• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-Beth] 'DOOM Eternal' Teaser

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job

Announcing DOOM Eternal, the direct sequel to the award-winning and best-selling DOOM (2016). Developed by id Software, DOOM Eternal brings the ultimate combination of speed and power with the next leap in push-forward, first-person combat.

Skyn3t

Banned
Time flies, my friend. Just remember being a kid and waiting for my PlayStation in 1996, fast forward, here I am now having my own kid. But still playing video games, never gets old.l

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
and with the other plataforms. It's kinda unfair to wait that much for a port. I get that it's not easy, but they already did before, so... you know
I mean in the case of DOOM(2016) it was out before the Switch was even announced.

How did DOOM on Switch sell anyway? That will probably determine whether it's coming.

makaveli60

This was the last thing I needed to know that this is one of the best E3s ever. Anxiously waiting for it. Pete Hines didn't lie when he said this will be a "hell on earth time" for them :)

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Amazing teaser. Not a huge fan of DOOM 4 but I have high hopes they learned from their mistakes and will make DOOM 5 an amazing game.

OH-MyCar

Time flies, my friend. Just remember being a kid and waiting for my PlayStation in 1996, fast forward, here I am now having my own kid. But still playing video games, never gets old.l

I was thinking the same thing, only with the stigma of playing Doom. I remember Columbine happened when I was in high school and I was that kid who openly loved KMFDM and Doom & things just got really weird for a few weeks (even though I was relatively outgoing). It was like everyone thought I'd flip out and kill everyone from the dark combination, Zoolander / "Relax"-style. Today? No one even makes the connection. Doom eventually outlived all of the hysteria. Granted, mass shootings are still a thing but it makes me feel old nonetheless.

MiguelItUp

I got what I wanted. Thanks id/Bethesday/E3! Lol.

Also, I wanted to point out that I loved watching a pretty rough quality video the first time as it made me miss a TON of things worth pointing out. Spikey Imps, Archvile, Pain Elemental, what could be armor that throws back to the classic DOOM marine (certainly looks that way!) That was a great teaser. I seriously can't wait for August.

tkscz

I mean in the case of DOOM(2016) it was out before the Switch was even announced.

How did DOOM on Switch sell anyway? That will probably determine whether it's coming.

Sales wise, not so well. Not close to what Skyrim pulled. Runs great, but the year later release (which makes sense all considering) didn't help it, nor did it being $60 at the time the other versions were half the price.

Codes 208

Sales wise, not so well. Not close to what Skyrim pulled. Runs great, but the year later release (which makes sense all considering) didn't help it, nor did it being $60 at the time the other versions were half the price.
I wouldnt called running at lower than low settings at >720p with framerate averaging between 22-26 running great. Not that its their fault, the game wasnt reqlly designed for the switch in mind.

xviper

giphy.gif

Fuz

Banned
Old school FPS gamer here.

I really liked the previous DooM. It was way better than I have imagined.
Said so, I also detested the "half empty corridor->closed room with spawning monsters->half empty corridor->closed room with spawning monsters" formula. It's bad.
Apart from that, the gunplay was great, the feel was great, everything else was great.
Oh right, the "fatalities" get old FAST and they break the action way too much. Second dislike from me.
Great game, nevertheless.

I hope this sequel ditch that boring formula.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
Well, Bethesda brought the Doom franchise back from the grave, now they have to find a good creative team to do some blood transfusion. The modern Doom (2016) was a complete disaster compared to the good old DOOM 1-2. It was like a cheap arcade game. This render... is also devoid of any original ideas, so it will also be a disaster like its predecessor :(. Maybe 10 years later we'll have a good Doom game. Next.

mcz117chief

Old school FPS gamer here.

I really liked the previous DooM. It was way better than I have imagined.
Said so, I also detested the "half empty corridor->closed room with spawning monsters->half empty corridor->closed room with spawning monsters" formula. It's bad.
Apart from that, the gunplay was great, the feel was great, everything else was great.
Oh right, the "fatalities" get old FAST and they break the action way too much. Second dislike from me.
Great game, nevertheless.

I hope this sequel ditch that boring formula.

Also, don't forget the terrible sounds effects (super low volume for gun noises, explosives, etc.), bugged to hell pistol, very little blood and disappearing gore, no feedback on taking damage, boring music, worst BFG ever, horendous plasma gun firing animation, etc. etc.
DOOM 4 is a pretty good game but it can definitely be a 10/10 if they just fixed all this.

Have you tried the modern Shadow Warrior games? I enjoy them considerably more than I do DOOM 4.

Well, Bethesda brought the Doom franchise back from the grave, now they have to find a good creative team to do some blood transfusion. The modern Doom (2016) was a complete disaster compared to the good old DOOM 1-2. It was like a cheap arcade game. This render... is also devoid of any original ideas, so it will also be a disaster like its predecessor :(. Maybe 10 years later we'll have a good Doom game. Next.

I'm not a huge fan either but it really wasn't THAT bad, mate.

Last edited:
Day one for me. They should have called it Doom II Hell on Earth though. As a huge Bethesda and Fallout fan, this was the only redeeming quality of their conference for me.

Bethesda are now pushing mobile games as the next big thing... what year is this? And now Fallout is a multiplayer game? *takes down Todd Howard portrait from wall and puts it in the bin*

Last edited:

Codes 208

Shit, wrong quote.

I enjoyed doom 4. When it was first revealed i had little expectations of it but shit it blew my mind when it came out. It was faced paced yet felt classic to me. This one looks very much like a "what if the flood took over earth in halo?" from all those fleshy tentacles and im digging it.

Last edited:

makaveli60

My most anticipated game since Doom 2016. I hope they bring back the classic pistol and shotgun, they would fit since we are on Earth this time.

Arkage

Banned
I really should do a replay of this game. I also had a vague feeling of wanting to play it's multiplayer but I always shy away from committing myself. How has the scene been with the multiplayer part?

Vtecomega

Banned
I really should do a replay of this game. I also had a vague feeling of wanting to play it's multiplayer but I always shy away from committing myself. How has the scene been with the multiplayer part?

Multiplayer is still surprisingly active, although it isn't great. It feels and plays like a derp version of halo 5.

Campaign is where its at.

Top Bottom