• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 begins in 100 days- what are we expecting?

Malus

I'm hoping for a strong Nintendo showing. The way things are lining up, NX could really come out the gate in a big way for Nintendo software lovers. Retro's next, TEPD's next, and Zelda should all be out around launch if previous cycles maintain. I really hope those three games make a showing and truly amaze.

Other hopes: Civ VI, DQ XI info...

I could definitely see Retro, Mario and Zelda showing at E3 but can't see them all being in the launch window.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Zelda was underwhelming. Doesn't tend to have the big set pieces that make for a good trailer unless they get into spoilery stuff.

Kaz42

I just want to see gameplay videos for games we already know about. Dishonored 2, Doom, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Nier Automata, Rime, that new David Cage game etc. I want new game announcements too but those are usually tied to reveal trailers and gameplay is usually not shown when a game is first revealed.

I also look forward to seeing Watch Dogs 2 to see how Ubi will build off the first game

speiky

Pretty sure someone already mentioned it, but I want to emphasize that Bungie HAS to say something about Destiny's future at E3.

Mr Swine

Banned
NX console and Handheld reveal
PlayStation 4 Portable reveal (successor to PSP and not Vita)
Sonic 25'th anniversary game (2D and 3D)
TLOU 2
Crash Bandicoot 4
New Super Mario Bros NX
Super Mario Galaxy NX
Doom expansion (Hell on Earth or Hell on Phobos)

Peru

If we get another HD re-release from Nintendo, how amazing would it be if it was Metroid Prime HD. They could do it to appease angry Metroid fans and I'd be very happy about it. Not much work needed besides upping the res as so much of the game world's detail is actual geometry and not textures.

tr00per

Updating my list with some hail mary wishes

Def Jam ffny 2 (notice how I worded that)
Ape escape 4
Psas BR round 2
Nfl Street 4
Golden sun 4
Timesplitters 4
Warhawk ps4 port with warhawk 2 beta
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5+2.8 for ps4
Tekken x sf changed to Namco vs capcom
Resistance collection on ps4
Resistance tactical squad shooter
Minecraft 2 (not Windows 10 exclusive plz)
(i know Kojima hinted otherwise but) Reticent Acclivities

Re mentioning new star wars games from criterion, visceral, and bioware. Rare replay and mcc for pc (win 7 and 8 support) Crash, hl3, and nms VR

And ps vita memory card price drop :p
Hell, vita 2 while I'm at it. Zero fucks given.

Peterc

First some NX news we maybe can expect for e3, can't find any decent nx thread, so I'm using this one:

Rumor: Next Call Of Duty Called Bloodlines, Also Coming To Nintendo NX

We’ve gotten some pretty big Call of Duty 2016 rumors earlier this year, but this one is definitely one of the biggest ones yet. A new source is claiming that the next Call of Duty game will be called Bloodlines and that it will be a multiplatform release that will also be coming to Nintendo’s codenamed NX console.

This info comes from an inside source that reported to Dual Pixels, which they claim is a source that they have worked with before and is trustworthy. They say that, “Activision plans on bringing Skylanders at launch to the NX along with the next Call of Duty game called “Bloodlines” in Fall 2016.”

The information given to Dual Pixels gets even crazier, as it says that, “In 2017, the company will team up with Platinum Games to launch Spider-Man: The First Avenger which will tie into the MCU movie and universe. Activision is also being given “hard bargains” by Nintendo to have BETA access to Beyond Destiny, the sequel to Destiny which plans to launch Holiday 2017.”

Some of this information seems completely ridiculous, so (as always) we need to take this info with one of the biggest grains of salt on the planet. However, some of it could end up being true and the info is making the rounds so now we just have to wait and see how valid or invalid it really is.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rumor-next-call-duty-called-bloodlines-also-coming-nintendo-nx/

Nintendo NX release date could come with 'Skylander,' 'Destiny' sequel

An industry insider has revealed the games that will be coming to Nintendo's upcoming gaming device. These games include Activision's toys-to-life title "Skylander" and the sequel to developer Bungie's first-person shooter "Destiny," among others.

http://www.vinereport.com/article/n...d-come-with-skylander-destiny-sequel/8803.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E3 my opinion:

NX should go for the 101% this show, I believe they can...

Sony could show some VR stuff sit back and relax. They could show a ps4 slim at the end as big announcement. Vita2 will not happen, i think sony will drop the handheld business

MS that still are canceling games, what will they do?

Thinking already of the next xbox and stop with it like nintendo did with the wiiu?

Or will they bring a new console 1.5 that can run new games with a higher res?

I'm trying to think what they will do to safe the xbox, 1 or 2 exclusive games will not safe the console.

GlamFM

Banned
First some NX news we maybe can expect for e3, can't find any decent nx thread, so I'm using this one:

Rumor: Next Call Of Duty Called Bloodlines, Also Coming To Nintendo NX

We’ve gotten some pretty big Call of Duty 2016 rumors earlier this year, but this one is definitely one of the biggest ones yet. A new source is claiming that the next Call of Duty game will be called Bloodlines and that it will be a multiplatform release that will also be coming to Nintendo’s codenamed NX console.

This info comes from an inside source that reported to Dual Pixels, which they claim is a source that they have worked with before and is trustworthy. They say that, “Activision plans on bringing Skylanders at launch to the NX along with the next Call of Duty game called “Bloodlines” in Fall 2016.”

The information given to Dual Pixels gets even crazier, as it says that, “In 2017, the company will team up with Platinum Games to launch Spider-Man: The First Avenger which will tie into the MCU movie and universe. Activision is also being given “hard bargains” by Nintendo to have BETA access to Beyond Destiny, the sequel to Destiny which plans to launch Holiday 2017.”

Some of this information seems completely ridiculous, so (as always) we need to take this info with one of the biggest grains of salt on the planet. However, some of it could end up being true and the info is making the rounds so now we just have to wait and see how valid or invalid it really is.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rumor-next-call-duty-called-bloodlines-also-coming-nintendo-nx/

Nintendo NX release date could come with 'Skylander,' 'Destiny' sequel

An industry insider has revealed the games that will be coming to Nintendo's upcoming gaming device. These games include Activision's toys-to-life title "Skylander" and the sequel to developer Bungie's first-person shooter "Destiny," among others.

http://www.vinereport.com/article/n...d-come-with-skylander-destiny-sequel/8803.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E3 my opinion:

NX should go for the 101% this show, I believe they can...

Sony could show some VR stuff sit back and relax. They could show a ps4 slim at the end as big announcement. Vita2 will not happen, i think sony will drop the handheld business

MS that still are canceling games, what will they do?

Thinking already of the next xbox and stop with it like nintendo did with the wiiu?

Or will they bring a new console 1.5 that can run new games with a higher res?

I'm trying to think what they will do to safe the xbox, 1 or 2 exclusive games will not safe the console.

Hard to believe Destiny is heading to the NX.

The XBOX ONE does not need to be saved BTW. It´s doing a-ok.

Danneee

Elite Dangerous PS4 and The Last Guardian is what I expect. Oh, and the new Ace Combat.

Other than that I'd live to see a current gen remakes/ports of Shadow of the Colossus and Demons Souls with updated graphics.

Uh that depends on the genre really
Open world games maybe, but some genres get shorter and shorter
Also don't count tons of filler content (ie garbage achievements) as "bigger"

I was thinking of the difference between The Witcher 2 and 3 for example, or GTA IV and V.

I personally don't mind short games at all by the way, it's all about the quality.

Is it too early to be hopeful for a Bloodborne 2 announcement?

inb4 Souls fatigue.

Yeah, I think so. I do expect a FROM announcement later this year though.

Is it too early to be hopeful for a Bloodborne 2 announcement?

inb4 Souls fatigue.

Souls fatigue my ass, give me Bloodborne 2. I don't think it's unrealistic to get something of an announcement at least, like they did with Dark Souls 3 last year. But then again, it depends on if Miyazaki meant the whole Souls-like business being stopped when he said it would end after Dark Souls 3, or if he just meant the Dark Souls franchise itself.

mclem

I'm expecting to have an awful lot more entries for my Nintendo bingo card generator this year! Just guessing arbitrary NX launch titles would be fun (Face Raiders 2!)

A lot riding on E3 for Microsoft now I reckon.

Nintendo will have the NX = instant hype.
Sony will have VR = hype
MS = a lot of ground to make up.

They need a great showing this year.

I think Bloodborne 2 could happen, but it would contradict somewhat Miyazaki's wishes to move away from Souls games and work on something new. It hasn't been that long ago since the first came out, but From Software have proven themselves as an adept team that can produce a product in a relatively short amount of time, so who knows.

TLoU 2 though? Pipe dream right there. No chance.

Fine I'll bite - I was 100% wrong last year but its always fun.

EA
- Tonnes of Mass Effect Andromeda - Fall 2016 release. Already confirmed Q1 2017
- New Battlefield Game - back to WW2. Rumored WW1

Microsoft
- Scalebound dated - fall 2016. Already delayed to 2017
- New Forza Horizon, set in the 60s. Classic cars. Cover car is the brand new Lamborghini Centenario, not sure if that fits a 60s vibe.

Might want to update a few of your predictions.

The information given to Dual Pixels gets even crazier, as it says that, “In 2017, the company will team up with Platinum Games to launch Spider-Man: The First Avenger which will tie into the MCU movie and universe.
I really want to see a Spider-Man game from Platinum, but Spider-Man: The First Avenger?!!

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
I expect prettier and shorter versions of games I already played.

Maybe... but we are also getting more mechanically competent games as well.

MGSV is the best playing MGS - The gameplay is sublime. Bloodborne is the best playing souls and Dark Souls 3 seems to be even better. Uncharted 4 is one of the smoothest controlling TPS games I have ever played and right up there in the elite list along with MGSV when it comes to pure mechanics.

So I don't mind this trend at all. Quantam Break will prob blow away Alan Wake mechanically and while I don't like Gears at all , for all intents and purposes the fourth entry should provide the most mechanically solid Gears yet. I am really liking this gen. The games are coming in slow but boy are many of them on point when it comes to mechanics.

Kindekuma

Banned
ALLLLLL ABOARD! I'm all about that NX hype.

92VRY8y.png

Andyliini

Not making any predictions, I'm always wrong anyway.
But I would really like to see reactions if Nintendo had salvaged Silent Hills. Kojima not included, but instead replaced by Masahiro Sakurai.

NX console and Handheld reveal
PlayStation 4 Portable reveal (successor to PSP and not Vita)
Sonic 25'th anniversary game (2D and 3D)
TLOU 2
Crash Bandicoot 4
New Super Mario Bros NX
Super Mario Galaxy NX
Doom expansion (Hell on Earth or Hell on Phobos)

That's an interesting expectation.

Mathieran

Banned
I'm hoping that Wild gets a bunch of new info with release date. It's been too long since we've heard about it. Also The Tomorrow Children. I believe that one must be nearing completion.

creatchee

At this point, I really want different kinds of games than we've been seeing for the better part of a decade. I used to be shooter shooter shooter, but the last two games that I've put any serious time in have been Smite and Rocket League- each a far cry from a shooter if there ever has been one. Games have so much potential and we're in a rut of reboots, retreads, and otherwise the same ol' same ol'.

Top Bottom