• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Beth] 'DOOM Eternal' Teaser

Nullabe

My body is ready for Doom Eternal, it will be day1. Doom2016 was a really nice return to the basics and this seems better in everyway. Also happy that Mick Gordon return.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/15/doom-eternal-extra-lives/

“It’s just like our checkpoint system,” executive producer Marty Stratton tells me. “We have a similar checkpoint system, it’s just now you don’t have to go all the way back to the checkpoint and play back through that combat encounter.

“So if you’re almost to another checkpoint or you’re in a boss fight or something, your extra life, if you die, kicks in and the screen goes grey and you are invulnerable for a little bit. You can keep fighting, reposition yourself, and you’re right back in the action where you left off without losing any progress.”

Cato

Banned

“It’s just like our checkpoint system,” executive producer Marty Stratton tells me. “We have a similar checkpoint system, it’s just now you don’t have to go all the way back to the checkpoint and play back through that combat encounter.

“So if you’re almost to another checkpoint or you’re in a boss fight or something, your extra life, if you die, kicks in and the screen goes grey and you are invulnerable for a little bit. You can keep fighting, reposition yourself, and you’re right back in the action where you left off without losing any progress.”

And when I thought the game could not get any better or me could not get any more hyped, he proves me wrong with this quote.
Day 1. No question.

drotahorror

For anyone who cares, this is Worth A Buy's views on Doom Eternal

He's initially down on it but it's not all doom and gloom so watch til the end, which I never even saw that footage.

I'm waiting for a gggmanlives video on it to see his thoughts since he actually attended Quakecon. If anyone gives a sheeeeit about FPS titles, especially classic ones, do yourself a favor and check out gggmanlives on youtube, he know's his stuff.

Last edited:

Vtecomega

Banned
For anyone who cares, this is Worth A Buy's views on Doom Eternal

He's initially down on it but it's not all doom and gloom so watch til the end, which I never even saw that footage.

I'm waiting for a gggmanlives video on it to see his thoughts since he actually attended Quakecon. If anyone gives a sheeeeit about FPS titles, especially classic ones, do yourself a favor and check out gggmanlives on youtube, he know's his stuff.

gggmanlives has been spot on with pretty much all his reviews. He is the only credible youtube reviewer in my opinion. He had the balls to call out Uncharted 4 for being the pretentious pile of shit it was instead of jumping on the hype wagon.

drotahorror

gggmanlives has been spot on with pretty much all his reviews. He is the only credible youtube reviewer in my opinion. He had the balls to call out Uncharted 4 for being the pretentious pile of shit it was instead of jumping on the hype wagon.

I personally liked U4 but I respect different opinions. Also, don't forget he can have a change of mind as well, see PREY and R6 Siege. But yeah Gggmanlives is easily one of my favorite reviewers. I think I binge watched his old reviews for hours when I first discovered him.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

So, does anyone plan to make the OT for DOOM ETERNAL? I actually thought of some good ideas so unless somebody comes forth saying "Yeah me, and I'll make it the best OT ever." I'll do it myself.

SweetShark

Just a thought for possible DLC for DOOM: Eternal.

Who else think that it would be awesome to buy for the Invasion Mode (becoming a Demon and invade the game of other player) Demons from other games?

Terrible first example, but Onoskelis from the Agony would be awesome or a better one.... Lizard Demon Chaos from Devil May Cry 5!!!

So many possibilities for crossovers...

SweetShark

But what happens if you fall into a death pit?
Does it teleport you somewhere near?

SweetShark

So, does anyone plan to make the OT for DOOM ETERNAL? I actually thought of some good ideas so unless somebody comes forth saying "Yeah me, and I'll make it the best OT ever." I'll do it myself.

Oh, how much I would LOVED that.
Sadly I am a new member so...*cry*

Is it me or does Doom Eternal looks exactly like Doom 2016 graphically? It really feels like a DLC with added abilities and contents but that's it.

mcz117chief

Is it me or does Doom Eternal looks exactly like Doom 2016 graphically? It really feels like a DLC with added abilities and contents but that's it.
The last DOOM still looks excellent so I couldn't care less if it looks the same honestly. DOOM 2 is practically a map pack for DOOM 1 with one new weapon and a few enemies.

Last edited:

SweetShark

Ok, another thought I made that maybe is possible a little worrying.

What if the whole game are the majority just a small number of gigantic maps?

We already saw a map from the first trailers and it had something missions on it? I don't remember.
The possibility of playing in the same map for hours to complete some missions is very high.

Also there is the Invasion Mode.
The most easiest way for this mode to work is to have as few maps as possible so there is no problem finding a match quickly.

makaveli60

I agree, Doom 2016 is one of the best games ever but this seems like an expansion pack, not a sequel (just as Doom 2 was, but that doesn't make it better). No new weapons (which is a must IMO), they are just reskinned, glory kills are not improved (like killing two demons at one, new types with using your weapons etc.) It just seems too little too late at the moment. I wouldn't complain for a moment if we got this in like 2017 but it's 2019 now and we don't even have a release date yet. I hope they will surprise me.

Top Bottom