far).
Agreed. No need to single out Microsoft.

sinxtanx

I think it's my first time in this thread, I'm not sure. Lol. What conference has more hype, ms or Sony?
Also, what are the juicy rumors going around?

Hard to say about conferences. There's so much shit going down at E3 this year. 7 major conference events, the Nintendo World Championship and all the usual unknowns combined with the unseasonal quiet has increasingly turned E3 2015 more and more tantalizing.

As some sort of reaction, bad fake rumors abound as they provide a proxy for actual rumor discussion.

Some slightly more substantiated rumors concern Nintendo (which is also odd seeing as they traditionally leak jack shit) specifically Animal Crossing and Paper Mario. Some LEVEL5 JRPG for PS4 is rumoured too I guess.

So we're either going into this E3 raw, or there's going to be some intense leakage sometime in the next two weeks.

OH SHIT E3 IS ONLY ~2 WEEKS OFF
(keep clicking spoiler for emphasis)

Calderc

If you want a chance for another skate then you better start hoping that THPS5 turns out well and it sells decently. I think that's probably the only chance that skate has.

Yeah that's my thinking too. Which means it'll never happen as there's no chance the new THPS will be good.

rrc1594

The hype being peddled for Microsoft at E3 is starting to become suffocating at this point imo. Only thing missing at this point is a resurgence for that rumour about them buying EA from a couple of years ago.

I don't see any hype just expectations

Bgamer90

Banned
If you want a chance for another skate then you better start hoping that THPS5 turns out well and it sells decently. I think that's probably the only chance that skate has.

I would be lying if I said that I'm not buying Tony Hawk 5 in hopes that it may influence EA to bring back Skate (it's not the only reason though).

You know it is messed up when a message board has more integrity than major gaming news sites. Can't believe the click bait headlines being thrown out right now, all of which feed right into the mouth of the original source of this dumb Konami MS rumor giving them even more hits and subscriptions. Which is likely all they wanted in the first place. So bravo to them I guess. They should all be ashamed for using such tactics. I mean the anonymous source is a person that tipped them off that the Xbone would be sold without a kinect. People here predicted that before the console was launched when MS said it would not be required to plug in to the system. Unreal.

All that is to say thank you to the mod team here for not feeding that bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom