• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 Predictions & Discussion thread

Ushay

Really hope Bioware reveals the new IP they've been working on. The Twitter teases have become too much!

Given the landscape of RPGs since Witcher 3 launched, I'm also very eager to see how Bioware build all their projects going forward.
RPG's haven't been the same since the Baldurs Gate 2 days, nobody seems to be getting it right (except CDP who smashed it with Witcher).

Praying it's a spiritual successor to KOTOR,

Luke_Wal

Wonder if e3 is when they announce X-com 2 for console.

Could see it as part of the Adam Boyes 3rd party power half hour.

If this doesn't happen, I'll be furious. Enemy Unknown/Within was one of my favorite games of last generation and I can't believe we haven't heard a peep about it coming to consoles yes. During the Boyes block makes total sense.

Here are my predictions for Sony:

-WB announces one of their two AAA DC games in development at WB Montreal at the PlayStation conference. It's either Suicide Squad: The Game or Superman. No idea when it launches, though given the size of WB Montreal (about 400 people, and they haven't put out anything since Origins with the exception of a tiny AK DLC), I would guess it could be sooner rather than later. Arkham Knight was a June game, though Origins and City were both October releases, so no idea. Depends on if it looks good enough to be a fall game, in which case it might even be this fall.

-Injustice 2 shows up at the Sony conference, either as an announcement or as showing a new character, provided it's announced before then. It's an April 2017 game.

-Shadow of Mordor 2 is in development. It's shown at the PlayStation conference (I seem to remember a very light cross-promktion deal for the first one with Sony, but nothing big enough that I also wouldn't be surprised to see it at Microsoft). It looks excellent. It might even be launching this year.

-Dead Don't Ride, Sony Bend's new game, shows up about halfway through the conference. It's launching either this fall or VERY early next year (Jan, Feb, Mar).

-We see a teaser for God of War: Nordic, or whatever it's called. No gameplay. Just a simple name and premise. The blowout will come at PSX. It's their tentpole game for fall 2017, and it will look incredible on the Neo.

-No Sucker Punch announcement - they save it for either PGW/Gamescom or PSX. It's a summer 2017 game (which would make a lot of sense if it's Spider-Man...).

-They show a sequence from Detroit: Beyond Human as part of their Neo segment

-Persona 5 release date

-Call of Duty and Destiny trailers are back to back, and both take too long.

-Gameplay from Housemarque's Matterfall is shown as part of a montage, and people lose their minds.

-Santa Monica announces at least one new collaboration project, but dates for their others are put up on PS blog in the week surrounding the conference (Edith Finch, Wattam, ballet game).

-Somehow, Double Fine has another project in the works, and it's announced here along with a release date for Dull Throttle Remastered.

-Red Dead 2 is announced SOMEWHERE. Don't know if it's Sony or Microsoft, but it's somewhere.

Scotia

Banned
Gang Beasts PS4 better get a release date at E3. It's been like a year and a half since it was first announced and we've heard nothing since.

My wishlist/dream list

-Gwent standalone
-Ubisoft Pirate RPG
-Blood Dragon 2
-Prince of Persia
-Beyond Good and Evil 2
-Forza Horizon 3 set in Japan
-Red Dead Redemption is backwards compatibility
-New Red Dead

Corpsepyre

Banned
Re-posting this from the Sony predictions thread. Most likely means nothing, but still.

--

Cory Barlog Retweeted
Martino ‏@NaughtyGods Jun 4
@Lorderk @corybarlog @GdeFondaumiere @BillyHarper73 Just 10 days to go...

#E3

---

Thunder Lobster

Neo Member
Here's my E3 BINGO card:

BINGOCARDJACOB.jpg

My brother made one too:

BINGOCARDJOE.jpg

Someone I know went to a focus group for Ubisoft's naval/pirate game some time ago. I don't know how far off the game is from release, and I can't remember all the details they described, but it could be announced this year. They said gameplay looked cooperative and you could customize your ships (e.g. one ship had flaming sails).

JimiNutz

Banned
What I want to see at Sony's E3 conference.

Horizon Zero Dawn (please done be delayed)
Crash
Sucker Punch - Spider-Man game (Rumor)
God of War 4
The Last Guardian
New Red Dead
Dead Don't Ride

This alone will dethrone last years E3.

That list plus SOCOM and/or Warhawk and a DS4 Elite controller would be the perfect Sony conference for me.

From third parties I want:

Red Dead Sequel or Remake
Injustice 2
Quake
Shenmue I & 2 HD

From MS:

Sea of Thieves gameplay and release date
Crackdown 3 gameplay and release date
Battletoads
Sunset Overdrive 2

I'm praying the reason Ape Escape 2 and 3 haven't hit PSN yet is because they want to release them alongside the announcement of Ape Escape 4 or a remake of 1.

Luke_Wal

Someone I know went to a focus group for Ubisoft's naval/pirate game some time ago. I don't know how far off the game is from release, and I can't remember all the details they described, but it could be announced this year. They said gameplay looked cooperative and you could customize your ships (e.g. one ship had flaming sails).

As in absolutely NOT Black Flag or Rogue? Interesting...

I wonder what the ground gameplay would be like. Surely it wouldn't be an AC-like, would it?

As in absolutely NOT Black Flag or Rogue? Interesting...

I wonder what the ground gameplay would be like. Surely it wouldn't be an AC-like, would it?

It sounded like it, since the working title didn't sound related to Ass Creed or another franchise. As far as pillaging and plundering on foot goes, your guess is as good as mine. I do think boarding a pirate ship with your friends sounds really cool though.

I think they talked about how, as far as multiplayer goes, there was an internal consideration about whether you would team up with your friends on their own ship, or if everyone would sail on their own vessel.

watdaeff4

I don't know if this as been discussed yet but regarding the "other" Halo announcement that was teased, I'm guessing it's a spinoff game centering around Locke/Fireteam Osiris

Also from MS I think we see:
More BC announcements esp in conjunction from EA to be added to EA access

Forza Horizon 3
Crackdown 3
Recore gameplay
HaloWars 2 gameplay

From Sony:
Gran Turismo
Destiny expansion
CoD
Last Guardian
Horizons

And my hope - Demons Soul remaster

Compsiox

Banned
The Rule for unbelievable graphics in gameplay:

Code:
[B]if[/B] (they don't directly acknowledge the revolutionary graphics they show in the gameplay [U]while on stage[/U]) {

System.out.println("take the graphics as a grain of salt when it comes to representing the final product");

}

[B]else[/B] {
  System.out.println("Rejoice at the thought of how amazing the PC version will be");

}

Compsiox

Banned
The last part does not work out all hte time, since devs often cut visuals and many effects/assets don't even appear in maxed out PC ports.

This is the point of the rule. The hope is that if they brag about the graphics they'll keep their word (not downgrade) because they should want to assure that their reputation isn't harmed.

If they end up downgrading anyway then...I guess that's that.

Sagroth

I'll try my hand at predictions...

Sony
Last Guardian date revealed
Crash
Horizon date revealed
God of War 4
Sucker Punch game
Dead Don't Ride
more FFVII remake news
PSVR stuff
Neo revealed
new PS4 exclusive jrpg
Detroit

Microsoft
Battletoads
Halo Wars 2 stuff
Gears of War info
Scorpio
Crackdown 3

Sega
Sonic Adventure 3
Shenmue 1&2 hd remaster

Capcom
DMC 5
Deep Down
Resident Evil 7
Dragon's Dogma(a man can dream)

EA
Mass Effect Andromeda
Star Wars(Visceral)
other Star Wars

Ubisoft
Watch Dogs 2
something Prince of Persia related.
dream reveal: Beyond Good and Evil 2
AssCreed collection

Edit: forgot to add:

Bethesda
Fallout 4 dlc
new ip
Dishonored 2
Fallout 4 spinoff(please)
(in my wildest dreams) New Elder Scrolls

yurinka

-MS is the only one to announce new hardware
-In terms of 1st/2nd party, Sony focus on gameplay and dates of their already announced games, GoW4 and a new IP from Bend are the only 1st party AAA announced (there would be more but smaller)
-Final details of PSVR are unveiled, 2 or 3 of its games are shown using it for the first time create a lot of hype
-Zelda looks good, but not that good. Doesn't matter for Nintendo fans, they say Nintendo won E3
-Destiny 2/DLC, Resident Evil 7 and Titanfall 2 are shown in Sony's conference
-Ubisoft announces some kind of megaton merge, a white knight or something like that to get rid of Vivendi
-PC conference is too long and boring
-Bethesda shows Dishonored 2 and a new Elder Scrolls
-EA shows Mass Effect gameplay and unveils at least 2 Star Wars games

Ushay

Bold Prediction:

Bioware are working on an adventure MMORPG as their new IP, EA's answer to Destiny/Division. Here's the kicker it's Star Wars. And it's awesome.

Sagroth

Bold Prediction:

Bioware are working on an adventure MMORPG as their new IP, EA's answer to Destiny/Division. Here's the kicker it's Star Wars. And it's awesome.

Please no. One Bioware MMO was more than enough. Let them do a single player experience like the first KOTOR, for the love of everything good.

Bold Prediction:

This actually makes sense although Destiny/Divison are not really MMORPG and I don't think console players will really care about a traditional MMORPG Stars Wars or otherwise. Final Fantasy XIV is hit though so maybe it's possible.

My prediction list for Sony's E3:

The Last Guardian release date
Final Fantasy VII remake trailer
Shenmue 3 trailer and gameplay demo
Dreams new gameplay
GT Sport gameplay
Playstation VR
PS4 Neo announcement
Spider-Man game by Sucker Punch
Dead Men Don't Ride
Horizon release date
Detroit: No More Human release date
Crash Bandicoot (perhaps developed by a small Naughty Dog team)
Kojima's ip announcement
Red Dead 3 (maybe there will be a remaster, too)
Some indies

Turkoop

Banned
My prediction list for Sony's E3:

The Last Guardian release date
Final Fantasy VII remake trailer
Shenmue 3 trailer and gameplay demo
Dreams new gameplay
GT Sport gameplay
Playstation VR
PS4 Neo announcement
Spider-Man game by Sucker Punch
Dead Men Don't Ride
Horizon release date
Detroit: No More Human release date
Crash Bandicoot (perhaps developed by a small Naughty Dog team)
Kojima's ip announcement
Red Dead 3 (maybe there will be a remaster, too)
Some indies

this would be definitely a 11/10

Sony:
God of war
Crash
Psvr
Something crazy

Microsoft:
New Xbox
Halo
Forza
Gears of war
Crackdown

EA:
Star Wars
Sports
Criterion
Mass effect

Ubi:
Wildlands
Some weird artsy game
Watch doge 2
Pirate RPG
For honor

Sony won't throw all its eggs in one basket. Games like GT, Dreams, WiLD, Matterfall (much as I want to see gameplay for this one) and Detroit will probably be shown again at Gamescom or Paris.

Volotaire

The Spoiler Free E3 Thread should be posted tonight instead of tommorow. The Google Sheet is done. Are there any requests for streams to be archived?

Robot Pants

I'm predicting:
- DMC5
- Dark Souls 3 DLC
- Red Dead 2 or Remaster
- Demons Souls Remaster
- Dark Souls Remaster
- Fromsoft PS4 exclusive
- God of War
- PS4K
- New line of Staples Mousepads

Lucreto

I am predicting far too many Superhero games

Telltale Games/Marvel collaboration
Sucker Punch Spiderman
Hopefully fake
Superman/Suicide Squad from Rocksteady
Injustice 2

Volotaire

Yes please , Sony conference link would be great, maybe upload to Mega?

Yep, that will be archived. I have all the conferences, publisher/journalist streams and popular livestreams covered. The intent isn't to upload streams but to archive legitimate uploads.

Lakitu

st5fu
Spoiler-free thread is perfect, don't think I'll be able to catch most conferences live.

But for instance, if they're linked to Youtube, I'm worried that the related videos could spoil the surprises?

Year of Dreams 2.0 isn't going to happen. Sony has too much ground to retread (Previously announced games), and a lot of new stuff isn't quite on that level (God Of War, Dead Don't Ride).

It's Year Of Dreams 2 if Persona 5 comes out this year
in Europe

Microsoft should do fine. Expect an early-ish release for Inside (that Playdead game), as it has already been classified by the Australian Government.

Bethesda will be disappointing. They won't have much to show, though Dishonored will look cool.

EA will be the best third party conference. Not many new announcements, but all the games will look pretty good (Unless they do another bloody Minions game)

Ubisoft could be OK. Aisha Tyler is still hosting somehow. More South Park would be dandy.

Turkoop

Banned
Year of Dreams 2.0 isn't going to happen. Sony has too much ground to retread (Previously announced games), and a lot of new stuff isn't quite on that level (God Of War, Dead Don't Ride).

It's Year Of Dreams 2 if Persona 5 comes out this year
in Europe

Microsoft should do fine. Expect an early-ish release for Inside (that Playdead game), as it has already been classified by the Australian Government.

Bethesda will be disappointing. They won't have much to show, though Dishonored will look cool.

EA will be the best third party conference. Not many new announcements, but all the games will look pretty good (Unless they do another bloody Minions game)

Ubisoft could be OK. Aisha Tyler is still hosting somehow. More South Park would be dandy.

Dreams 2.0 refers to Sony, not Ubi, EA etc.

Volotaire

Spoiler-free thread is perfect, don't think I'll be able to catch most conferences live.

But for instance, if they're linked to Youtube, I'm worried that the related videos could spoil the surprises?

There will be various alternative links to all of the conferences. Twitch, IGN, Gamespot, Gamespot YT, IGN YT, EasyAllies, GB, GB YT and more for each one.

Moreover, for the YT videos, i'll be using a direct link extension to the hyperlink so the YT video fills up fullscreen when you click it like this: https://www.youtube.com/v/NhFDo8PIBwI

There will be a section in the OP explaining this.

It'll be more interesting than last year for me, as I don't care for Fallout.

Dishonored 2 gameplay, Prey 2 re-reveal and potential announcements for Doom (the GotY so far) and new games from MachineGames and Tango are more interesting to me.

It'll be more interesting than last year for me, as I don't care for Fallout.

Dishonored 2 gameplay, Prey 2 re-reveal and potential announcements for Doom (the GotY so far) and new games from MachineGames and Tango are more interesting to me.

I'm in the same boat. Dishonored 2 alone will make it better then last year's. 1 was such a fantastic little surprise.

Top Bottom