• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 begins in 100 days- what are we expecting?

SNURB

In terms of Sony, I wouldn't mind hearing some news about the Sly movie but that's unlikely.

It's probably in the back burner until Ratchet hopefully ranks in some cash.

jonno394

I expect disappointment. Anything other than that is a win in my eyes!

Nintendo and Square Enix are the two I'll be watching out for. That final Fantasy VI title verendus mentioned ages ago is something I'd love to see hit NX

SNURB

1908E10D-EB9F-462D-B304-006A9713489E_zps1py9agwt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Still hyped though

I can only hope for a non-shitty version of PS4 with less noisy innards and more capacity. I sold my first PS4 after Bloodborne and I'm still able to get most games of my interest through crossgen, but I really gonna need another one before Nier 2 and Ni-Oh.

After the game announcements of the second half of last year, I really just need hardware to play them without annoying me. Still, couldn't go wrong with some Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Crash.

Zelda U delayed until 2018.
Animal Crossing Room Decorator launch game for the NX.
Mario going into retirement.
Metroid coming to the PS4.
Star Fox is dead.
optimism rules!

steven28

Dishonored 2 gameplay (game will be pushed to 2017)
Ni oh gameplay and release date
New god of war reveal
New bioshock reveal
Bloodborne 2 announced
Horizon zero dawn gameplay (early 2017 release)
Sucker punch's new game revealed
Mikami's follow up to evil within reveal.

speiky

They will probably show the September DLC.

I think they need to show a teaser for current gen's Destiny 2 after showing a full trailer for the September expansion. That would satisfy me as a fan and I'm positive a lot of other players as well.

SOR5

Ill summarise a bit

Sony:
VR everywhere
Horizon
Crash (you know its trueee)
Trailer for Kojimas game
More FF VII goodies
A new IP
Guaranteed CoD section
Until Dawn 2
Last Guardian stuff
Third party stuff from Ubi and Activision
More of the niche stuff left for something like Gamescom or an equivalent show

Nintendo:
NX reveal
New Mario
Zelda+Official Title
Sm4sh: Definitive Edition
F-Zero would be marvellous
Beyond Good & Evil 2 if that rumour isnt complete bollocks
Pokemon Sun and Moon
A new IP
Minimal focus on 3DS and Wii U

Microsoft:
Scalebound stuff (much improved build)
Sea of Thieves stuff
A new IP
Gears 4 stuff
Recore gameplay reveal
Battletoads finally revealed
Jet Force Gemini reboot (that trademark was very very fishy)
OG Xbox emulation
One OG Xbox game getting rebooted (Mechassault or Crimson Skies are my candidates)
Phantom Dust not showing up and no brand new hardware yet
Plenty of W10 (Halo Wars 2 crossplay demonstrated)

Raylan

Banned
Ill summarise a bit

Sony:
VR everywhere
Horizon
Crash (you know its trueee)
Trailer for Kojimas game
More FF VII goodies
Guaranteed CoD section
Until Dawn 2
Last Guardian stuff
Third party stuff from Ubi and Activision
More of the niche stuff left for something like Gamescom or an equivalent show
I'm gonna party for 1 week if this happens.

GlamFM

Banned
I think they need to show a teaser for current gen's Destiny 2 after showing a full trailer for the September expansion. That would satisfy me as a fan and I'm positive a lot of other players as well.

Logo, mayyybeee....

ChaosXVI

I'll go ahead and start to give in to the E3 hype, as I tend to do around this time every year. So here are some of my predictions:

Sony:
Big focus on VR
God of War 4 (or subtitle) announced. Kratos still main character.
FFXV LE console announced
KH3 Trailer
Horizon: Zero Dawn hype trailer
TLG still coming this year trailer
TLoU2 teaser
Maybe a new Infamous?
Something Crash related
Overall: Probably a step-down from last year's show, but only because they set the bar so damn high.

Microsoft:
A revival of another Rare IP, that will have minimal involvement of Rare itself. Probably Battletoads. (but I want Perfect Dark so very badly)
Gears 4 blowout
ReCore: First Gameplay footage. My gut says it will underwhelm, but I want it to be great, I love Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Halo Wars 2 Gameplay
Scalebound
Overall: Honestly hard to predict, since most of their big games that have been announced were announced years ago now. There seems to be a lot of talk that they are scaling back, but this could just be knee-jerk talk due to Lionhead. I expect surprises, but who knows if they are good or bad ones. I don't own an Xbone so I don't have much skin in the game here.

Nintendo: Live Press Conference (Not a Direct)
NX and Zelda U/NX blowout. I expect this to open the show. Coming in 2016.
3D Mario Game (Galaxy 3 pls)
Pikmin 4 announced
Big 3rd Party reel (Ubisoft being the star, per usual)
Smash NX (Port of Smash U)
Retro Studios' new game
Small bit of Wii U/3DS stuff: Pokémon, Metroid FF, Paper Mario
Big surprise: F-Zero NX by Sumo Digital (Sonic Racing Transformed team)
Overall: All signs point to Nintendo having a fantastic E3 this year on the First Party front, just judging by which development teams are nearing their end phase of development on their respective projects. The real question is will NX have the right kind of 3rd party support that they need to give the NX a proper launch.

Give me Gears 4 and Crackdown 3 footage/gameplay trailer and I'll be good. Everything from then on is a bonus. Halo Wars 2 gameplay is welcome but I'm" not really expecting Microsoft and CA to show it off yet, I'd imagine they'll have enough games on their plate and will want to space out their games and announcements like last year.

MS E3 will be like watching a rerun of last years E3. Maybe with some gameplay to go with those trailers.

Sony will be showing more numbers, Japanese exclusives.

Nintendo will unveil their next console, biggest hype of the show or outrage. Will be fun.

Poppincaps

Neo Member
That'd probably render NX just about DoA the day before Nintendo even unveils the thing. I'd be in favor of that just for the lol factor.

lolwut? The fact that people even believe that a Vita successor is going to happen is laughable, but that it would put a dent in Nintendo's armor is a complete joke.

The Vita sold 4 million units. The 3DS sold 58 million. Sony has no real foothold in the portable market whatsoever.

lolwut? The fact that people even believe that a Vita successor is going to happen is laughable, but that it would put a dent in Nintendo's armor is a complete joke.

The Vita sold 4 million units. The 3DS sold 58 million. Sony has no real foothold in the portable market whatsoever.
4 million? Pretty sure it's over 10. Just sayin.

This could quite possibly be the most entertaining E3 in years if not ever. A ton of stuff in the pipeline we are in the golden years of this console generation since we are in the middle of the console lifecycle for games. New system(s)? VR new? Midgen console updates.

THE:MILKMAN

This could quite possibly be the most entertaining E3 in years if not ever. A ton of stuff in the pipeline we are in the golden years of this console generation since we are in the middle of the console lifecycle for games. New system(s)? VR new? Midgen console updates.

I wondered why a lot of devs pulled out of E3 a few weeks ago. I guess they got wind this E3 was going full on hardware focused.

Top Bottom