[E3-Beth] 'DOOM Eternal' Teaser

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza
https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/15/doom-eternal-extra-lives/

“It’s just like our checkpoint system,” executive producer Marty Stratton tells me. “We have a similar checkpoint system, it’s just now you don’t have to go all the way back to the checkpoint and play back through that combat encounter.

“So if you’re almost to another checkpoint or you’re in a boss fight or something, your extra life, if you die, kicks in and the screen goes grey and you are invulnerable for a little bit. You can keep fighting, reposition yourself, and you’re right back in the action where you left off without losing any progress.”

Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/15/doom-eternal-extra-lives/

“It’s just like our checkpoint system,” executive producer Marty Stratton tells me. “We have a similar checkpoint system, it’s just now you don’t have to go all the way back to the checkpoint and play back through that combat encounter.

“So if you’re almost to another checkpoint or you’re in a boss fight or something, your extra life, if you die, kicks in and the screen goes grey and you are invulnerable for a little bit. You can keep fighting, reposition yourself, and you’re right back in the action where you left off without losing any progress.”
And when I thought the game could not get any better or me could not get any more hyped, he proves me wrong with this quote.
Day 1. No question.

Mar 21, 2014
For anyone who cares, this is Worth A Buy's views on Doom Eternal

He's initially down on it but it's not all doom and gloom so watch til the end, which I never even saw that footage.

I'm waiting for a gggmanlives video on it to see his thoughts since he actually attended Quakecon. If anyone gives a sheeeeit about FPS titles, especially classic ones, do yourself a favor and check out gggmanlives on youtube, he know's his stuff.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
For anyone who cares, this is Worth A Buy's views on Doom Eternal

He's initially down on it but it's not all doom and gloom so watch til the end, which I never even saw that footage.

I'm waiting for a gggmanlives video on it to see his thoughts since he actually attended Quakecon. If anyone gives a sheeeeit about FPS titles, especially classic ones, do yourself a favor and check out gggmanlives on youtube, he know's his stuff.
gggmanlives has been spot on with pretty much all his reviews. He is the only credible youtube reviewer in my opinion. He had the balls to call out Uncharted 4 for being the pretentious pile of shit it was instead of jumping on the hype wagon.

Mar 21, 2014
gggmanlives has been spot on with pretty much all his reviews. He is the only credible youtube reviewer in my opinion. He had the balls to call out Uncharted 4 for being the pretentious pile of shit it was instead of jumping on the hype wagon.
I personally liked U4 but I respect different opinions. Also, don't forget he can have a change of mind as well, see PREY and R6 Siege. But yeah Gggmanlives is easily one of my favorite reviewers. I think I binge watched his old reviews for hours when I first discovered him.

Last edited: