• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
GXM7mcr.jpg

R&C teaser tomorrow.

Pizza

It's a 50/50 chance that Nintendo news will be utterly unappealing to me minus starfox. This e3 will be all or nothing for me

What's this now?

last i heard (2014) it was still in early development, idk what is up with it now.

If they could somehow get the team back together that did SSX Tricky a new SSX would quickly jump to my Top 5 most anticipated of this gen

same but i doubt thats possible, that was over a decade ago and i dont think EA staffing is even the same. i think EA BIG is not around any longer .

Yeah. This week sucks cause it feels like we're just gonna keep getting more surprises ruined for us the week drones on.

I feel like the majority of what's been revealed minus dark souls 3 and tlg are things that were planned to be revealed. E3 seems to have the potential to be even more epic this year

So, I was listening to the PS Nation Podcast (Episode 427: PrE3) and about 1:02:00 in, Stewart Gilray (of Just Add Water) heavily implied that Mark Cerny's team (the team that built Knack?) might be the team finishing development on the The Last Guardian.

http://www.psnation.com/2015/06/08/episode-427-pre3/ Edit- For some reason, the timestamp was different on iTunes. In the link, it actually occurs around 49 minutes (almost exactly). I don't get why there was a 10 or so minute difference.

So, I was listening to the PS Nation Podcast (Episode 427: PrE3) and about 1:02:00 in, Stewart Gilray (of Just Add Water) heavily implied that Mark Cerny's team (the team that built Knack?), might be the team finishing development on the The Last Guardian.

that doesnt seem far-fetched . wasnt his team a japanese sony team?

v1lla21

Yeah. This week sucks cause it feels like we're just gonna keep getting more surprises ruined for us the week drones on.
Wut? I feel like they are getting the "filler" parts of the announcements out of the way. Announce them early so we don't waste time on them during the conference and we can get straight to the action.

then sounds about right cause Tea Ico's ass sure has been taken an inefficient amount of time to make ONE game. so it wouldnt shock me if Sony had Cerny's team help Team Ico (a japanese studio that hasnt put out an HD game) to complete their first ground up HD game. that would actually make a lot of sense in why we might hear about TLG at e3.

wachie

From Software really need to fix their leaky ship this is the second game that got leaked. We all knew this one was coming but the Project beast leak killed the hype when it was shown at E3 as Bloodborne, did love the Neogaf thread though all port begging included.
They need to find the mole (rat) leaking these.

Choomp

Banned
Wut? I feel like they are getting the "filler" parts of the announcements out of the way. Announce them early so we don't waste time on them during the conference and we can get straight to the action.

In the case of like the Nintendo Micro Direct, yeah, that's what that was for, but I honestly would've liked to have been surprised with Dark Souls 3, the Platnium game, not to mention I read up too much on MGSV, y'all probably know what I'm talking about.

then sounds about right cause Tea Ico's ass sure has been taken an inefficient amount of time to make ONE game. so it wouldnt shock me if Sony had Cerny's team help Team Ico (a japanese studio that hasnt put out an HD game) to complete their first ground up HD game. that would actually make a lot of sense in why we might hear about TLG at e3.

I'm wondering if I should post a thread about it or not. There seem to be plenty of TLG threads already.

Any chance of a PS3 price drop this time around? I've been waiting forever to retire my 80 GB fat model with software BC and get a nice, new, quieter, cooler Super Slim...but not at the price it's still at. I feel like we haven't heard much about the PS3 in general, aside from last year's news that both the Cell and RSX both had die shrinks available.

The thing about Japan Studio is the fluidity of teams.

I think it's fair to assume the non-creatives of teams working on Knack/Puppeteer are working of TLG and Gravity Daze 2.

I've always suspected that no real development was happening for GD2 and TLG other than a small creative team, with the bulk of the team on Knack and Puppeteer respectively.

Only when those games ship do TLG/GD2 actually get the resources to build game assets.

I'm wondering if I should post a thread about it or not. There seem to be plenty of TLG threads already.

i think its note worthy given that Sony is a business and Team Ico has been extremely inefficient and coupled with the fact Japanese devs have had hard times developing for HD, then its not that crazy to imagine Sony put Cerny's team on detail to make sure Team Ico could get TLG developed and out on the market.

GamerJM

Banned
You're wrong, Juan. It wouldn't make sense to announce two big JRPGs in one event that are both from Sony.

This isn't Square Enix. Only they're that crazy.

Detective Juan has missed the most obvious thing. But it's okay, so has everyone else, so you're not alone.

A detective needs to be good at math.

phoenix-thinking(a).gif

This JRPG leak stuff has really got me stumped. Cryptic hint leaking is best leaking.

v1lla21

Holy fuck, what if we get a Kerbal Space Program announcement during the indie games part in Sony's conference! Dude, that'd be amazing.

Holy fuck, what if we get a Kerbal Space Program announcement during the indie games part in Sony's conference! Dude, that'd be amazing.

Would be neat, but I think it needs too much keyboard and mouse specific controls. I have it on PC and it is fantastic. If it did come and they figured a way to use a controller, I'd love to see KB&M support still as an option. To my knowledge, War Thunder is the only game thus far to do so.

Total War: Warhammer (gameplay video)
The Division...PC release date
No Man Sky...new gameplay video (do we already know the release date?)
NBA 2k16...gameplay
Star Wars Battlefront...playable on the floor
Morpheus...unannounced games

There is plenty to be excited about this E3.

Only disappointment is the lack of Star Wars (Amy's) info that's going to come out.

viveks86

What were the other times, if you can say?

PSX was the first. Although the rumor was about Crash and not TLG. I'd rather not speak of the second time. We have enough rumors in circulation as-is :D

But it's interesting that it keeps coming up. Either someone is using Cerny & team's silence to spread rumors or there is actually some legitimacy to it, but they just weren't sure about the game being worked on. May be it was TLG all along *shrugs*

RexNovis

Banned
I'm just gonna quote my post from the other thread regarding TLG development and "team Cerny" as many seem to be completely ignorant of how Studio Japan operates:

I don't think people really understand how Studio Japan operates. The "teams" are floated around from project to project depending on development needs. "Team Ico" is just the name of the core group of creatives that are led by Ueda and the same goes for "Team Cerny" (core group of creatives led by Cerny for development of Knack). Basically the teams are labelled as such for whatever project they are working on not the people in the team and as such these teams can and do get regularly rotated and changed depending on the needs of the project. It's a fluid system they are not independent entities. It is absolutely a given that some of the staff from Cerny's project would also be working on the Last Guardian.

wachie

PSX was the first. Although the rumor was about Crash and not TLG. I'd rather not speak of the second time. We have enough rumors in circulation as-is :D

But it's interesting that it keeps coming up. Either someone is using Cerny & team's silence to spread rumors or there is actually some legitimacy to it, but they just weren't sure about the game being worked on. May be it was TLG all along *shrugs*
Is this kind of like how you "heard" that there will be no 980Ti?

I haven't really been keeping up to date with the schedules and everything but I was looking around online and couldn't find an answer. Is Microsoft not doing a preshow again this year? They had an hour long one before their conference last year but I can't find any info about them doing one this year.

Are they just doing the Xbox Daily stuff in the evenings this time around?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
GAF hasn't really been down at E3 for a few years now.

Slowdowns, maybe, but not downright server crash.

I believe tradition calls for publishers to announce new games at E3.

So... that.

It got down.. short time but it did.

My goal is a smooth GAF E3 experience for you all.

I just hope this is a fantastic E3. It fucking has to be, right? I know this generation inexplicably caught the industry by surprise, but this holiday marks the damn two year mark. These consoles need to start justifying their incredible sales already.

There does seem to be a lot of smoke. Show me the fire.

EDIT: Also, this year marks the first time since I started watching the conferences (2008, I think?) that I actually have an obligation on E3 Monday. Obviously I'll be taking a little personal time. I hope it's worth it.

Philippo

So what's everybody's plan for Sunday/Monday/Tuesday? Taken off work? Particular foods you got ready? Staying home all day?

I'll be on Skype with my friends during all the conferences, we've been watching it together for years but this time i'm away for college.

Still, most of the conferences are at night so no special food, probably lots of chips, ice cream and some beers.

Also, Sony runs from 3AM to 5AM, and i'll have a Japanese Exam the next morning at 9 lol
But who cares, i can't skip this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom