• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 Predictions & Discussion thread

Give me some more Horizon (hopefully not being delayed) and an any SOCOM anouncment and I'll be elated. Shit just tell me horizon is still 2016 and put SOCOM 2 on PSN and it'll do it for me!!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
3qJmvuU.gif

enjoy the meme. :p

I think there is a high chance that we'll see Ninja Theory's new project at E3. They've been working on it for 2 and half years now, so I would be surprised if they don't announce it this year.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Man, I've already re-watched every E3 conference since 2009 two-three times each, some even four times. I've watched the GB and GT versions twice...I've exhausted every avenue and still 3 weeks to go grrrrrrrrrr.

Hoping Sony does their E3 experience at theaters again this year. It was pretty cool watching some of the announcements and getting reactions live from other gamers.

Undead Labs isn't attending E3 this year. I guess a trailer is still possible, though.

Also: State of Decay is too good of a name to abandon.

Where did you see this? They must be due to show something soon?

I've said it before but I'll say it again, I just really want Sea of Thieves to have a good showing. It's been way to long since I played something new with that Rare touch. Fingers crossed.

Man, I've already re-watched every E3 conference since 2009 two-three times each, some even four times. I've watched the GB and GT versions twice...I've exhausted every avenue and still 3 weeks to go grrrrrrrrrr.
I usually rewatch the previous year around this time. I need to watch MS' again anyway because I keep a Google Doc of the E3s and I missed some of their stuff.

Are you talking about Hellblade or they have something else in the works?

They have another title in works.

Rahni Tucker the combat designer for DmC and the creative director for DmC:DE is leading that yet to be announced "top secret project". She has listed it in her Linked In profile.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/rahnitucker

I would very much like for that to happen, it's one of my predictions as well.

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that we'll hear/see something from their next title at E3. I don't know about the X1/PC exclusivity thingy, though. If anything I think the opposite might be a little more realistic since there is somewhat of a possibility for HS2, given the recent animation and all. But, if I were a betting man I would put my money on the "new project" being a multi platform title.

FelipeMGM

They have another title in works.

Rahni Tucker the combat designer for DmC and the creative director for DmC:DE is leading that yet to be announced "top secret project". She has listed it in her Linked In profile.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/rahnitucker

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that we'll hear/see something from their next title at E3. I don't know about the X1/PC exclusivity thingy, though. If anything I think the opposite might be a little more realistic since there is somewhat of a possibility for HS2, given the recent animation and all. But, if I were a betting man I would put my money on the "new project" being a multi platform title.

Oh that's cool, I didnt know that.

Could it be DmC 2? or even DMC5 who knows

Neo Gaf and the rest of the internet refuse to just enjoy the show. They will critique any and everything and tell us how so and so failed as a company. And they will be back to do it again the next year.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
what i am looking forward to seeing or potentially hearing about:
  • whats next for halo 5
  • halo wars
  • whats next for dirt rally or from the team at codies (too early?)
  • sea of thieves
  • deus ex
  • forza horizon
  • titanfall 2
  • mass effect

not all that exciting of year, hoping for some surprises.

EA:

- Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay
- EA Sports Spiel but it'll be smaller due to last year's shit
- Criterion re-reveal and gameplay
- Star Wars Visceral game trailer
- Battlefield One Multiplayer Gameplay and beta along the lines of Hard-line
- Smaller New IP Similar to Unraveled
- Mobile Game
- New IP
- Star Wars KOTR tease

Bethesda:

- Fallout 4 DLC Gameplay
- Arkanes Prey 2 Re reveal
- Dishonored 2 Gameplay
- Something related to Elder Scrolls
- Doom DLC?
- Wolfenstein Sequel or another Remake of an older FPS

Microsoft:

- Sea of Thieves Gameplay
- Battletoads reveal
- Halo Wars gameplay
- Forza Horizon 3
- Scalebound gameplay
- Crackdown 3 Gameplay
- Gears 4 Trailer and Gameplay
- ReCore gameplay
- NEW IP Trailer

Ubisoft:

- For Honor gameplay and release
- Watchdogs 2 Reveal and gameplay
- Just Dance 2011717272
- Splinter Cell Reveal
- Ghost Recon Woodlands
- Beyond Good and Evil 3 Re-reveal
- South Park Stick of Truth trailer and release date

Sony:

- PSVR Montage
- God of War 4 Reveal
- Detroit Trailer
- Shenmue 3 gameplay
- FFVII Gameplay
- The Last Guardian Trailer and release
- Horizon Zero Dawn delayed to February Trailer
- No Man's Sky hype trailer
- Crash Bandicoot Reveal
- Rockstars New Game
- Spiderman
- Bends Game reveal
- Sucker Punch game reveal if Spiderman isn't theirs
- Call of Duty
- Destiny new DLC

EA:

- Mass Effect Andromeda Gameplay
- EA Sports Spiel but it'll be smaller due to last year's shit
- Criterion re-reveal and gameplay
- Star Wars Visceral game trailer
- Battlefield One Multiplayer Gameplay and beta along the lines of Hard-line
- Smaller New IP Similar to Unraveled
- Mobile Game
- New IP
- Star Wars KOTR tease

Bethesda:

- Fallout 4 DLC Gameplay
- Arkanes Prey 2 Re reveal
- Dishonored 2 Gameplay
- Something related to Elder Scrolls
- Doom DLC?
- Wolfenstein Sequel or another Remake of an older FPS

Microsoft:

- Sea of Thieves Gameplay
- Battletoads reveal
- Halo Wars gameplay
- Forza Horizon 3
- Scalebound gameplay
- Crackdown 3 Gameplay
- Gears 4 Trailer and Gameplay
- ReCore gameplay
- NEW IP Trailer

Ubisoft:

- For Honor gameplay and release
- Watchdogs 2 Reveal and gameplay
- Just Dance 2011717272
- Splinter Cell Reveal
- Ghost Recon Woodlands
- Beyond Good and Evil 3 Re-reveal
- South Park Stick of Truth trailer and release date

Sony:

- PSVR Montage
- God of War 4 Reveal
- Detroit Trailer
- Shenmue 3 gameplay
- FFVII Gameplay
- The Last Guardian Trailer and release
- Horizon Zero Dawn delayed to February Trailer
- No Man's Sky hype trailer
- Crash Bandicoot Reveal
- Rockstars New Game
- Spiderman
- Bends Game reveal
- Sucker Punch game reveal if Spiderman isn't theirs

This is all good stuff, but you just know Sony is going to spend half their conference on PSVR, Call of Duty, Destiny, Street Fighter/Tekken, and No Man's Sky. I would prepare to be disappointed.

This is all good stuff, but you just know Sony is going to spend half their conference on PSVR, Call of Duty, Destiny, Street Fighter/Tekken, and No Man's Sky. I would prepare to be disappointed.

So?

Poor pacing doesn't negate the quality/quantity of stuff shown.

Every year, every mainstay conference has at least 20-30 minutes of "unexciting" filler. With EA it's sports and Pele. With MS it's their 3rd-party stuff. With Sony's it's 3rd-party stuff. With Ubisoft, it's... varies from year to year.

So?

Poor pacing doesn't negate the quality/quantity of stuff shown.

Every year, every mainstay conference has at least 20-30 minutes of "unexciting" filler. With EA it's sports and Pele. With MS it's their 3rd-party stuff. With Sony's it's 3rd-party stuff. With Ubisoft, it's... varies from year to year.

Well to be honest, poor pacing does negate the quality of the press conference itself as was the case with Ubisoft and EA last year

Sony is known to do stuff like this at E3, with the exception of their show last year. It moved quite quickly, and had hit after hit.

I think it's crucial for Sony to show the public why VR is great, and why PSVR is a great option for those looking to jump in - there's no bigger place to do that than E3. It will be a difficult thing to balance, since VR is hard to demonstrate on stage, and the market for VR hasn't really been determined yet.

Thanks for reminding me about these!

Sony knows what they're doing in the pacing department if last year's is representative to what this year's will be. Besides the Disney Infinity portion it was all A+ stuff.

They could easily fit all of this in their 2 hour and 15 minute conferences.

Sony is known to do stuff like this at E3, with the exception of their show last year. It moved quite quickly, and had hit after hit.

I think it's crucial for Sony to show the public why VR is great, and why PSVR is a great option for those looking to jump in - there's no bigger place to do that than E3. It will be a difficult thing to balance, since VR is hard to demonstrate on stage, and the market for VR hasn't really been determined yet.

This is why I don't really think Sony is going to have crazy amounts of PSVR on stage. They know it's a hands on thing, and first off you can't replicate the same experience on stage and secondly E3 isn't open to public and by now Journalists know what they're getting into with VR. Sony's big push with VR will be at Gamescom and possibly setting up kiosks at GameStops and the such which all can be accessed by the public.

Well to be honest, poor pacing does negate the quality of the press conference itself as was the case with Ubisoft and EA last year

Poor pacing negates quality of the "press conference"

But so long the content is good, I can live with all the terrible filler bullshit that comes with it.

I just hope the content is good.

I wonder what the chances of Sony having a big AAA exclusive jrpg are? The genre doesn't get the type of top billing it once did it seems.

But so long the content is good, I can live with all the terrible filler bullshit that comes with it.

Exactly. People bashed on EA for having a bad conference. Not bad games. Their content was there and good. Same with Ubisoft.

Yeah me too. I just feel like people have unreasonably high expectations for Sony conferences the last few years. I wonder how they will spread out their announcements this year with all the conferences and trade shows.

Tesser

I wonder what the chances of Sony having a big AAA exclusive jrpg are? The genre doesn't get the type of top billing it once did it seems.

And unless it's Final Fantasy/FromSoftware-related, they never will. I'm hoping for a Western release of Persona 5 among other things - perhaps even a gameplay snippet though I know that's asking too much even in Sony's conference - but I suspect it might be announced that the game's delayed into 2017
in Europe

Pachimari

This is what I want from E3:

- Battlefield One multiplayer session
- FIFA 17 features announced
- Detroit trailer
- RIGS multiplayer session
- FFVII: Remake trailer
- Shenmue 3 trailer
- The Last Guardian trailer and release date
- Persona 5 US/EU release date
- Crash Bandicoot reveal
- Sony Bend game announcement
- Spider-Man developed by Sucker Punch
- ReCore gameplay
- Final Fantasy XII HD Remastered announced for PC.

Exactly. People bashed on EA for having a bad conference. Not bad games. Their content was there and good. Same with Ubisoft.

EA has tried to do something different with their E3 conferences the past several years, and while I applaud them for trying, they've consistently had the *worst* E3 show of the big presenters, despite typically having a good to great lineup. Part of the issue is that not everyone is a fan of sports games, and a portion of their show is always dedicated to that. They really should have 2 E3 shows: Sports/Racing and everything else - it would allow for better pacing and messaging.

I don't think Ubisoft has the same problem with their shows; there are definitely low points, but overall they've got a format that they've stuck to the past several years that seems to be working for them, including ending the show in a new AAA IP.

Content is king, but Bethesda showed us last year that along with having good content, how about and an awesome show? Their show last year was super tight, fast, and focused. Here's a bunch of Fallout 4 stuff. Here's Doom. Here's a teaser for Dishonored. See you next year. It was really refreshing, and was a great way to get things started that year. If your a publisher, this is how you show off your games, I hope the other studios took notice. I'm really excited for their show this year.

My Predictions:

Nintendo:
- Zelda

Sony:
- PSVR stuff (lots of it).
- PS Neo Info/soft reveal (will be mentioned but will be fully shown off at TGS)
- GoW.
- Some new unprecedented partnerships.
- New PS+ Tier that includes PSNow.
- PS Elite Controller.
- New IP's.
- New ND game teased.
- Kojima Productions game teased/trailer shown.
- Crash Tease (Co-developing with Activision).
- Lots of talk about how they are owing the market this gen, etc.
- Other stuff (things we are already expecting but more info/launch dates/etc).

MS:
- Crackdown Gameplay/1st two games are available for free via BC.
- Sea of Thieves gameplay/trailer, Beta announced for PC/X1 crossplay.
- More crossplay titles coming, current games and new upcoming games (including 3rd party).
- Lots of focus on Xbox Live, new features, tier plans, etc.
- Phantom Dust Re-surfaces/new developer.
- All new 1st party titles moving forward will be Crossbuy/Crossplay.
- New X1 Sku's (One Slim, Disc Less X1 aka).
- New Rare Game.
- New IP's.
- Some new unprecedented partnerships.
- Other stuff (things we are already expecting but more info/launch dates/etc).

LordofPwn

looks like Horizon will definitely be there, though there seems to be a lack of release date attached to it for obvious reasons.

Downtown LA
tweet

how long before release does a game usually get it's rating? i'm expecting T

Some Nobody

I just wish he would come back and tell us more on that.

He talked about it a bunch already actually, and I have a feeling those games won't be looked at as traditional J-RPGs. I more wish he'd come back in general and do a list like last year, with half real stuff half teases.

Sesha

I think there is a high chance that we'll see Ninja Theory's new project at E3. They've been working on it for 2 and half years now, so I would be surprised if they don't announce it this year.

Can't wait for it. I have high hopes for Rahni and her team.

Oh that's cool, I didnt know that.

Could it be DmC 2? or even DMC5 who knows

Unlikely that it's DmC2. Capcom has scaled back their overseas outsourcing. I also doubt NT have enough staff available due to Hellblade. It could be they're helping Capcom on DMC5. Either way, the timing certainly fits.

But I think it's an original project.

Top Bottom